PC What mods are you pc players using?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

DarK StaR

I'm using more dragons ,crimson daydric,crimson dragon, and improved nightangle.
any good mods you guys know of that are interested in sharing?

Classic Classes, and Signs. The rest are superficial, Races Plus for more facial options, Real Tanning to work Fur, Hide, and Leather on Tanning Racks instead of burning, and hammering them on a forge. Ranger Cabins mostly as a base for my own Mods (currently adding Towers, and Guard outposts for Whiterun Hold, and setting up a Forsworn Invasion) Expanded Wardrobe for more robes, and clothing options, and so forth. There's only 9 total, but none of them alter game balance, or difficulty. I do that in my builds.

Dallas-Arbiter

Darker nights and Darker interiors, The darker nights mod makes it really really dark at night. If it's cloudy raining or snowing, you can't see at all. Darker interiors makes interiors much darker, a bit more realistic. One candle isn't going to light up an entire room, you know.

Better Bows, (Wish he would of made some new arrows to go with all them nice new bows) Blood Witch Armor, Coverwomen look 1, coverwomen eyes, with the coverwomen neck seam fix, puppeteer master and pinups pose mods, you need FNIS to get those pose mods to work. A much better looking gold coin texture, and finally my own mod just for myself, it's just a house across the road from Whiterun Stables. Thinking about adding a smithy to the backyard.

Darker nights and Darker interiors, The darker nights mod makes it really really dark at night. If it's cloudy raining or snowing, you can't see at all. Darker interiors makes interiors much darker, a bit more realistic. One candle isn't going to light up an entire room, you know.

Better Bows, (Wish he would of made some new arrows to go with all them nice new bows) Blood Witch Armor, Coverwomen look 1, coverwomen eyes, with the coverwomen neck seam fix, puppeteer master and pinups pose mods, you need FNIS to get those pose mods to work. A much better looking gold coin texture, and finally my own mod just for myself, it's just a house across the road from Whiterun Stables. Thinking about adding a smithy to the backyard.
Does the neckmesh fix work on Male Avatars switched to Female bodies? I like making bearded women (a nice effeminate pencil mustache, and dagger labrette) but the mismesh is ugly, so I'm forced to use long hair to cover it.

Dallas-Arbiter

Does the neckmesh fix work on Male Avatars switched to Female bodies? I like making bearded women (a nice effeminate pencil mustache, and dagger labrette) but the mismesh is ugly, so I'm forced to use long hair to cover it.
I don't think it does, it's just the msn normal map texture thing, it just smooths the seam out, it's still there, but nowhere as noticeable.

Neriad13

Premium Member
Camping Kit of the Northern Ranger (a camping shop in Riverwood that sells kits which I use all the time), Better Swimming (you swim much slower if you're wearing clothes or armor), True Compass (blocks out all but the cardinal compass directions on your compass), Fishing in Skyrim (a whole lot of fun), Lore-Based Loading Screens (always nice to have something different to read while waiting), Duel - Combat Realism (smarter enemy AI), the Cartographer's Map Markers (useful for chronic fast-travelers as well as people who just want to keep track of where they've been) and Amazing Follower Tweaks (very useful, if you can get it to run).

As for the more boring mods, I've got Potions Renamed, Skyrim Crash Prevention, Better Item Sorting and Unofficial Skyrim Patch.

Nothing too fancy. I play what I call a slightly enhanced vanilla game.

I don't think it does, it's just the msn normal map texture thing, it just smooths the seam out, it's still there, but nowhere as noticeable.
What about colormatch? I've also run into skin-tone issues, especially with some of the more, ahem, revealing outfits, like the Savior's Hide, Nocturnal's Robes, and Tavern dress.

Dallas-Arbiter

What about colormatch? I've also run into skin-tone issues, especially with some of the more, ahem, revealing outfits, like the Savior's Hide, Nocturnal's Robes, and Tavern dress.

I had to check to make sure, I tested the Tavern Clothes, and it does fix the mismatch mostly. It's just barely noticeable right at the seam. But I also have the UNP body, and the UNP armor re-mesh mod that might be part of it too. I believe there is a coverwomen version for the CBBE bodies too, and I know there is a CBBE armor re-mesh mod on the Nexus

Beware though, If you try coverwomen, you might not like it. It will change the way your character and every female humanoid NPC looks, even Orcs. It dolls them up. There's several different versions, some versions are more dolled up than other versions. The version I liked was look 1.

Here is a before and after shot I made with my first character. Vanilla on the left, Coverwomen and coverwomen eyes on the right. The chin is slightly longer on the right side, did that in the CK. The hair is different of course, but everything else is exactly the same, it's a drastic difference. If you think that's too much, I do believe there is a neck seam fix on the Nexus as well that won't change your character's face.
1796235-1335699259.jpg

I have Luscious Faces, but don't use Nexus, just SWS. Nice armor, is it availible without the Badonkadonk mod (AKA Big Booty Edition)? Even if I did Nexus, I really don't want to get that one.

Dallas-Arbiter

Oh. Hmm. Maybe just maybe someone has made a neckseam fix there for Luscious Faces. I've never been to the Steam Workshop, so I don't know.

Here are some of my suggestions to add to the game.
UFO - Ultimate Followers Overhaul / Path of Shadows (makes sneaking much harder) / Immersive Armors (great lore armors added for spice / Apachiiskyhair ( more different hair styles ) / Deadly Dragons ( a great variety of dragons, can customize to be harder or easier, mutiple dragons possible / Cloaks of Skyrim / JaySuS swords ( wonderful variety of Non-Fantasy weapons ) / Camping Lite / Total Realism - Basic Needs ( must eat, drink and sleep ) / Double Torch Radius ( makes torches usable) / Tougher Traps ( touch one, I DARE you! ) / Immersive Skyrim Thunder V5 ( thunder that scared the S**t INTO you and then back out again)
I have a few player home mods that I use. Each Character get's it's own unique home depending on his/her style.

Alissa DeWitt

Beer Wench
Hypothermia, Imp's More Complex Needs, Cloaks of Skyrim, Camping Lite: I love mods that add realism, make it so you have to eat or can't walk outside naked or you'll freeze

Dagi-Raht Khajiit: Makes khajiit look a bit more human, very nicely done

Redean's Tailoring, Armored Circlets, Expanded Crafting: I like the idea of making my own armor, clothes and arrows

Hoods with Circlets: because it looks sweet to walk out with both

Imps complex needs- makes sleep and food absolutely necessary
Frostfall- harsh weather and frigid water can cripple or kill you
Dynamic weather- rains/ snows more often
Realistic lighting- dark nights, very dark dungeons
Realistic carry weight- currently able to carry 188
Realistic run/ walk speed
Winter is coming- fur cloak mod
Weapon armor fix- fixes bugged gear
Smash locks- can smash open locks, success is dependent on weapon skill level
Wearable lanterns- require oil and dims as oil is consumed
Droppable torches ( they stay lit on the ground)
Saddle bags( w/ over encumbrance penalties)
Horse whistle
HD textures
Dynavision- adds depth of field
Imaginator- allows fine tuning of color and lighting
Open face guard helmets

Really greatful to the modders- they gives us the ability to shape an already great game to our liking.

Unit7

I mostly tend to play vanilla. But I do have a few mods.

GreenWaterFix. Not sure if it was ever officially fixed... but I do like being able to see clearly underwater. So I keep it installed.

Shrouded Armor Enchantments. This one is purely for aesthitic reasons. This allows me to disenchant the Shrouded Hand Wraps and apply them to necklace/boots/rings of my choosing.

Nightingale Elven Crafted Silver Mail(nocape version) Basically this one is... well I'm more or less of a perv. Changes the female worn Nightingale into something a tad more sexier. I got the mod above simply so I didn't have to switc between Nightingale gloves and shrouded.

No Helmet Mod. Basically makes every helm in the game invisible. Except for Shrouded Cowl and a few others. Of course you can choose which helms you want to see or don't see.

I also tried out Bigger Whiterun. This mod makes Whiterun larger. Well more like a bit more cramped. It adds several vendors, a few new houses, a Statue of Ysgramor, and a few walkways on top of the walls. Also get a few new NPCs to marry and some kids, including a Dark Elf kid. Also adds more plant life. I would have kept the mod installed but unfortunately my computer couldn't quite handle it. With Dawnguard there is that chance of a Vampire attacks and if everyone in the city started to freak out all at once my game crashed. Then again I did sorta kill someone right in the middle of a crowd.

The one slight thing I don't like about the mod was that the market place was a bit cramped. Not necessarily a bad thing. But wasn't exactly what i'd have liked. I believe they are, or at least were, planning to do this to other cities but I haven't looked into it much.

Oh and a White Mini Dress mod... yup. Pervert. :p

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts