• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Aethalia

First off, if you are interested in joining, please go to the OOC thread, and read the rules, and post your character card. Applications on this thread won't be accepted, thank you.

OOC Thread: OOC - What Lurks in the Dark | Skyrim Forums

_________________________________________________________________________________
    Year: 4E 210, 1st of Hearthfire
    The leader of the Stormcloaks, Ulfric, High king of Skyrim, is dead. A vacuum is left in his place, as the jarls fight each other to prove their eligibility to become the next ruler of the frozen tundra. Little do they know, that a darker power has risen far beneath the surface of Skyrim. An ancient evil that recruits both the living and the dead to it's cause. People all over Skyrim notice worrying signs of a supernatural force at work: missing children, dead animals, and the ancient Nord dead, the Draugr, acting violently outside of their crypts. On top of that, citizens that seem ordinary dissapear in the night, returning as mindless killers under the control of some dark power....A group of adventures, looking for work, meet in the dreary, grey town of Falkreath, and have no idea about what they are about to stumble onto....
    ____________________________________________________________________________________

Aethalia

Aliah Stormwind pressed her back against the hard, wooden wall of one of the many buildings in Falkreath. The column of soldiers marched past without sparing her a glance. Ever since the death of the high king, the guards in each and every hold had been on edge, stopping and questioning those they didn't like the look of. 'like vampires' she thought dryly, pulling her black leather long coat around her, the hood hiding her bright red hair, and slightly glowing eyes. Being an Altmer in Skyrim wasn't as bad as it had been during the war, and Ulfric's reign, but humans still mistrusted and were more than a little prejudiced against her kind. It didn't help that she was a child of the night.

Rain fell in a steady flow, beading and rolling down the leather of her coat. Most people were indoors at this time, as the night had long since moved in, bringing both the rain and the cold. Luckily for her, she couldn't feel the cold, and wasn't terribly bothered by the rain. She'd fed recently, and felt warm and content, standing in the rain. She'd arrived only hours ago, from Riften, by coach, and was now waiting for the local tavern, Dead mans' drink, to clear out, which would reduce the likeliness that she would be recognized as a vampire. Originally, she'd planned to leave Skyrim for the Somerset Isles, to be among her own kind once more.

That plan had failed miserably, when, shortly after Ulfrics' death at the hands of Aliah and a band of other vengeful warriors, Stormcloaks had set fire to the docks of Solitude. Now she was stuck in Skyrim until she could hire a ship from Dawnstar, or perhaps Windhelm. Unfortunately, she was low on gold, having spent almost all of it getting to Falkreath. This meant she had to find work, and although most of the other Jarls were gearing up to fight each other over who should be the next High King, Sidgeir, the pompous fool, seemed confident he would become the next ruler. Snorting at the ridiculousness of that outcome, the vampire decided to head inside the tavern.

Although there were less people then there had been several hours ago, there was still at least, a dozen people at the tables. 'Nords sure do enjoy their mead' she thought with disdain, as she approached the owner at the bar. She was a middle aged imperial woman, who looked more than a little harassed with all the Nords crowding the place. "What can I get you, ma'am?" The woman asked, straining to be polite. Clearly, she'd recognized Aliah as an Altmer, but in case she had any doubt, the vampire removed her hood, running a hand through her arterial blood red hair. "I'm looking for work...any outstanding bounties?"
    The bartender rummaged around under the counter for a little while before coming up with a folded sheet of parchment. "Here," she said, offering the letter. "Direct from the jarl himself. He stressed that it was important that it be handled quickly and efficiently" the Altmer felt her eyebrows raise in surprise. From her experience, Jarls weren't known to do any type of work for themselves, unless given absolutely no choice.

Thanking the woman, Aliah strode over to a table in the corner, ignoring the lewd winks and inappropriate comments thrown her way. She was hardly unattractive, and underneath her leather coat, her clothes were form fitting, and left very little to the imagination. Taking a seat, she unfolded the letter and read through it. A bounty had been placed on a bandit camp a short walk from the city, and jarl Sidgeir wanted them eliminated. A thousand gold for the lot of them. Surprised, Aliah re-read the bounty, thinking she'd made a mistake, or counted a zero twice. But no, there it was, in black ink, clear as day. 1000 gold reward. Leaning back in her seat, the woman let a satisfied smile come to her lips. "I guess the jarl's more than a little worried about these bandits..."

ManoloXamps the Faggot

The Titan of Ether
    Tokos was hooded and cloaked, sitting alone in a small table in the tavern. He was there on Thieves Guild business. He planned to spend the night there and then head to Riften at morning.

In his waist, he had a pouch full of gold that he managed to steal while he was at it. Every single obtained in a wrong manner, he thought. He didn't care. That was his living anyway, stealing. Sometimes he stole from people who didn't deserve it. People who worked hard. But he had no time to feel remorse. He had felt pain before. The khajiit opened a small satchel and took a small amulet of Talos his mother had given him when he was little. He hold it tight, remembering that awful day when he saw his family getting brutally murdered. He put it back in the satchel before it brought those memories again.

"Excuse me, barkeeper!" says the troubled Trickster. "Yes, sir, what can I do for you?" Asks the woman. "Please fetch me some of your strongest mead." "Black-Briar or Honningbrew?" "Black-Briar, please." Tokos would never drink Honningbrew again. Once he had to go there to try and get the owner arrested. That place was the most skeever, frostbite spider and pest infested hole he'd ever been in his live.

He finishes drinking it, and orders another one when he notices the strange woman that had entered the tavern just now. There was a strange smile in her face. She must be up to something. The khajiit started, then, watching her every movement.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Salthar Vivarian had no fear of the guards patrolling the city. They posed no real threat to him, and thus, most of them turned a blind eye when they saw his tall, Thalmor robed figure coming their way. The aura of terror that the vampire lord seemed to exude as he walked probably helped to keep the Nords at bay. He was completely comfortable in the rainy night, and the cold, which meant that less of those irritating Nords would be out and about. The vampire had fed recently, but still, it always brought him pleasure to exterminate a few humans.

The Altmer turned his thoughts to the jarl of Falkreath. Sidgeir. Personally, Salthar was surprised that Ulfric hadn't visited some type of retribution upon the Imperial sympathizer.Then again, the young, arrogant man had probably lavished the High King with gifts and honeyed words, in an attempt to save his pitiful carcass. However, the vampire didn't mind Sidgeir too much, because for all the jarls arrogance and bravado, he turned a blind eye to the actions of Salthar's coven when they carried off villagers for their meals. It made the vampires lives much more easier.

His mood turning dark, Salthar remembered his reason for coming down from the Bloodlet Throne. Over the past few months, villagers from, well, all over had been disappearing. The older vampires that made up Salthar's council suspected another coven, and Salthar had gone to Falkreath personally to investigate. If he found another group of vampires in the town, he would need to utterly destroy them. No one stole from Salthar Vivarian.No one.

His robes swirled around him as he moved towards the local inn and tavern, Dead Mans' Drink. In the past, he'd always found the place a useful place of information, and hoped it would be the case this time around as well. He entered the tavern and immediately wrinkled his nose as the stench of humanity hit him. Stale urine and vomit, ale, and the always enticing scent of blood. Although he didn't care if the patrons recognized him as a vampire, he kept his hood up anyways, with only some of his midnight black hair spilling out onto his chest. Approaching the counter, he made eye contact with the irritating gossip that just happened to own the place. "Hello, sir, how may I-" the woman's sentence choked off as he made eye contact.

Smiling slightly, he inquired "Have you heard anything about vampires moving into town recently?" The woman managed to control herself and shook her head. "No sir, I haven't-" cutting her off abruptly, he turned away, surveying the room. A Khajiit sat at one table, which was an unusual sight, and in another corner, sat an Altmer woman with extraordinary red hair and features that stood out rather spectacularly. Something else stood out about her as well, and as he studied her, it clicked. 'Another vampire...interesting' for a moment, he wondered if she was responsible for the disapearances of the villagers, but decided not. She'd only arrived a few moments ago, by the look of her, and surely one vampire couldn't be responsible for the abduction of so many. Nevertheless, he was intrigued, taking a seat, he settled in to observe the female vampire.

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    A lithe, figure, wearing a tattered cloak and tight leather armour leapt over the wall, touching down with feline grace. Shadari glanced around, ears up, listening intently for any approaching guards. 'Nothing' baring her sharp teeth in the Khajiit equivalent of a smile. The deadly assassin, known commonly as Shadow, straightened, her tail swishing from side to side. She was here for one reason, and one reason only, profit.

A friend of hers had told her that the Jarl of Falkreath was offering top coin for the death of some bandits. Unfortunately, she wasn't really that popular in the grave yard town, as she'd killed several people in the tavern Dead mans' drink. She really hoped that the owner didn't recognize her, because if she did, Shadari would be doing a lot of talking. Entering the tavern she quickly took in the people in the tavern, which she'd been doing since her teen years. A fellow Khajiit, and what looked like two Altmer sitting apart from each other.

She walked to the tavern owner, still the same Imperial that had been there several years ago. "I heard the jarl's offering a nice bounty for the elimination of some thugs. You've got the bounty papers?" The woman shook her head. "That woman over there arrived first. The jarl only gave out one copy." The woman pointed, and Shadari turned to see the Altmer woman with bright red hair. "Thanks" muttered the assassin, walking up to the womans table and taking a seat. "Heard you're the one that took on the big bounty. Need a little assistance?" The Khajiit woman flashed a smile. Something smelled wrong about this one, and her skin was paler than most Altmer she'd encountered, but if she could get into her good graces, a lot of coin would be her reward.

Snoball

23rd President of the United States of America
    "Dear Nero, though I hadn't obtained the chance to formally thank you for aiding us in clearing up the whole Movarth mess a few months back, an upcoming event being held very soon should allow me to do so in person. In nine days time, the one year anniversary of Movarth's downfall will come to pass, and all of Morthal is to gather at the docks in a public celebration. I felt it only made sense to formally invite an influential investigator of the crisis. Feel free to partake in the festivities if the opportunity reveals itself." ~Jarl Idgrod Ravencrone of Hjallmarch

With a slight grin and a faint chuckle, Nero folded up the letter and placed it back into his satchel. He knew the jarl well, but was still on the fence with her invitation. The truth was, he wasn't in Hjallmarch at the time, or even Skyrim for that matter. His work had him chasing down a certain rumored werewolf near Bruma, Cyrodiil. Nero was never the party-type, but he realized winding down could be soothing every now and then. To get to Morthal, he'd have to travel northeast up through Falkreath, and from there head north. Knowing the journey wasn't the longest or most tedious trip he's taken, he loaded supplies and commenced the voyage on horseback.

After a couple hours of travel, Nero made it to Falkreath's border, overlooked by two of the hold's guards. "Stop right there traveler, only Thalmor soldiers and Legionnaires are to be let through the border for the time being. State your business, or you'd best be on your way." Following the guard's request, Nero adjusted his brimmed hat to slightly cover the red, beating eyes he loathed so much. He then pulled the letter out with a hidden look of annoyance on his face. "If proof of some wandering traveler's diplomacy is so crucial to you, then here, knock yourselves out." He handed them the note, to which they saw the Jarl's signature, proving its authenticity. "Your clear to go traveler. Just know, if any personnel see you coming from this gate and apprehend you, don't claim you weren't warned." Nero pulled the letter back to him and payed the two a completely transparent smile. "I'll take my chances."

Within minutes, he got far enough away from the border patrol and made it to Falkreath, leaving the horse at the town's entrance way. It had been raining, and the weather was colder, yet still pleasant; much more accommodating to 'individuals' such as himself. He made his way past all of the town's buildings before coming across its tavern, Deadman's Drink. Exhaustion had taken the better of him, falling victim to the inn's sweet serenade of relaxation.

He walked in, but something wasn't right. He wasn't sure if he was hallucinating, or just seeing double but across from two Khajiits sat a pair of Altmer, but not just any high elves. No, their scent was all too familiar, no master spell of illusion could mask the blood on their hands, or fangs for that matter. Maintaining self-control was never one of Nero's shining attributes, but a public place such as this was certainly not the ideal location to lose composure in. He walked to the woman behind the counter. "Let me guess, did you come here looking for a bounty placed by the Jarl? You wouldn't be the only one today." "No. But a room is sure to suffice. If you don't mind me asking, did you speak with those individuals over there any time recently." "Customer confidentiality. If the price isn't right, neither is my provided information." Nero refused to be hustled by some lowly innkeeper, lifting his hat and revealing his eyes. She knew straight away he was one of them, another vampire within her tavern. "Alright. Alright. A couple of them asked about the bounty, one came in asking about some vampire business, and the other simply asked for a drink. That's all I know." Nero pulled his hat back down and thanked her for her time. Before retreating into his rented room, he just sat and observed the group. No vampire would escape from him so easily.

Kerzechtus

Power Gamer
    Ummmmm.....

Baneloth

Donath Stonesplitter enjoyed the respect the guards gave him. He wasn't the tallest of men, nor the most intimidating but he was always willing to help those in need. His battle axe, clanked against the backplate of his steel armour as he moved. The weather was certainly chilly on this particular night, he thought to himself as he moved along. Only the guards and a few other people were out and about.

The burly Nord, spied his favorite tavern, dead mans drink. With a grin, he headed inside, happy to be out of the cold and into the warmth of the place. He made a bee-line for the bar, and once he arrived, he ordered two ales for himself. Then he noticed that the woman seemed more than a little nervous. Turning, leaning his back against the bar, he noticed two Altmer, two cats, and a grey skin. Donath frowned to himself. He was no fool, and knew when something seemed out of place. These guys were almost certainly new-comers. Taking a long draw on his first bottle, he reminded himself not to get too drunk...he might need to put his axe into action sooner rather than later.

(OOC: Hope you guys don't mind, but I invited a couple of friends to post their CC's up on the OOC thread.)

ManoloXamps the Faggot

The Titan of Ether
    Tokos thought that the altmer woman's attitude was strange-- the last time he saw an altmer happy like that was when he found out about Talos worship. He then walked over to the counter and asked "Who is that Altmer over there in the corner?" "I do not know, but she was looking for work. If you're interested, talk to her. The jarl only had one copy of that bounty letter."
    He then sits down next to the altmer woman. "So, you have a bounty letter there? May I take a look? My name's tokos."

Drahkma

Dashing Imperial Officer.
    Averain Silverblade entered the town, his red steel armour wet with the nights earlier precipitation. He tied his horse, a tall warhorse name Luther in the local stables, removing the steed's saddle, and replacing it with a woolen blanket. "Rest easy, my friend. We may stay here a while" the half Breton, half Altmer vampire raked his fingers through his hazelnut hair, and took in the wet streets and the guardsmen going about their routes. They'd given him a little trouble at the gates, but with some reasonable talking and a little help from a bag of septims, the guards had grudgingly let him inside the town of Falkreath.

The knight didn't blame them. They were only doing their jobs and Averain would have been suspicious as well if a pale skinned stranger had ridden to his gates in the middle of the night. He would have been just as happy to arrive in the day time. Over the years, he'd developed a natural resistance to the sun, and no longer feared it as so many of his blood drinking brethren. Noting an establishment that seemed to be a tavern, the vampire entered, noting a smallish, Nord warrior with a large battle ax, two Altmer, a Dunmer, and a pair of Khajiit.

Approaching the Imperial woman he gave her a gentle smile "Good evening, madame. I was wondering if any bounties had been posted, and also, I would like to purchase some wine" the woman sighed, as if she'd been asked more than once about this particular subject. She poured a goblet of wine, which he promptly paid for, and then pointed to the Altmer, who was now cornered by the Khajiit pair he'd noticed earlier. Then he noticed something else. Perhaps a scent on the air, or simply the way the Dunmer, and two Altmer looked, but they were vampires. That much was clear. The Altmer man was hooded and robed in what seemed to be Thalmor apparel. The other, female Altmer was wearing what looked like a leather coat, and form fitting clothing. The others all seemed to be wearing one form of armour or another. Averain discreetly took a seat at one of the unoccupied tables, shifting his sword, Goldbrand out of the way.

Baneloth

Donath was drunk.Well, not that drunk, but he was not completely sober. However, he didn't see any fights coming up in the near future, and figured that he could probably fight just as well drunk as he could sober. He stood from the bar stool he'd been sitting at for the past little while and ambled over to the hooded Altmer, who looked like he was watching the woman that was now surrounded by Khajiit.

Clapping the man on the shoulder, Donath said "Aye! She sure is a looker, eh, elf?" speaking in a voice that was louder than was considered polite. "Mind you, I'll take a hearty Nord woman over any pointy eared elf any night!" With that statement, he winked lewdly at the elf whose shoulder he still clung to, and grinned stupidly at him.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Salthar noticed two other vampires enter in the next half hour or so. The Altmer vampire was starting to find the situation immensely strange. Then the two Khajiit, one male, one female began speaking with the woman. So focused on the trio was Salthar that he was startled when the Nord clapped him on the shoulder. The man stank of alcohol, and by the way he swayed slightly, it was clear he was at least a little drunk. He suffered in silence throughout the man's lewd comments, and it took all the vampires' will power to not simply tear off the mans' hand. Instead, he turned slightly, and fixed the filthy Nord with a murderous stare that would have a battle hardened veteran shaking at the knees.

Aethalia

Aliah was slightly surprised when a Khajiit woman approached her. When she asked about the bounty, Aliah cringed inside. She didn't want to split the reward with anyone. She'd need all the reward if she wanted to return to Alinor someday in the near future. She noticed a hooded male high elf wearing what she could have sworn were Thalmor robes. Deciding to ignore him for now, she turned her attention back to the woman. Then another Khajiit approached, the male, who'd been in the tavern since before Aliah arrived, and sat down, introducing himself as Tokos, and offering his assistance in the hunt as well.

Briefly, she wondered whether the two were partners, a pair of thieves out to stab her in the back and claim the rewards themselves. Then she dismissed the possibility 'I must be spending too much time with the Nords...I'm even starting to think like them' instead of telling the pair to get lost, she smiled, without revealing her fangs, and said "How could I refuse?" Breifly, she wondered how they would settle a thousand septim bounty three ways, and then heard the male Khajiit ask to see the letter. She handed it over, before leaning back in her seat, watching in idle curiosity as a Dunmer, and what looked like a mix between a Breton and an Altmer. ' Hmm...all kinds of people coming in here' she mused.

Baneloth

Donath removed his hand from the robed shoulder of the elf when he turned a pair of furious, reddish gold eyes on him. 'By Talos! A vampire!' He thought to himself. The warrior was drunk, not stupid, and he quickly staggered a few steps back, holding out his hands to pacify the man before a fight broke out. Turning back to the bar he reached for his coin purse "Barkeep! More ale!" He roared, determined to keep an eye on the robed vampire from a distance. It looked like the two cats and the other elf were reaching some sort of deal. The warrior decided it would probably be best if he waited for them to conclude it before he moved in.

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    Shadari waited patiently for the woman to accept her offer of help. Then another Khajiit took a seat beside the Altmer. Worried that the other one would ruin her chance at getting a nice profit, she let her hand drift to her falchion, sheathed on her left hip. Then the Altmer woman smiled and said "How could I refuse?" and Shadari relaxed a little. Nodding at the elven woman she said " It will be a pleasure, I know it" she commented. Looking at the other Khajiit, she smiled a little, even going so far as to flick her ears forward, a sign of friendliness among their species.

She watched as more people came into the tavern, she noticed that two more of them seemed to be vampires, smelling and looking much like the woman in front of her. She thought the growing numbers of vampires to be a little worrying, she once again dropped her hand to her weapon. Looking again at her fellow Khajiit, she inquired "Have you been in Skyrim long?"

ManoloXamps the Faggot

The Titan of Ether
    Tokos didn't believe the letter when he first read it. He had taken down many bandit camps in his life, but none of them had a bounty of a thousand septims. There was definitely more to that than just hunting bandits. But he didn't want to worry about it now, he'll eventually figure it out.

When he put down the letter, he saw that Khajiit woman next to the Altmer. She did look very friendly, but Tokos wouldn't trust her right away. His trust was something hard to earn. Then she asks if he has been in Skyrim for long.

"Yes, well, my parents were caravaneers here in Skyrim, so I lived travelling throughout my young years. But one day..." Memories, memories, memories. He then drinks a large mouthful of Mead and then proceeds.
    "Look, my dear, I'm sorry, but I did just meet you, and I really don't want to talk about it."

WindWalker

Julius was miserable. His clothes were soaked, and he shivered everytime a cold breeze hit him. He stumbled towards dead mans drink, arms folded against the cold teeth chattering. He opened the door and got as clos to the ffire as possible. The flames did wonders to warm up his cold skin and dry out his clothing. then he walked up to the bar, and said "I'd like some hot cider, please" he slid five septims, the last of his savings across the bar towards the imperial lady. "Also, could you tell me about any bounties in the area?"

The woman looked at him and laughed. Julius felt his cheeks go red. He'd been in the legion, but he'd never seen any fighting. He'd killed a bandit. Once. Putting on his most determined face, Julius continued to stare at her. "By the gods, you're serious.. alright kid, if you wanna get yourself killed that badly, go talk to the high elf woman over there" he turned around to look at a pretty High elf woman, sitting with two Khajiit. Shrugging, the young imperial grabbed his cider, said thank you, and walked over to the elf lady's table. "Um. Excuse me, but do you mind if I help out with that bounty you have?"

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    Shadari watched the other Khajjit, noted that he was uncomfortable talking about his past, so she held up a hand, stopping him.'So...he has ghosts haunting him as well' she thought to herself, looking back to the other woman at the table. "Tell me when you decide to head out" with that sentence, she stood, and headed back to a different table, sitting down and ordering a bottle of mead for herself.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Salthar watched the Khajiit woman return to her table, and noticed her ordering a bottle of mead. She clearly knew how to handle herself, simply by the way she walked, and how her hand lingered near the unique weapon on her hip. Now that the vampire reflected on the situation, he was less worried and more intrigued by the situation. Ordering his own beverage, a goblet of wine, and strolling over to the Khajiits' table. He sat himself down, and said in a slightly curious tone, " I don't see many Khajiit in Skyrim these days. Least of all seasoned fighters like yourself" the vampire assumed the woman was a sword for hire, or something like that.

While he spoke to her, he kept an eye on the Altmer vampire in the corner. A young Imperial man had approached her, and seemed to be asking her something hesitantly. 'There's certainly something interesting about that woman...perhaps she's linked with the disappearances...' He resolved to speak with her after he was done with the Khajiit.

ManoloXamps the Faggot

The Titan of Ether
    Tokos watches as the other Khajiit heads to another table.
    He then looks at an Imperial that heads his way and asks if he could help with the bounty.

"Well, I myself do not mind that much. I have never seen such a large bounty on a bandit camp, so I really think this is not going to be easy. Maybe we can work things out. But she's the one that found out about the bounty first."

Tokos then stood up. "May the nine watch over you." He heads back to his table and drinking his mead.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts