• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Harkin

Necromatic Mastermind
Is everyone playing that's keeping them busy?

I've not been on here in ages because Witcher 3, Batman Arkham Knight and Bloodborne have kept me occupied!

Really need Metal Gear Solid V in my life, after extensively playing Ground Zeros and watching others play it, grrrr, cant wait...

A lot of games are doing open worlds now, but not all of them are filling the world with interesting content, Witcher by far has got it right, there has to be characters and locations with personality for the areas to be memorable.

Mass effect though linear had amazing characters with such unique qualities, if there was an open world game with immense character depth, what a game that would be.

I must go play Skyrim again since its been a long time, wondering what everyone else is playing.

hershangames

Well I'm now really busy playing Metal Gera Solid V and Mount & Blade: Warband. They're really good games, perhaps some of the best I've ever played. The problem is, I'm playing then because a friend of mine shared his steam library with me, so when plays something I have to go back to my own games. Which are usually either Total War: Rome II or good ol' Skyrim.

sent by the almighty Hershan from tapatalk

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Playing Fallout 3 (just about finished) and then to FNV looking forward to F4.

Might go back to Skyrim for a few weeks though. I miss it after a month or so.

GOTY version of Dragon Age Inquisition coming out on the 10th. Will probably get that as well.

That reminds me, I need to update my Witcher with the newest patches.

I've played a few hours of Witcher 3 and I just can't seem to get into it. The graphics are amazing (especially as I'm playing it on a PC with a GTX980Ti and 2540x1440 g-sync monitor...) and the combat mechanics are quite fun, but it just hasn't immersed me in the same way that other games have. It's probably because even after circa 300 hours I am still utterly compelled by Skyrim. So maybe if I ever do start to get bored of Skyrim perhaps I'll be more willing to accept another RPG.

I recently got Dark Souls 2 as well. Despite being outrageously difficult, it's a great game.

Harkin

Necromatic Mastermind
I've played a few hours of Witcher 3 and I just can't seem to get into it. The graphics are amazing (especially as I'm playing it on a PC with a GTX980Ti and 2540x1440 g-sync monitor...) and the combat mechanics are quite fun, but it just hasn't immersed me in the same way that other games have. It's probably because even after circa 300 hours I am still utterly compelled by Skyrim.

I played all three Witchers and still feel like the older ones were better in some regards, endgame Witcher 3 theres nothing keeping me interested, since the main characters vanish, and the open world despite being visually stunning, has hardly anything for the player to "do".

Dark Souls aswell is a great game series

Hearing good things about Fallouts, also Uncharted 4

Daelon DuLac

I've played a few hours of Witcher 3 and I just can't seem to get into it. The graphics are amazing (especially as I'm playing it on a PC with a GTX980Ti and 2540x1440 g-sync monitor...) and the combat mechanics are quite fun, but it just hasn't immersed me in the same way that other games have. It's probably because even after circa 300 hours I am still utterly compelled by Skyrim. So maybe if I ever do start to get bored of Skyrim perhaps I'll be more willing to accept another RPG.

I recently got Dark Souls 2 as well. Despite being outrageously difficult, it's a great game.
The first few hours are maddening. I agree that the graphics and mechanics are great, but it took me nearly 60 hours before I actually started to like the game. The story is definitely well written and the graphics amazing, but I just disliked the characters so much that I couldn't get in to it. Finally, after all those hours I got it. Geralt is a a**hole, yes, but he is an a**hole for good reason. Yennifer is a b****. That's it, she's a b****. The blond chick is a flake and the red-head is a slut who actually wants to do something good and on and on and on. Still - I've never finished. I'll go back to it though... evenutally.

And FAH! 300 hours? Oh please! I'm running up on 7K since it was released. The game has been out nearly 1400 days now so that means that I have consistently played 2 hours every day for the last 4 years! Yikes! (of course I do take breaks often, but have been known to play Skyrim for 12-15 hours at a stretch). I am a sad, sad, sad, addicted person. :)

Daelon DuLac

I've played a few hours of Witcher 3 and I just can't seem to get into it. The graphics are amazing (especially as I'm playing it on a PC with a GTX980Ti and 2540x1440 g-sync monitor...) and the combat mechanics are quite fun, but it just hasn't immersed me in the same way that other games have. It's probably because even after circa 300 hours I am still utterly compelled by Skyrim.

I played all three Witchers and still feel like the older ones were better in some regards, endgame Witcher 3 theres nothing keeping me interested, since the main characters vanish, and the open world despite being visually stunning, has hardly anything for the player to "do".

Dark Souls aswell is a great game series

Hearing good things about Fallouts, also Uncharted 4
If you haven't tried Fallout, take it from someone who has been vociferously anti-shooter for a long, long time. I finally picked it up and now I enjoy shooting things. Sure it's not always with a gun (in the normal sense), but I do love those grenades!

I think the problem with Witcher for me is because you can only play as one character, and that character has a pre-determined appearance, voice, personality, etc., and you can only play in third person, it just makes it far less immersive than other games. It's almost like watching a movie that you can have some input into, rather than a simulation of a completely free and immersive world like Skyrim is.

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
Patiently waiting for Fallout 4 and killing time with Oblivion and Skyrim. Sometimes I put in Borderlands 2 and just run around in circles shooting my Grog Nozzle for a few minutes before I realize that I'm bored and quit.

Maybe a fresh new Fallout 3 game is in order. I still haven't seen ALL of the Wasteland.

Daelon DuLac

I have seen every last thing to see in the Wasteland in F3. Now that I have, I can play again and skip all the boring stuff that serves no purpose. That's why I'm a completionist on my 1st playthrough so I can decide what I do and do not want to bother with on a "real" playthrough. Plus I'm practically angelic at this point so I think a good evil runthrough is in order.

LotusEater

I have seen every last thing to see in the Wasteland in F3. Now that I have, I can play again and skip all the boring stuff that serves no purpose. That's why I'm a completionist on my 1st playthrough so I can decide what I do and do not want to bother with on a "real" playthrough. Plus I'm practically angelic at this point so I think a good evil runthrough is in order.

That's bold statement my friend... even all the DLC's?

Daelon DuLac

Yup. I've just spent the last 2 months at it. Let me tell you there area A LOT of places in Fallout 3 A LOT! Well worth it though. Definitely well worth it. ALL HAIL DAVE!

LotusEater

Yup. I've just spent the last 2 months at it. Let me tell you there area A LOT of places in Fallout 3 A LOT! Well worth it though. Definitely well worth it. ALL HAIL DAVE!

Oh I know it's huge. I've uncovered most of the map save a few unmarked locations and mutant strongholds. I've yet to fully explore the entire DC ruins and Mall area. There are a few sewage systems that have escaped me as well.

Daelon DuLac

Oh I know it's huge. I've uncovered most of the map save a few unmarked locations and mutant strongholds. I've yet to fully explore the entire DC ruins and Mall area. There are a few sewage systems that have escaped me as well.
Well enjoy! And remember, despite appearances, Lawn Gnomes are very important to some people. :)

LotusEater

Well enjoy! And remember, despite appearances, Lawn Gnomes are very important to some people. :)

Personally, I like to clear Mothership Zeta of every thing of value early, specifically every Atomizer since they only weigh 2. I stockpile as many as I can and make sure I have Scrounger perk so I get a bunch of alien ammo. Then I sell all the guns and ammo and clear the ammo shelves in Rivet City as many times as I can. I buy all ammo then I go to the Pitt and convert all the metal ammo into 5mm. After that I play the rest of the game raising holy hell with Eugene and Vengeance. Bloody Mess perk and everything explodes!

Oh, now I gotta play me some Fallout.

Daelon DuLac

Personally, I like to clear Mothership Zeta of every thing of value early, specifically every Atomizer since they only weigh 2. I stockpile as many as I can and make sure I have Scrounger perk so I get a bunch of alien ammo. Then I sell all the guns and ammo and clear the ammo shelves in Rivet City as many times as I can. I buy all ammo then I go to the Pitt and convert all the metal ammo into 5mm. After that I play the rest of the game raising holy hell with Eugene and Vengeance. Bloody Mess perk and everything explodes!

Oh, now I gotta play me some Fallout.
I have more ammo and grenades than I know what to do with. With Fawkes and Dog Meat I've been reeking havoc on everything and everbody in the Wastes and Point Lookout.

Funny but I wasn't a big fan of Pitt or Theta. To me they served little purpose, but I played them after everything else. Sure I was strong, but, for the longest time all I had was these weak weapons and armor and no healing abilities. It was annoying.

I did do "China Beach" early though. I just loved my rewards.

LotusEater

I usually do Zeta, Anchorage and Pitt (in that order) first thing just to get them out of the way and get the gear and then take my time doing the main quest and Point Lookout.

Daelon DuLac

I usually do Zeta, Anchorage and Pitt first thing just to get them out of the way and get the gear and then take my time doing the main quest and Point Lookout.
Good idea. Maybe next time. Since I rotate through about a dozen games (Skyrim is the exception), it may take me a while to get back to it. I still have to do FNV.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts