• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.
For the second time, a child, this time Francois, goes NUTS on me. He is relentless with the way he initiates dialogue and follows me around. He doesn't do chores or go outside or go to bed when I tell him to. He says ok, then he just stands there and initiates dialogue again. This happened to me with another character who adopted Blaise.

It seems like there's something going on that maybe can be fixed, since it's now happened twice. I've run through all the dialogue, given him allowances, toys, food, and gifts. It does no good.

ColleenG

Maybe he has the glitch Farkas and Vilkas have, where if you have a bounty in any hold they act like guards.

Good idea. Maybe I'll go around paying off all my bounties. :-)

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
What is this the Sims or Skyrim? Ok I have done everything in skyrim except Hearthfire, I see it pointless getting a family considering that my character is a Necro-Lich, the only kid in the game I would even think about adopting is aventus arentino for obvious reasons, only he can not be adopted

Nighthiker77

For the second time, a child, this time Francois, goes NUTS on me. He is relentless with the way he initiates dialogue and follows me around. He doesn't do chores or go outside or go to bed when I tell him to. He says ok, then he just stands there and initiates dialogue again.

I've run through all the dialogue, given him allowances, toys, food, and gifts. It does no good.

Sounds about right. Welcome to parenthood!

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
Every time I come home and they ask me if I got them a present, I say yes, and look in my inventory and most times it's empty of things to give to them.. So I have to pull out of the dialogue and they are like "aww...":sadface:. I felt kind of bad. So one day Sophia came up to me and asked for an allowance and I gave her 1000 gold. She went nuts!

tx12001

Every time I come home and they ask me if I got them a present, I say yes, and look in my inventory and most times it's empty of things to give to them.. So I have to pull out of the dialogue and they are like "aww...":sadface:. I felt kind of bad. So one day Sophia came up to me and asked for an allowance and I gave her 1000 gold. She went nuts!
wait what?pu can do that in hearthfire but you cant adopt aventus Aretino? infact does anyone know of a way in the CK to make him adoptable?

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
wait what?pu can do that in hearthfire but you cant adopt aventus Aretino? infact does anyone know of a way in the CK to make him adoptable?

He does not go back to the orphanage, even though his dialogue says so. From what I have read, unless you have a mod of some sort, then he is not able to be adopted. Sorry TX

tx12001

He does not go back to the orphanage, even though his dialogue says so. From what I have read, unless you have a mod of some sort, then he is not able to be adopted. Sorry TX
that's the point ShadowKitty I am a modder but I do not know which keywords or factions that a child must be in to be adoptable, if I know I will addt to my Dynamic Skyrim mod on steam

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows

that's the point ShadowKitty I am a modder but I do not know which keywords or factions that a child must be in to be adoptable, if I know I will addt to my Dynamic Skyrim mod on steam

Ah ok.. yeah I have no idea..lol.:)

seeker23

Looking for the Snitch in Skyrim...

Did you check out UESP? I quoted the following factions from Lucia's Page. No idea if it would work or if they are related to your problem or if the solutions in it.
BYOHDisallowGamesFaction;
BYOHRelationshipAdoptableFaction;
BYOHUrchin_LuciaJobFaction;
FavorJobsBeggarsFaction;
TownWhiterunFaction;
CrimeFactionWhiterun;
Whiterun Bannered Mare Faction
If you had already checked this then sorry if I sounded like a know-it-all moron.

ColleenG

You can build an awesome house via hearthfire, that has it all--smelter, smithing equipment, a stable, a horse, a bard, an on-call steward/follower, a carriage that takes you to a whole lot of places, AND MORE! I love my house at Lakeview manor. I used the addition options to create a second-floor. 3-sided wraparound porch. I guess kids just round out the scene. I like having all these people around me. I'm like Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz when I go on my quests.

tx12001

You can build an awesome house via hearthfire, that has it all--smelter, smithing equipment, a stable, a horse, a bard, an on-call steward/follower, a carriage that takes you to a whole lot of places, AND MORE! I love my house at Lakeview manor. I used the addition options to create a second-floor. 3-sided wraparound porch. I guess kids just round out the scene. I like having all these people around me. I'm like Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz when I go on my quests.
I know about that, I thought it was a mod or something

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows

I have heaps of people at my Lakeview manor as well. Two kids, Husband Marcurio, Lydia the steward, a bard who plays lovely instrumental lute, the carriage driver, chickens, a cow, a husky, a horse and the skeever. lol. Then me and Annekke whenever we drop by.

I am glad my other homes have no-one there but the stewards though. It's nice to have some quite at times.

Rimfaxe96

Maybe it's not you that troubles the kids, but your wife or housecarl... :eek:

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts