What is your personal favourite type of weapon?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

trunkynugget

Personally, I've always been an archer guy regardless of the game I'm playing, so I'd say bows are my favourite type of weapons (Although I don't use them all the time due to limited arrows). What is your favourite type of weapon from this game? Doesn't have to be the one you find the most effective, just the one you enjoy using the most.

Nephor The Shadow Stalker

Strike swiftly and silently.
A personal favorite combo is Dawn Breaker and Auriel's Shield. I just love wrecking the Dragur, vampires and their revived servants. :D I also enjoy the bound weapons very much as well as dual wielding makes you attacks faster than lightning and minimal stamina drain. :D

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

JRMoosePaul

Stormcloak Warrior
I generally like battle axes like Wuuthrad or something I crafted. If not that a sword and shield will do just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trunkynugget

I generally like battle axes like Wuuthrad or something I crafted. If not that a sword and shield will do just fine.

Battle Axes are definitely fun too. They look and feel so powerful, and it really gives you a rush of all-out power when fighting with them.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
I am up in the air between unarmed or daggers. Both builds just make you have to keep aware of how you are fighting, and its fun working out how to maximize damage.

JRMoosePaul

Stormcloak Warrior
I am up in the air between unarmed or daggers. Both builds just make you have to keep aware of how you are fighting, and its fun working out how to maximize damage.

Whenever I get bored with Skyrim I rejuvenate myself by slaughtering everyone as a Khajiit with my bare hands :)

trunkynugget

I never considered that as an option, haha! I gotta try out the bare fists strats next time I play, it sounds a lot more... involved. Should be a lot of fun!

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
It is pretty involved. But long story short its Heavy Armor (Fists of Steel Perk), Enchanting, Khajiit or Argonian (Only 2 base damage difference between them), A particular set of gloves to disenchant as the base things to focus on/ get.

Ancano

High Justiciar
Weapons can be taken from you. I put a premium on practical arcane knowledge in schools which lend themselves to related areas of defensive and offensive abilities with really good perk synergy.

Nephor The Shadow Stalker

Strike swiftly and silently.
How about shooter games? Anyone play Borderlands? I've been obsessing over for the past 3 weeks switching characters and found my best to be Salvador. I personally love the shotguns and pistols in this game. I love the run n gun style with both and dual wielding is icing on the cake. Especially with one of each. :D

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

JRMoosePaul

Stormcloak Warrior
Weapons can be taken from you. I put a premium on practical arcane knowledge in schools which lend themselves to related areas of defensive and offensive abilities with really good perk synergy.

Magic if for the weak

Ancano

High Justiciar

Magic if for the weak

What is the Riddle of Steel?

"Steel isn't strong, boy. Flesh is stronger. Look around you." ... "That is strength, boy. That is power: the strength and power of flesh. What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?"

Meaning physical weapons are 'engineered' from knowledge or crafted based on one's beliefs. ie "The pen is truly mightier than the sword'

Last edited:

JRMoosePaul

Stormcloak Warrior
What good is a riddle when you can have a weapon? And if weapons come from knowledge, how is magic better if it’s also based on intelligence?

Ancano

High Justiciar
What good is a riddle when you can have a weapon? And if weapons come from knowledge, how is magic better if it’s also based on intelligence?

When you was in Skyrim, did you ever get into the Dark Brotherhood quests any? I did. Not by choice however by chance.

They're very interesting, although some more than others which brings me to the wedding in Solitude. There are so many ways to finish that quest, even though the target is at the center of the reception, surrounded by heavily armed guards in a palace behind thick doors and walls.

Eliminated the Target(s) in (1) blow without using Destruction magic or any Physical Weapons on myself.

Latest posts