What Should I Do Next?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Teritus

Giving it to you straight since 1869
Basically, I've been playing a pure mage for a long time now, and I've had a lot of fun, but I think it's time for me to start a new character. I was thinking of doing either a one-handed/block, heavy armour warrior, or playing a more thief/assassin type. For anyone who knows, which one is more of a challenge and more enjoyable to play in the long run?

Thanks!

Basically, I've been playing a pure mage for a long time now, and I've had a lot of fun, but I think it's time for me to start a new character. I was thinking of doing either a one-handed/block, heavy armour warrior, or playing a more thief/assassin type. For anyone who knows, which one is more of a challenge and more enjoyable to play in the long run?

Thanks!
Thief/Assassin is more fun in the long run in my opinion as it requires more thought, such as planning ambushes, sneaking around and since you are weaker due to most likely wearing light armour, its more of a challenge (especially with master difficulty). Do not get me wrong, a warrior class is fun but the hack n slash approach gets repetitive after a while and less rewarding. On a side note the warrior class can be quite hard if your going against a lot of magic users as magic always seemed to screw me up on my warrior character.

psyk0

No soul gem large enough.
I'd say a thief/assassin is more challenging, but in my opinion it's equally as rewarding as a hack-and-slash warrior (which, for most encounters, is very easy if you build it right.) It really depends whether you'd rather stab someone through the heart before they know you're there, or beat them into submission. Both are fun. ;)

andrea

yup, i vote thief/assassin, I'm doing it now at master level using dual wielding, light armor, bow and sneak, its difficult and funny !!!

Teritus

Giving it to you straight since 1869
Yeah, I'm thinking thief/assassin too would be more fun. But what do you do when you get into these big combat situations and you're usually wearing only light armour?

andrea

I mostly kill from a distance with the bow, if the dungeons is really really hard i bring a follower and use him like a shield :)

psyk0

No soul gem large enough.
Yeah, I'm thinking thief/assassin too would be more fun. But what do you do when you get into these big combat situations and you're usually wearing only light armour?

Get a meat shield. :p

Invest in some invisible potions or spells! That way you can simply vanish, retreat and ambush them again. or invest in the vanish roll perk (i dont know its name but in sneak skill tree) which allows you to roll then sneak and be undetected instantly!

Thomas Liu

tyl089
i don't think anything is wrong with light armor personally; got all the smith perk, so i'm using gilded elven armor, and i've upgraded to armor rating of 114 with smithing and smithing potions.

Oliverjames

Sneak archer is definitely the most fun I've had. The relevant perks, smithing and enchantments even make you a formidable foe at close range (stagger etc).

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts