• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
I noticed several times while going through the merchants' lists in Raven Rock (like Glover) that Stalhrim and Ebony are almost equal in damage-wise. Upgraded, Stalhrim weapons do a lot of damage; but so do Ebony. They are very closely matched.

I haven't gotten my paws on any good Stalhrim armor (Do they even give you the option for Heavy Stalhrim armor?) so I don't know how close the armor is stat-wise yet. What do you guys think: Ebony or Stalhrim?

Saozig

Hippy
Yes, there is heavy and light Stalhirm armor. Prior to any improvement, the heavy is slightly better than ebony armor and the light is a notch better than glass armor, in terms of armor rating.

As for stalhrim versus ebony weapons, I too noticed no difference in damage rating (pre-improvement) but some of the stalhrim item are slightly lighter. I don't know what they are like after improvement.

llhypnotikll

Xbox Gamertag: llHyPNoTiKll
Didn't the guy in Skall village say something about if you put frost enchantments on Stalhrim gear... it would give it a big boost or something. If that's the case then I vote Stalhrim over Ebony.... I vote Stalhrim over any armor lol

Saozig

Hippy
yes, frost enchantment are more powerful on stalhrim than ay other armor/weapon. If you use those, definitely go with stalhrim.

I personally think my Dark Elf looks like an angry, powder-blue insect in the Deathbrand stalhrim armor so until I can get the ebony smithing perk and make stalhrim armor worth the goofy look, I'm keeping her in the carved Nordic armor (which makes her look like a silver and black bear doing the cha-cha when she runs, but it's better than the angry insect thing).

Ned

Nerevarine
I'm pretty disappointed with Stalhrim in Skyrim. It should be equal or better than dragonbone. In Morrowind, there was a stalhrim mace that was ridiculously strong. I'm sad that the best is still dragonbone. It's so ugly.

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
I haven't even had the chance to test out Dragonbone weapons yet. I am trying to increase my smithing but have been too busy with Dragonborn lol :D My goal right now is to at least reach 80 and unlock Ebony/Stalhrim crafting.

Falmer19

I'm pretty sure Heavy Stalhrim armor is Equal to Dragonbone but lighter. I think the weapons are only as strong as Ebony

Saozig

Hippy
I got the ebony perk tonight and have my dark Elf and his follow, Talvas Fathryon, running around Skyrim finishing up favors now in matching sets of Stalhrim light armor, plus some Stalhrim weapons. There's something just not right about that armor for walking around Riften. I'm surprised they didn't add audio files for the guards to react to your new shiny neon sky blue armor. I don't know if I can get over how I just don't like the look of it. At least the Stalhrim swords I made are effective for dual wielding. 66 damage each after improving them, plus enchantments. Hell yeah.

And I've noticed that no NPCs in the game so far wears Stalhrim as default armor. Hmmm.

I was wondering if anyone knew if the sources of Stalhrim ever respawn? I used up half of my dark Elf's collected Stalhrim improving armor and making weapons.

Falmer19

I don't think they respawn, just on a basis of that it is a coffin so it respawning would be strange. But I do agree with you on that the armor just doesn't fit anywhere else but Solstheim.

Adam Warlock

I don't think they respawn, just on a basis of that it is a coffin so it respawning would be strange. But I do agree with you on that the armor just doesn't fit anywhere else but Solstheim.
The stalhrim-loaded coffins located on a tiny island inhabited with horkers (north-northwest of Northshore Landing) do respawn as does the leveled enchanted weapon found there

the coffins in Red Rock mine and at Gyldenhul Barrow have not respawned for me thus far.

i have not progressed to the point of finding a new source of stalhrim from the Skaal village blacksmith

Adam Warlock

Both Glover Mallory and the blacksmith at Thirsk Mead Hall(if u sided with nords and gave him 10 stalhrim/15 ebony per favor quest) will sell stalhrim armor and weapons( random pieces, some are enchanted, inventory resets after a couple of days).
Neither will sell stalhrim however so if you want to temper your gear you have to mine the necessary material

I now have complete heavy and light sets (except heavy shield) and every weapon except a dagger even tho i can`t make the stuff on my own yet.

tempering either set with Peerless Smithing gear and a Blacksmith`s Elixir results in top-quality protection. Dragon and Daedric still stronger but not by much

My Stalhrim bow with frost + chaos magic enchants is a truly overpowered weapon and i have put it on a plaque for display because it makes fights too easy

Lady Imp

Rabid Wolverine
I got the ebony perk tonight and have my dark Elf and his follow, Talvas Fathryon, running around Skyrim finishing up favors now in matching sets of Stalhrim light armor, plus some Stalhrim weapons. There's something just not right about that armor for walking around Riften. I'm surprised they didn't add audio files for the guards to react to your new shiny neon sky blue armor. I don't know if I can get over how I just don't like the look of it. At least the Stalhrim swords I made are effective for dual wielding. 66 damage each after improving them, plus enchantments. Hell yeah.

Hehe my Imperial looks like she's going to a ball, with her pretty sky blue and fur getup she looks so cute. :)

I was using full Ebony before, I'm not really seeing much of an improvement...numbers-wise, it is better than Ebony and also has the advantage of light vs heavy armour I noticed...although for some reason the light armour has a higher rating, which I find odd, but whatever it's cool.
Sent from my SPH-M910 using Tapatalk 2

Ned

Nerevarine
The light version looks much better on males. The little skirt on the heavy version is a bit high and shows too much quilted thighs, for me.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts