What is the best 'Animal/Pet' Follower?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Which is the best follower?

• Vigilance

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeko

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Volkihar Death Hound

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Dawnguard Husky

• Steadfast Dwarven Spider

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Steadfast Dwarven Sphere

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Riekling

• Total voters

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
Which Pet/Animal follower do you think is the best?

Pet followers are followers you can have in addition to ordinary NPC followers like Lydia.

I think the Steadfast Dwarven Sphere is the toughest, it does a lot of damage, has a powerful ranged attack and levels up to 30, the highest level of all pet followers.
I think the Riekling is great though, it also has a ranged attack and it's the only pet follower that will carry your stuff.
I use dogs a lot though, just for RP purposes.

Smarty

I like Bran from dawnguard quite a bit. But I agree, he is inferior to the riekling and dwarven followers.

reddeadfriend

freelance assassin
are most of these from dlc's? cuz i havent heard of most of these

reddeadfriend

freelance assassin
The Huskies, Death Hounds, and dwarven followers are from dawnguard. The riekling is from dragonborn.
oh ok, i have drangonborn but not dawnguard,

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
The Huskies, Death Hounds, and dwarven followers are from dawnguard. The riekling is from dragonborn.
Dwarven followers are from Dragonborn in Kagrumez in the Dwarven Trials.

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
I'd like the Death Hounds but for some reason they are stuck at level 5 and don't level with the player like other followers, so they're pretty much useless. They could be very good with their frost damage bites if they levelled.

Zolo-Shea

Lizard Wizard
CuSith (one of the Volkihar Death Hounds) and I have had some capers together, though I'm quite interested to see the other choices on your chart. I was unaware that a Riekling can join my crew. CuSith is the one that complements my vampire setup the best, and though I don't usually bring pets along, sometimes I just can't say no to that cute little face of his. Or, at least I think it's a "he." Whatever. C'mon, CuSith! Here, boy!

Smarty

Dwarven followers are from Dragonborn in Kagrumez in the Dwarven Trials.

Yeah, you posted this while I was typing in my correction. You couldn't give me just a few more seconds? I hate being wrong :mad:, lol.

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
CuSith (one of the Volkihar Death Hounds) and I have had some capers together, though I'm quite interested to see the other choices on your chart. I was unaware that a Riekling can join my crew. CuSith is the one that complements my vampire setup the best, and though I don't usually bring pets along, sometimes I just can't say no to that cute little face of his. Or, at least I think it's a "he." Whatever. C'mon, CuSith! Here, boy!
Do you find that he is really weak and dies a lot? the Death Hounds are technically the weakest followers because they don't level and are stuck at level 5. They look really cool though.

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
Lets not forget barbas! the invincible dog!
Barbas is a temporary follower, that's why he's not included. (yeah I know you can just not complete the quest).

Valin Oakthorn

Vagabond Extraordinaire
I like barbas, Ever since he said the thing about dragons and cat men i knew clauvius vile would never get him for he was mine

Zolo-Shea

Lizard Wizard
Do you find that he is really weak and dies a lot? the Death Hounds are technically the weakest followers because they don't level and are stuck at level 5. They look really cool though.

Well yeah, even though we've had some adventures, CuSith never really accomplished a goddamn thing. No, he's more for looking badass (and making me look badass by association.) Especially when rolling through town, i've got my Royal Vampire Armor on, and he's got his... death hound thing going on. He's all about turning heads and nothing to do with killing enemies (that's MY job.)

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
Well yeah, even though we've had some adventures, CuSith never really accomplished a goddamn thing. No, he's more for looking badass (and making me look badass by association.) Especially when rolling through town, i've got my Royal Vampire Armor on, and he's got his... death hound thing going on. He's all about turning heads and nothing to do with killing enemies (that's MY job.)
CuSith + Shadowmere would be a pretty cool combo especially for a Vampire, I like it :cool:

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Nothing compares to my little pet in Oblivion.

Daedroth_(Oblivion).jpg

I call him Bruno.

Ru;indil

Mage Lord of Skywatch

Daedroth_(Oblivion).jpg

I call him Bruno.

I'd rather have a Xivilai as a follower xD. Nobody beats them (except Liches) !

Anyways , I vote for Riekling. Even though I don't have Dragonborn , I have read about them on UESP.

Smarty

Daedroth_(Oblivion).jpg

I call him Bruno.

Yea, they were my favorite summon, a shame they couldn't get through doorways. I really wish they would have been included in Skyrim. Nothing beats the Daedroth when it comes to the "fear" factor.

Valin Oakthorn

Vagabond Extraordinaire
Yea, they were my favorite summon, a shame they couldn't get through doorways. I really wish they would have been included in Skyrim. Nothing beats the Daedroth when it comes to the "fear" factor.
In skyrim when you have a follower, your the one who cant get through doorways. :p

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts