What is the better build - Paladin or Battlemage?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Winstonius

Hello members,

This is my fist play-through of Skyrim, and the Elder Scrolls series in general. I absolutely love this game. While learning more about this game, I've been careful to develop my character. The two builds that would suit me best are the Paladin and the Battlemage, but its still early developing my character and I'm not sure which direction to go.

I have 12 perks to spend. These are my current stats and perks:

Level: 21
Magicka: 160
Health: 170
Stamina: 170

One-Handed
Armsman 3
Fighting Stance

Block
Shield Wall 1
Deflect Arrows

Smithing
Steel

Restoration
Novice Restoration

Any suggestions on where to go from here? Thank you, I appreciate your help.

Well, battlemage uses armor and magic, paladin/spellsword uses magic and 1-handed, so it depends on if you use a real weapon and magic, or just magic. It also depends on where you specialize in on the side. All up to you.

Neriad13

Premium Member
Choose what you think is the most fun fighting style. That's what great about Skyrim - you can be just about anything your heart desires and still be a viable character. And if you don't like your build, you can always make another character.

SkinnedLikeScum

Dragon Slayer
Sword + Shield + Heavy Armor = Paladin all the way, just for adding the spell school restoration does not make you a battlemage. A battle mage would typically be one-handed Heavy Armor, and rounded off in other spell schools such as destruction also restoration being the biggest two. Would make up for no shield with restoration at hand, and stamina loss for dual wielding with heavy armor (/w out conditioning perk) with more damage output from destruction spell.

Hargood

Defender of Helpless Kittens
Both are pretty fun. But I always Say "Do what you want". You will be smackin anyone around eventually no matter how you play it, but if you play as you like then you have a character you love to smack people around as.

I do want to add...ugh Im gonna get all geeky... a "Battlemage" isn't really a Heavy Armored Spell thrower. It really is a Weapon welding Magic User. Now a "Spellsword" is more of a Melee Combat Spell user that has Heavy Armor.. Just say'n. I got geeky on it because I see it so much.

See?: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Classes
Not that the Term "Battlemage" makes any less since as people say it. It should be a Heavy Armor Class imo

Tiger_Wolff

whats missing in the restoration tree, is holy damage or, divine damage. Call it what you like. Then one could make a true paladin.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts