What I understand up till now

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
So TESO takes place before Tiber Septim says "LOL, U MAD BITCHES!"

The Aldmeri Dominion for some reason is being the Good Guy and try to stop Molag Bal from doing whatever the fluff he wants to do.

The Daggerfall just want to take the Throne

The Ebonheart just want to beat the Empire

This is the first AD, and have nothing to do with the ones in Skyrim. There are no Thalmor, and obviously, they aren't concerned with Talos Worship. I'm starting AD because I want to explore Valenwood, and Elsweyr. That's pretty much my whole reasoning.

Ru;indil

Mage Lord of Skywatch
This is the first AD, and have nothing to do with the ones in Skyrim. There are no Thalmor, and obviously, they aren't concerned with Talos Worship. I'm starting AD because I want to explore Valenwood, and Elsweyr. That's pretty much my whole reasoning.

Now you should also tell this to King :l. He disagrees with this fact :sadface:.

Lady Imp

Rabid Wolverine
I will not lie, I'm all "eek" over joining the AD. I just feel....dirty doing it. I know this is LONG before the Thalmor and long before their current political agenda....but it just feels so wrong.

...but maybe wrong in a good way. Like eating a dozen Krispy Kremes at 3 in the morning. ;)

Epic Keith

I will not lie, I'm all "eek" over joining the AD. I just feel....dirty doing it. I know this is LONG before the Thalmor and long before their current political agenda....but it just feels so wrong.

...but maybe wrong in a good way. Like eating a dozen Krispy Kremes at 3 in the morning. ;)

Mmmmm Krispy Kremes!
Dont worry, The AD is awesome!!! They are the good guys here! :D

Lincoln was a Liberal Republican. The Thalmor were not the AD in Skyrim, they were Part of the AD. Whatever, believe what you want to believe, I can't stop you.

Lady Imp

Rabid Wolverine
Lincoln was a Liberal Republican. The Thalmor were not the AD in Skyrim, they were Part of the AD. Whatever, believe what you want to believe, I can't stop you.
Would it not be reasonable to believe, though, that their actions are congruent with the beliefs and wishes of the AD in the 4th Era? Given their cohesion in thought and their unification in their cause? I'm not naive enough to think that all Thalmor are the same, and I do also know that hundreds of years of social evolution has gotten us to this point, but I have a tough time thinking that the branch of the AD in Skyrim has a different branch of collective thought than their leaders back home.

Sent when I should probably be working instead...

Would it not be reasonable to believe, though, that their actions are congruent with the beliefs and wishes of the AD in the 4th Era? Given their cohesion in thought and their unification in their cause? I'm not naive enough to think that all Thalmor are the same, and I do also know that hundreds of years of social evolution has gotten us to this point, but I have a tough time thinking that the branch of the AD in Skyrim has a different branch of collective thought than their leaders back home.

Societies change, a lot over Centuries. Do you equate modern Germany with the Nazis with the Prussian Empire? Of course not, one was a Monarchy, another a Totalitarian army bent on global Domination, and eugenic purity, the last a member state of a continental economic alliance. That's just 3 centuries apart, while the Aldmeri Dominions are separated by almost a thousand years. In this game, Talos hasn't even been born yet, and he literally changed the world for everyone. They share pretty much nothing except for rough geographic area, and the name.

Lady Imp

Rabid Wolverine
Societies change, a lot over Centuries. Do you equate modern Germany with the Nazis with the Prussian Empire? Of course not, one was a Monarchy, another a Totalitarian army bent on global Domination, and eugenic purity, the last a member state of a continental economic alliance. That's just 3 centuries apart, while the Aldmeri Dominions are separated by almost a thousand years. In this game, Talos hasn't even been born yet, and he literally changed the world for everyone. They share pretty much nothing except for rough geographic area, and the name.
Now that I look back, I realise I misunderstood your post. I thought you were referring to the AD in Skyrim as part of the current 4th Era AD. What you do say makes sense, and reiterates what I said about societies evolving. I guess the issue some users are facing is that we're dealing with the AD now, in our virtual lives. We see and experience their oppression and have negative feelings towards it. This leads to negative stereotypes and bad tastes about those who came before, and those with no involvement whatsoever, sad as it is. I'm not justifying the prejudice, but the best way to overcome it is to acknowledge its existence and one's issues over it. So I guess this has all been a post of self-discovery...cause it's way more interesting than the trig ratios I'm supposed to be paying attention to ATM ;)

So TESO takes place before Tiber Septim says "LOL, U MAD BITCHES!"

The Aldmeri Dominion for some reason is being the Good Guy and try to stop Molag Bal from doing whatever the fluff he wants to do.

The Daggerfall just want to take the Throne

The Ebonheart just want to beat the Empire
Actually, the EP is trying to not let the Empire rejoin an conquer their homelands, again. At least, that's how I understand it. The Ad see their chance to rightfully rule, again. Or should I say we? {Looks down nose.}

Epic Keith

Actually, the EP is trying to not let the Empire rejoin an conquer their homelands, again. At least, that's how I understand it. The Ad see their chance to rightfully rule, again. Or should I say we? {Looks down nose.}

The AD want to fight back Molag Bal, be rightful rulers and teach man how to rule, and also to take revenge on something the Imperials did to Queen Ayrenn

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts