What True TES Class Are you?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Hargood

Defender of Helpless Kittens
.... And When I ask "True" Elder Scrolls Class, I mean that class of the Traditional Elderscrolls Games. Now I know that many have made up their class names from traditional video game or roleplaying game idea's. That is awesome and creative and still in the true spirit of the TES game Franchise.

..but Outside of that but within your own creation, "What Is You Class In the TES universe"

For newer Players that Just started with Skyrim I'll put my Own Kind of take on the Diffrent Classes as well as links to just what they were in the past to help out.

But This I'd Love To know from you... and even how and why...

Example = If you were walking around in Skyrim, and a Villager asked "What profession are you?".. maybe you'll say "Paladin".. and they would say "Uh, I don't follow that, what did you say". ..then you say the closest thing to that class in TES Lore and say "Oh I mean't Crusader", in which they say "Ah Ok".

again, Please just take a moment because I'd really like to know.

What's "TES" Class Are you?

From Oblivion:Oblivion:Classes - UESPWiki
From Morrowind: Morrowind:Classes - UESPWiki
From Daggerfall: Daggerfall:Intrinsic Classes - UESPWiki
(I don't include Arena because it was alot diffrent.. but class missing in the next games from it would be "Burglar and Ranger" I don't mind if you Identify with those in this thread though)

My breakdown:
Acrobat ..lightly armored thief, performer, figther using the ol "Athletics" and "Acrobatics" skills
Agent ..a Rouge/Agility Character that is Chaotic Good. Great "Honoralbe Spys".. such as The Blades.
Archer.. Pretty Much the name
Assassin ..Pretty Much the name
Barbarian ..The name, Being a Heavy Weapon user, but a light armor wearer
Bard.. He has Weapons and magic in his Arsanal but uses the Ol Speechcraft to get his jobs done.
Battlemage.. (Big misconseption) a Heavy Destrution Magic Thrower,..(non Armored)..But is very good at weapons. Think of it as a "Barbarian Magic Thrower".
Crusader....Closets Paladin Idea (even though "Paladin" is now a Canon Snow Elf Term)
Healer.. Just like the name
Knight.. a Warrior, but a Very Lawful Good one.
Mage.. Not far from other lores of a diverse magic user
Monk.. Not frar from other lores of a diciplined Martial Fighter
Nightblade.. Dark Magic using Fighter, Like a "Neco-blade" or a "Dark-blade"
Pilgrim ..as the name states but on of Speechcraft, and of more Mundane abilites than a priest
Rogue ..as the name states, but using Speechcraft to gain an "Aristocritic" status.. Scout ..This is actually more like "The Hunter" of other Game Lores
Sorcerer ...Here is your HEAVY ARMORED SPELLCASTING class
Spellsword.. The Multitalented Sword and Sheild spell thrower
Thief ..That Pure "thief" class
Warrior.. Pure to the Word
Witchhunter ..This is a Spell casting Archer. Uses any source of magic while ranging his foes.

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer
I'm a warrior at heart. But not a goody two-shoes like the Knight or Crusader class. Think Renegade Shepard from Mass Effect.

Sean

lost somewhere
I guess Spelsword because I use at least 2 spells from every category and the Ebony Blade, but all perks and skills at 100 so maybe Jack of All Trades. I do use a bow as well.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
My main character fits the description of Rogue for Daggerfall (a warrior thief hybrid). My other characters are Archer, Assassin, Mage, and Warrior.
....Battlemage.. (Big misconseption) a Heavy Destrution Magic Thrower,..(non Armored)...
It's not a misconception that Battlemages use heavy armor. Based on what I read in those articles and elsewhere this was very inconsistent. In Daggerfall they could only wear leather armor, but in Morrowind they had heavy armor as a major skill. In Oblivion they have no armor skill but apparently many wore heavy armor anyway like this Imperial Battlemage from Obliviion:
OB-npc-Imperial_Battlemage.jpg

While there are no fixed builds in Skyrim the Official Guide depicts them and descibes them as heavy armor users:
8054445524_f88f181e7c_b.jpg

It is true that all of the builds have Destruction Magic as a common element though.

Neriad13

Premium Member
My current Skyrim build really doesn't fit anywhere nicely on the list of classes. I use stealth and archery a whole lot, but I'm also heavily armored, adept at blocking and swordplay and rely a lot on alchemy to get me through fights. I guess the "warrior" class has the biggest concentration of skills that I use, but that still leaves out the alchemy and stealth. :sadface:

If I had to call myself anything, it'd have to be either "Poison Blade" or "Vampire Hunter."

Soloquendi

Pastor of Muppets
I'm the class that knows the difference between "you" and "your". ;)

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
I suppose my current one is close to a Nightblade or Dark-Blade, It's a cross between an Assassin and a Necromancer, sneak up slit throat, steal souls, bring them back to serve me in death. I just think it is so evil haha, just how I treat them.
All they can look forward to is their throat being slit and dumped in the basement when I'm finished with them or just randomly be killed over and over as punishment.

When me and my army of undead stroll through town they hear this in their heads.

Hargood

Defender of Helpless Kittens
My main character fits the description of Rogue for Daggerfall (a warrior thief hybrid). My other characters are Archer, Assassin, Mage, and Warrior.

It's not a misconception that Battlemages use heavy armor. Based on what I read in those articles and elsewhere this was very inconsistent. In Daggerfall they could only wear leather armor, but in Morrowind they had heavy armor as a major skill. In Oblivion they have no armor skill but apparently many wore heavy armor anyway like this Imperial Battlemage from Obliviion:
OB-npc-Imperial_Battlemage.jpg

While there are no fixed builds in Skyrim the Official Guide depicts them and descibes them as heavy armor users:
8054445524_f88f181e7c_b.jpg

It is true that all of the builds have Destruction Magic as a common element though.

Yeah, True. It is very inconsistent. I tried to stay on line with the flip-flop on that one. Still, Lore could have even changed back again with Skyrim.( Since their are no "Player Classes") who knows.:confused:

Assassin99

Scholar/sorcerer

Bad-People

Supreme Overlord of the Barbarian Tribe of Hothor
Wait. Are you asking what my character is, or what I am?

Mi-Ilu Yahaz

Ummm depends I guess. Right now I'm a full Mage, though I would used to play a Warrior or Battlemage on my characters from previous games (Fireballs could only get you so far -_-).

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
Depends on the type of character I want to play. I think I've played just about ever default class that has been introduced into TES games. For a while, witch hunter was a personal favorite. I used that class a lot in Morrowind.

Mannulus

Article Writer
Mage :D

Subtle

An Unexpected Ally
Yeah, True. It is very inconsistent. I tried to stay on line with the flip-flop on that one. Still, Lore could have even changed back again with Skyrim.( Since their are no "Player Classes") who knows.:confused:
I'm pretty sure battlemages use heavy armor and utilize weapons along with destruction magic as well as other supplemental magic (in other words magic used to back you up). I would say a spellsword is the one that uses a sword in one handed and destruction or the sort in the other. He would probably wear light armor as well.

That is merely what I understand them to be from the Lore of previous Elder Scrolls games, although what you said is true about how the Lore isn't very consistent.

Nocte Aeterna

Sir Not-Appearing-in-This-Film
I think I'd be the most befitting of a weaponmaster in real life. I've taken both swordsmanship and archery classes, and some of the things I used to do in martial arts required the use of something akin to heavy armor. Plus, I'm more of a dual-wielding person myself. Never cared much for shields.

Ideally, though, I'd be a spellsword or rogue. Magic is might.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts