OOC What Lurks in the Dark, V.2. (18+)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Aethalia

This is the new OOC for the roleplay: What Lurks in the Dark. The old OOC and IC can now be archived.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________
    Rules
    1:

Absolutely no god modding. This is giving your character unfair advantages, super powerful, un killable, etc.

2:

No one line posts. I understand that sometimes you're tired and don't know what to put, but please, try to come up with at least four lines.

3:

Try to remain active. If you have to leave the role play, please give a heads up, first, and tell me (or someone else in the RP), what you want to have happen to your character.

4:

Good grammar is imperative, it takes away from the enjoyment of the role play if your fellow RP'ers don't take the time to write and check over their posts.

5: Creativity is a must.

I can't see how I can be any more clear on this, except that it ties in with rule # 2. When creating a character, don't just put his name and one line for his back story.

6:

This is more a suggestion than a rule, but I'd appreciate it if you followed this guideline for character creation: Name/ Race/Gender/ Age/ Alignment (good,evil, neutral, combination of evil/neutral)/Class/ Weapons/ Armour/ Appearance/ Back story.

7:

You can create NPC's should you feel the need. For example: Alex walks up to the bar
    "Your finest bottle of wine, please" the bartender nods and goes to get the wine, handing it over.
    "That's ten septims, ma'am"
    8:

This will be an 18+ roleplay, which means there will be nudity, gore, and sex. That means if you're not mature, or able to hand graphic scenes, please don't join.
    9:

Swearing. No cussing each other out on the OOC, and in the role play, keep it appropriate, I don't want every second word to be a cuss.

10: No Dragonborn.

As far as we're concerned in this role play, the Dragon born lives with the Grey beards, or Dragons or something. No shouting either. None of the people in the RP will (realistically) have received any training to be able to shout.

Important

Just because you may have been in this roleplay before, does NOT mean you will be accepted into this RP. I will be PMing those I find conductive to the plot. Otherwise, please do not post a CC here, as it will NOT be accepted. I'm not accepting new members, per se, unless they make a very convincing case. Also, if you are in this RP, I'd prefer it if you weren't more than 2 other role plays.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Plot
    The year, is 316 of the Third Era. Two years earlier, the Stormcloaks forced the Empire out of Skyrim, and Ulfric claimed the title of High King. Ulfric ruled for two years with an iron fist, before several assassins murdered him in his own palace, in Windhelm. However, instead of bringing peace, this has only created a power vacuum. Warlords and Jarls prepare to wage war on one another, determined to claim the crown for themselves.​
    However, this is the least of Skyrims' problems. In the darkness of night, whole farmsteads have gone missing, taken with out a trace. Travellers are found savagely murdered on the roads. The most recent of these disappearances has occurred near Falkreath Hold. The Jarl has put a ten thousand septim bounty on the believed culprits: a group of bandits that have made their encampment in the woods outside Falkreath....​

TheArgonianDrell

Name: Bright-Scales-Glimmer.

Sex: Male

Class: Assassin

Affiliations: None

Allegiance: None

Alignment: Neutral

Afflictions: None

Appearance: Tall, roughly around six feet (5'8" exactly), with silver blue scales, that are extremely rare on an Argonian. When seen in the moonlight, or direct sunlight, his scales seem to shine. Has a band of black scales, about a hands width starting at the end of his snout, and going all the way down his back, to the tip of his tail. He has dark green, almost black eyes, and has absolutely no horns or feathers(?) on his body. His chest is scarred from several close and nasty fights with Dunmer and other contracts.

Apparel: Wears tight leather armour, and gloves, underneath a long, black overcoat, with a hood. His boots are soft soled, allowing him to move like a shadow, hardly giving himself away to his targets before it is much too late.

Weaponry: A peculiar and unique 'hook-staff'. Six feet of oak, with a sharp hook on one end, made of steel. Midway down the haft of the weapon is a metal device, that, when twisted, separates the two halves of the weapon. When separated, the lower half is revealed to be another weapon, with a more traditional, straight, double edged blade. The bottom of the staff, has a small, steel spike on it, which is used more for walking than combat.

Abilities: Lightning Grasp: An ability that he's honed over his years as an assassin. When fighting in hand to hand combat, he can call upon a destruction based form of magic, drawing lightning to his hands, that allows him to stun, if not outright kill his targets. However, he can only use this ability once per battle.

Fighting Style: Bright is comfortable fighting with the elongated version of his weapon, or the two handed, shorter version, and has mastered both forms. He acknowledges that the former version is more suited to defensive technique, rather than offensive. If the need arises, Bright is adept at hand to hand combat.

Personality: Calm, collected, and easy to get along with, in most circumstances. Although he is an assassin, he only thinks of his body as a weapon, or tool, and thus feels little to no remorse for killing his targets. 'When your sword takes a life, are you responsible, or is the blade?'

History: Born, or rather, 'hatched' in Black Marsh, Bright-Scales-Glimmer showed a natural proficiency for silent blade work. By the time he was eighteen, he was able to successfully infiltrate Dunmer fortresses, and assassinate high ranking members of their military, before slipping away once more.

However, young Bright soon began to long for a life outside of the swamps of Black Marsh, and the ash-filled deserts of Morrowwind. He headed north, to Skyrim, and took up trade as a solitary, wandering assassin. Needless to say, this gained him the attention of the Dark Brotherhood, who were none too pleased with his 'poaching' of contracts.

Bright held a disdain for the Brotherhood, as they lacked both subtlety and finesse, in his eyes. He's engaged the assassins on numerous occasions, but has made no move to end their existence. His blades are worth more than what both the Empire and Stormcloaks had offered for the extermination of the sanctuary.

After Ulfrics' forces won the war, Stormcloaks began actively hunting Bright as well, assuming (correctly) that the assassin was responsible for the deaths of several Stormcloak generals. After the death of Ulfric by a band of warriors, most of the Stormcloaks had disbanded. Bright was left to do as he pleased, for the most part. Having heard of mysterious disappearances, the Argonian assassin heads to Falkreath, searching for answers.

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    Okay, thanks for the invite, Aethalia, but why'd you want to restart?

Aethalia

(psst, double post, Shaded)

I've decide to restart because more people kept coming in, and basically changing the plot of the story, and warping it so that it no longer resembled what I had planned. Inviting people, I can control the player pool to a degree.

Plus, since I'm only going to bother with my roleplay now, I'll be keeping a very close eye on this RP, and if I see something that ruins the plot, I'll let you know. Please, please let me know if you'll be unable to stick with this. I know Baneloth and Shaded have their own RPs going, and that's fine. I also know Willow, Black, and Windwalker have school. That's also fine. As long as you post at least twice per week. I'll edit the plot of the story into my first post here in a minute.

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    I see. Makes sense too. So do you want us to re-post our CC's and stuff? Also, is this connected to Simus' Reforging an Empire rp?

Aethalia

Yes, please re-post your character cards. This is also a chance to improve on them, seeing as a lot of them were rush-jobs. (Not yours, but a few others were)

And no, this roleplay has nothing to do with reforging an empire. Simply because if we do connect this with RAE, Shadari, Aliah, and Salthar will already know each other, which isn't what I'm going for.

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    Okay, that makes sense. Kinda ruined the 'mysterious Khajiit assassin' vibe I had going when Simus sidled up to me and was like...hey there. :rolleyes:

Also, who've you invited so far?

Aethalia

Well, I've had about five people ask if they could join, (TheArgonianDrell was one of them) and i'm planning on only having two more 'new comers' join.

Just a reminder to people watching this thread. You must receive an invite via private message to post a character card up here. Which reminds me. Pick your dialogue colours, guys.

Blackwhite1223

Hey, Aethalia. Thanks for the invite. I have to leave for school in the next twelve minutes or so, but I should be able to get a refurbished CC of both Torin and Bornir up between one and two PM Eastern time.

AS88

Staff member
    (Moved the first incarnations of this RP to the Archived section. Only saw it by chance though, so feel free to PM me if you want anything else moved. I've also added a few tags for you so the thread will show up in search results)

Hi Aethalia, I'm glad you're having another go at this. If I'm right in thinking that the first incarnation of WLitD was your first roleplay, you should be impressed, and I'm glad you've learned about your style and recruiting people you believe to be suitable, etc.

I'd possibly be interested in submitting a CC, but I'm really busy at the minute. Maybe a little later, eh?

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    Yay!

Also, this colour is mine.

Blackwhite1223

I'll use this colour for Torin.

Name: Torin Greenbow

Race: Nord

Affiliation: Rangers Guild

Allegiance: Rangers Guild, the wilds of Skyrim.

Alignment: Orderly Good

Class: Ranger

Weapons: An elven dagger, and a Skyforged steel sword. Longbow that he uses as his primary weapon. Despite the rather plain appearance of the weapon, Torin can wield it with amazing skill, and hit targets that most archers would consider impossible.

Armour: Leather armour. with chain mail underneath and at the elbows, knees, and shoulders. Forest green cloak.

Appearance: 5'8", lean and muscled, average length black hair, with sky blue eyes. He has a long scar crossing his body at the chest, and a leaf shaped tattoo on his shoulder. Speaks more like Aragorn from LoTR, than a typical Nord.

Back Story: Born and raised in Riften, Torin quickly grew sick of the crime and corruption in the city. He left when he turned eighteen and hasn't looked back since. He lives in the wilds of Skyrim, protecting the innocent and fighting for good where ever his path takes him. He has a very keen sense of both hearing and sight, as he has lived in the wilds for most of his adult life. Once news of the disappearing villagers reached him, he made all speed to the nearest hold, Falkreath.
    I'll make another post for Bornir

Blackwhite1223

This colour for Bornir.

Name: Bornir Shield-arm.

Race: Nord

Class: Warrior

Allegiance: Whiterun Guards

Affiliations: Whiterun.

Weapons: Sky forged steel sword

Armour: Steel breastplate, gauntlets,and greaves,with leather tunic over a shirt of chain mail. An iron shield with a broad leather strap connected to each edge of the shield, allowing it to be slung over his shoulder when not in use. Also a wolf-fur coat that he uses in particular cold environments.

Appearance: Tall, handsome, with light brown hair that almost reaches his shoulders. A short beard of the same colour, light grey eyes, muscled from years of practicing with his sword and shield. Heavily respected by the guards and soldiers of Whiterun hold.

Backstory: Born and raised in Whiterun, he quickly became one of the best swordsmen in the city, challenging numerous travelers to battle, well into his teen years. He then joined the Whiterun guards at the age of eighteen, and worked his way through the ranks of guardsmen, fighting everything from bandits to Falmer. When we was twenty three, he killed a young dragon, and uses one of it's hollowed out horns as a war-horn. Although his family was poor, Bornir often acts like nobility, and having recently been promoted to the captain of the guard, is highly respected by the guards and people of the hold. Unfortunately, he is often too proud for his own good, and that, more often than not, leads him to conflict with others. However, he is good hearted, and cannot abide cruel and evil men, often riding days to hunt them down and bring them to justice.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    My colour will be my usual dark blue for Salthar.

Name: Salthar Vivarian.

Race: Altmer/ Vampire

Class: Sorcerer

Alignment: Orderly Evil

Allegiance: The Bloodlet Throne, Shadowfang Coven.

Affiliation: None.

Appearance: Tall, (6'2"), but lean, with muscles from his previous incarnation as a soldier in the great war, typical high elven features, high cheekbones, pale golden skin, due to his vampiric nature. Has gold-red eyes, and a scar under his left eye, with several scars on his chest and back. Long midnight black hair down to his shoulders.

Apparel: A grey elven tunic,black pants, underneath Thalmor robes that have customised red stitching, denoting his high rank along with the standard Thalmor gloves and boots. A gold ruby-ring on his right hand.

Weapons: An ebony sword with an enchantment of life absorbing. A vast repetoire of spells.

Backstory: Born on the Somerset Isles, Salthar fought in the Great war, before being assigned to Skyrim, to crushTalos heretics. There he met his wife, who turned him and his brother into vampires. After her death, Salthar came to hate the Nords with a passion, and slew them whenever he had the chance. He formed the ShadowFang coven in the Bloodlet Throne, and harbours plans to eventually rule Skyrim with an iron fist. He is contantly at war with the remnants of both the Stormcloaks and the Dawnguard, although this is all very low key, and for the most part, citizens of Skyrim are unaware of the war in the Shadows.

Recently, Salthar has noticed that villagers and townsfolk are dissapearing near his territory. Concerned by the mystery of vanishing mortals, the vampire lord heads to the gloomy town of Falkreath, determined to discern the cause behind the loss of his covens' food source.

Drahkma

Dashing Imperial Officer.
    Thanks for the invite. I'll put up Averains CC in the morning.

Drahkma

Dashing Imperial Officer.
    This colour for Averain.

Name: Averain Silverblade

Race: Altmer-Breton hybrid. Vampire

Sex: Male

Class: Knight

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Allegiance: None

Affiliations: None

Appearance: About 5'8", muscled, has a scar under his left eye, medium length hazelnut brown hair. Dozens of smaller scars all over his body (from his training as a knight). Almost elven facial features, as a result of his Altmer mothers genes.

Armour: Steel plate armour, painted red. Has no helmet.

Weapons: A Dwarven longsword called 'Goldbrand'.

Backstory: Born and raised in the city of Kings' Guard, High Rock. His father was a Breton, and his mother an Altmer. When he was still a child, his father began training Averain as a squire, to serve High Rock nobility. The boy learned quickly, becoming proficient at both the sword and combat on horseback. However, his father despised Altmer, and both his wife, and Averain, for sharing her facial features.

The man was prone to drunken rages, and beating both his wife and son several times per night. Averain left to fight in the wars, fighting for a noble house in the north of High Rock. He was gone for seven long years, and when he returned, he was a vampire. The first thing he did upon his return, was to beat his father to within an inch of his life, and then toss him off his family estates highest tower.

He gave his mother all the coin he'd made fighting in the war, although he was forced to flee, as his fathers friends saw him as both a kin-slayer and monster. He journeyed to Skyrim, and became a blade for hire, fighting for the Empire, until their defeat in 3E 314. Then he became a wandering knight, clinging to his honour and integrity, despite his lust for blood.

Well, hope you like it. Now, I just got home from work a couple of hours ago, so I'm going to bed now.:sleepyface:

Aethalia

Name: Aliah Stormwind

Race: Altmer, vampire

Allegiance: none

Alignment: Neutral evil

Personality: Distant, but not unkind.

Appearance: Just under six feet (5'8"), Aliah has gold-red eyes, pale gold skin, the high cheekbones and slanted eyes of most Mer. She has long, arterial blood coloured hair, and several long scars along her back and legs.

Armour: A long , black leather trenchcoat, with leather pants, and a silk shirt. (Think Selene, from underworld)

Weapons: A pair of ebony swords.

Backstory: Once Aldmeri nobility, Aliah was attacked by a vampire, turning into one herself, three days later. She was shunned by other nobles, and eventually decided to sail to Skyrim and help her kinsmen put down the illegal worship of Talos. She also met her lover, Dalamir there and served in and around the Thalmor Embassy. After the Empire was defeated, the Nords stormed the embassy, and Dalamir, along with dozens of elite Thalmor soldiers sacrificed their lives defending it.

Aliah escaped, although not before suffering humiliation at the hands of her Nord captors, that had taken her and two other Altmer on the road. After that particular incident, Aliah faded into the background of Skyrim, narrowly avoiding capture on many occasions. After Ulfric's death, security became less strict in Skyrim, and Aliah made her way to Falkreath, tired of all the death and destruction that had occurred in the last decade.

This purple for Aliah.

willowwisp

Hey, guys. Sooo restart, huh?

Name: Elizabeth Alicius

Race: Imperial

Class: Healer

Weapons: A glass dagger given to her by her grand father.

Armour: Tan colored robes. Clothes of Imperial nobility underneath.

Appearance: Diminutive, with dark brown hair and blue eyes, Elizabeth is only 5'3", and is fairly thin as well. She's relatively unmarked, showing that she's fairly new to the world of violence and adventure.

Backstory: Born in the Imperial city of Cyrodiil, Elizabeth grew up under an abusive father and a mother that was fairly distant. Once she turned eighteen, she joined the temple of Arkay, learning how to embalm bodies properly, and more importantly, healing magic. Unfortunately, her skills are less than impressive. Still, she's left Cyrodiil, excited to see the world and make new friends. She has no idea what she's walking into.

This is Elizabeths' colour.

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    Name: Shadari

Sex: Female

Race: Khajiit

Class: Assassin

Appearance: About five and a half feet tall (5'4"), the colour of her fur is dark grey, almost black, with lighter fur at the top of her ears and the tip of her tail. Her emerald green eyes are rather expressive, able to make her seem like the most lovable person in the world, or the most dangerous.

Armour: Dark grey, like her fur, the armour is molded to her body almost like a second skin. It is designed not to absorb heavy blows, from a mace, or hammer, but rather to deflect slashes and stabs of her opponents. The only place where the armour can actually take a serious blow is the shoulders, where the armour is slightly ridged, and slightly thicker. Due to the quick movements required by the armour, Shadari wears absolutely nothing under it, believing,(correctly), that any garments under the armour would simply slow her down.

Weapons: A falchion, made out of steel and moonstone, passed down through her clan for over two hundred years. The blade is about two fingers wide, from edge to edge, and a metre long. It has a slashing edge on one side, and is blunt on the other, with a stabbing point, unlike a scimitar. Also, she has six throwing knives in concealed sheathes on her belt, made from steel, and incredibly light weight. Excels in hand to hand combat.

Personality: Shadari likes to play the part of the flirt, but deep down, she doesn't give a damn about others. She will do everything in her power to get her revenge. However, she does have a soft spot for younger people, especially girls, as they remind her of her sisters. Believes that emotions are weakness, and does everything she can to keep them hidden very deep down. Does not like magic users of any kind, seeing them as too weak to use their other attributes to get the job done.

Backstory: Shadari was born in northern Elsweyr, into a clan of Khajiit assassins that killed not for gold, but honour. Due to this, they were widely accepted in the Khajiit homeland, and fought with other Khajiit clans against the Bosmer. Shadari was part of a eight cub litter, and like her sisters, was trained as an assassin by her mother. Her brothers were trained similarly, although with more of a warrior undertone.

One day, a powerful mage, by the name of Jorn BlackStone entered the clan homestead, and offered an enormous amount of gold to kill several important nobles. He was refused, and flew into a rage. Weeks later, on Shadari's seventeenth birthday, Jorn returned, and summoned a horde of Daedra, that wiped out every last member of the clan. To her knowledge, only Shadari was spared, by the dumb luck of having been out on a hunt when the demons attacked.

Returning to her home to be met with the scene of carnage, the Khajiit assassin swore vengeance on the sorcerer. She tracked him from Elsweyr to Skyrim, and has learned that recently, the man sided with Ulfric Stormcloak. After the mans' assassination, Shadaris' target vanished into the shadows once again, and Shadari decided to make one more stop before leaving Skyrim. Falkreath.

I'll be using this colour for Shadari

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts