Spoiler What happens to Ralof?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Monopoly

Gypsy Panther
This isn't really important to the story or anything, but it bothered me a little.

When you finish the Civil War quests for the Imperials, Hadvar shows up at the inn in Riverwood, and he stays there forever.
But what happens to Ralof when you finish the war for the Stormcloaks? I haven't found him anywhere. You'd think that he'd go back to Riverwood too (as he's from there) or at least lounge around in Windhelm.
Has anyone seen him after winning the war?

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
He disappears forever in the game if you side with the imperials... maybe he died? Who knows. Anyhow why does it bother you if you side with the imperials anyways? Ralof is your enemy so you should careless where hes at... or if hes even alive for that matters.

Oh and why should he return to Riverwood when the location is surrounded by imperials soldiers? Same with Windhelm, since it's no longer a safe haven for stormcloaks. Going to either location would be like committing suicide.

Arn Magnus

It's still a bit strange though that you don't encounter either ralof or hadvar ( depending who you choose) again in the game, especially after the dialogue between the two right before you have to escape. It would even make sense to fight them during the escape as you take the same route either way.

Just because you go with one of these guys at the start doesn't necessarily mean that you have "sided" with either the stormcloaks or the imperials, especially if you don't follow that questline. In my first playthrough I didn't even realise you could choose between them, I was too busy running away from the dragon. Luckily i followed ralof which worked out fine for me as It's what I would of picked anyway.

Monopoly

Gypsy Panther
He disappears forever in the game if you side with the imperials... maybe he died? Who knows. Anyhow why does it bother you if you side with the imperials anyways? Ralof is your enemy so you should careless where hes at... or if hes even alive for that matters.

Oh and why should he return to Riverwood when the location is surrounded by imperials soldiers? Same with Windhelm, since it's no longer a safe haven for stormcloaks. Going to either location would be like committing suicide.
You misread my post I think.
I was wondering where Ralof goes when you've won the war for the Stormcloaks. Because when the Empire has won, Hadvar goes to Riverwood. So if the rebels win, where is Ralof?

Kairee Blackblade

Premium Member
I was wondering where Ralof goes when you've won the war for the Stormcloaks. Because when the Empire has won, Hadvar goes to Riverwood. So if the rebels win, where is Ralof?

After the war is over, Ralof is presumed to either be dead or in hiding. Since you sided with the Empire, you'll never see him again. If you had sided with the Stormcloaks, he would be in Riverwood and Hadvar would be missing.

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.
Ralof, being a Stormcloak, is dead, in hiding, or a prisoner of war. Hadvar, being safe in Imperial Riverwood, is there in the Sleeping Giant Inn. (Actually, he'd show up there even if you followed Ralof out of Helgen but sided Imperial instead.)

If you had joined the Stormcloaks, Hadvar is dead, in hiding, or a prisoner of war. Ralof, being safe in Stormcloak Riverwood, would be there in the inn (and would show up even if you had followed Hadvar out of Helgen).

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
I know Ralof hangs out in the Sleeping Giant Inn between missions on the Stormcloak side. I haven't finished the Stormcloak route, but I've seen him in there.

Xarnac

Yes, he stays at the Sleeping Giant Inn if the SC win the war.

Necromis

here is a question. If you choose not to do the civil war campaign/quest. Do both of them stay in riverwood or do they both disappear after a while?

Kairee Blackblade

Premium Member
here is a question. If you choose not to do the civil war campaign/quest. Do both of them stay in riverwood or do they both disappear after a while?

Well, my current character hasn't started that campaign yet and I'm on level 45 now. A few days ago I was sent by the Companions to clear an ice wrath from Gerdur's house. When I entered Ralof was there and he started whaling on the wrath. So apparently he hangs at his sister's house until you join the Stormcloaks.

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni

After the war is over, Ralof is presumed to either be dead or in hiding. Since you sided with the Empire, you'll never see him again. If you had sided with the Stormcloaks, he would be in Riverwood and Hadvar would be missing.

Honestly? The OP had just clarified that they sided with the Stormcloaks. You even quoted it! Facepalm and a half.

I'm pretty sure they both disappear, as I haven't seen either of them anywhere in Riverwood with any of my characters who didn't join the war. Now, it's possible Hadvar stays in Alvor's house and Ralof stays in Gerdur's house... I usually don't have reason to visit either place. But now I'm curious, I'll have to check this out!

Kairee Blackblade

Premium Member
Honestly? The OP had just clarified that they sided with the Stormcloaks. You even quoted it! Facepalm and a half.

Actually, he said he sided with the Empire ("because when the Empire has won, Hadvar goes to Riverwood"). That means he actually did side with the Empire, but is wondering what might have happened to good ole Ralof if he had sided with Ulfric instead. I then said that if he had sided with the Stormcloaks, Ralof would be in Riverwood and Hadvar would be the one missing. If you're gonna get nit-picky about other's answers perhaps you should read them carefully before complaining...

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
Actually, he said he sided with the Empire ("because when the Empire has won, Hadvar goes to Riverwood"). That means he actually did side with the Empire, but is wondering what might have happened to good ole Ralof if he had sided with Ulfric instead. I then said that if he had sided with the Stormcloaks, Ralof would be in Riverwood and Hadvar would be the one missing. If you're gonna get nit-picky about other's answers perhaps you should read them carefully before complaining...

Oh, really? Maybe you should take your own advice and read more carefully:

But what happens to Ralof when you finish the war for the Stormcloaks? I haven't found him anywhere. You'd think that he'd go back to Riverwood too (as he's from there) or at least lounge around in Windhelm. Has anyone seen him after winning the war?

Kairee Blackblade

Premium Member
In my defense, his post was a little wonky. What I got from it was that he did side with the Empire, but was posing a hypothetical question regarding Ralof's whereabouts had he chosen the Stormcloaks instead. I think I still answered the question. If not, allow me to clarify:

If you fight for the Empire, Hadvar retires to a quiet life in Riverwood. Ralof is AWOL and presumed to either be dead or in hiding.

If you fight for the Stormcloaks, Ralof retires to a quiet life in Riverwood. Hadvar is AWOL and presumed to either be dead or in hiding.

Clear enough?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts