What Happened In Your Game Today?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

TheDovahkin

Seen this in other forums so I thought I would bring it here. Sorry if a thread like this has already been made but I can’t find one if there is.

———————————————

In my game today I created a new character. He’s a khajiit, he was extremely poor in Elsweyr and came to Skyrim to make his fortune. His cousin R’isaad had became very rich trading with the nords. He was caught crossing the border and was taken to be executed along side the Stormcloaks. Then a dragon attacked and he and a Stormcloak named Ralof escaped. He travelled to Whiterun and warned the Jarl about the dragons.

Basically he’s been going through the main quest line and after he has completed it he will join the Thieves Guild. He will most likely then destroy the DB.

TheDovahkin

I escaped form Castle Dour Dungeon and I was just about to reach the gate when the guards killed me. But something weird happened. After the cutscene where your character dies, a guard said, “Whatever you need Dragonborn, just say the word.” And I was just like, you just put a sword through me and now your asking me if there’s anything I need?!

Anyone else feel like posting?

alceryes

Character went on a buying spree of houses and horses. Also missed 2 thaneships. Got first one, working on second.

The Wandering Khajiit

Lvl 27 Nightingale
I milked some cows, killed everyone in whiterun, and rode a few dragons.

Today I was heading west from Winterhold to do a quest not far from Dawnstar. Along the way I stumbled across a place called Frostflow Lighthouse. I thought, "oh, a lighthouse. Maybe I'll drop in for a second on my way; it looks like a nice harmless little place".

Rarely have I been so very, very wrong.

sticky runes

I tracked down the Butcher of Windhelm. Calixto forgot to wait until nightfall and showed up in the market place and tried to kill Arivanya in broad daylight in front of guards and shopkeepers and customers. All that meticulous planning he did for the previous murders, and he decides to slip up after I've carefully followed all the clues and avoided the red herring.

Grishnag

I forged a light dragon armour and a Stalrim mace for my favorite Orc Grishnag who i been playing with since this game came out i dunno how many years ago . I am not proficient in light armour but dragon scale looks much cooler than dragon bone and i am bored of being invincible .
Getting cheap level ups from light armour points is cool too .

Then i went to build two more houses with 3 wings instead of testing out my new mace and light armour. I scored the Master Architect trophy . Yay I did not even have to make furniture . Then i tested my sweet new armour on a giant camp . One giant does not hurt much , two hurt a little . Meh I was hoping to make a bigger dent in my healing potion stash .GIMME that Sweet Sweet mammoth Cheese !!!

Then i swopped to my monster hero who is a useless dumb no good Breton whose favorite hobby is hiding . He is called Prisoner . If you dont name your hero he is automatically called prisoner .
His stats and perks are all over the place and has sucky equipment , anything bigger than a mud crab or skeever and he is a big trouble unless he is a werewolf or vampire or sneaking.

Farkus wanted to cleansed of the werewolf curse . I helped him chop off a witches head . He paid me money. Did a few boring animal kill jobs in an effort to make Aela squeal about a totem of Hircine .......FAILED . Its sucks having all wolf perks but no totems . Come on Aela throw me bone for once or no marriage for you .

Vilkas then told me to go kill a giant . Whats that Vilkas ? Did you say mammoth Cheese raid ? WOOTS !!!

A blood dragon attacked me on the way . I morphed in a mighty werewolf :)........... then my game froze :sadface:

Last edited:
Today I went to Shearpoint, northeast of Whiterun, to kill a dragon for a bounty. Along with me came my follower, Kharjo, the Khajiit who offers to join you after you give him the Moon Amulet.

The dragon was easy to kill. But then as I was walking up to the word wall, this coffin in front of it opens and out pops a dragon priest called Krosis. Holy mackerel. He wasn't the worst enemy I've faced in Skyrim*, but close enough. I had a hell of a time trying to kill him. Finally I managed it, and then I noticed Kharjo had gotten killed in the process, which was a shame because I liked him.

So, now lacking a follower, I went down to the Drunken Huntsman in Whiterun to ask Jenassa to join me again (I've had her as a follower before, but sent her back to Whiterun when I felt like going it alone for a while). But Jenassa wasn't there. The last time I saw her was when she attended my wedding in Riften. I don't know if she got killed in the wilderness on the way back to Whiterun or what. But she seems to be gone. Which sucks because she's probably my favorite of all the followers I've tried so far; she has a lot of lines, her voice is pleasant to listen to, and some of the things she says are funny, cool or even philosophical ("in a mine, the poor man works to mine precious gems that only the rich man can afford"; one of my favorite lines from a character in Skyrim). I hope she'll reappear at some point.

*The worst enemy I've ever faced was the briarheart that gets raised by the hagravens down at Lost Valley Redoubt. I fought that one a week or so ago. I was at, I don't know, level 30-something, somewhere in the upper 30s, but that briarheart would kill me with just one hit every time. I finally was able to win by using a paralysis poison on him so he couldn't hit me even once.

Today I was walking up from Riften toward Windhelm, harvesting jazbay grapes and creep clusters as I went. I was on my way to find Kharjo and bring his moon amulet to him.

While I was passing a giant camp south of Kynesgrove, a dragon attacked. I'm playing a Dunmer pure mage, so I'm mainly hitting it with the sparks spell. Not that strong of a spell, but it's still early in the game and I'm not very powerful yet, and if I use a stronger spell it will drain my limited magicka faster. And anyway I had my follower Faendal to back me up with his bow and arrow, plus a flaming sword I gave to him to toughen him up in melee. On our side also are two Vigilants of Stendarr who happened to be passing by when the dragon showed up, so they jumped in as well.

The dragon takes off before too much damage was done to it. At first it looked like it might fly off and that would be the end of it, but it just went to terrorize the nearby giant camp instead. As I'm leaping over the rocky terrain trying to catch up with the dragon, I see it fighting a giant and a mammoth. Then it takes off again and comes back our way, bringing the giant and mammoth with it.

So now I've got a pissed-off giant on my hands as well as a dragon. The mammoth didn't really cause any problems, but the giant kept wanting to attack me. I conjured a flame atronach to try and keep the giant away from me.

Then at this point everything went crazy, and a SECOND dragon joined the fray. This second one was the dragon that flies around a dragon lair in the middle of the volcanic tundra south of Windhelm. You can see it from Darkwater Crossing. I forget what the place is called. But the battle had gotten too close to that place and the dragon took notice of our fight and came to join in.

So at this point it's pretty hairy. It's myself, Faendal, two Vigilants of Stendarr, a giant, a mammoth and two damn dragons. This battle is taking place at night, as well; it was dusk when the first dragon appeared, and it quickly got completely dark. So it's night, these dragons are flying around in circles, my flame atronach is tossing fireballs all over the place, I'm throwing lightning wherever it looks like an enemy is, the dragons are blasting fire and ice everywhere, and the giant is running around attacking everyone and everything. All this with the dragon theme playing made it quite the epic scene lol. You can imagine how hard it was to even keep track of what was going on and who or what was where amid all this chaos in the dark (though the campfire in the giant camp helped a little).

I had to fight both dragons while also keeping an eye on that giant as he kept wanting to get closer to me so he could attack me; despite the fact that the dragon was the one that attacked him, I seemed to be his primary target. I kept having to hit him with my shout, and so far I only have the "fus" of fus-ro-dah, so it wasn't all that effective. But it was enough to delay him while I would dodge around behind a dragon or my flame atronach so the giant would go after one of those instead.

Meanwhile I was having a heck of a time keeping my magicka up, and I periodically had to withdraw to let it replenish. I also had to use healing hands a few times on Faendal and the Vigilants to keep them going, though they were doing fairly well on their own.

Finally when the smoke cleared we had two dead dragons, a dead giant, a dead mammoth and a dead Vigilant of Stendarr. Remarkably, Faendal and one of the Vigilants survived, and we somehow managed to avoid any friendly fire incidents during all this chaos. I wished I could have recorded the battle. It was really quite impressive.

About a minute after the battle ended, Kharjo and his Khajiit caravan came strolling by on their way to Riften, barely missing their chance to take part in the battle.

Last edited:

Grishnag

Nothing too eventful , I went looking for the orphan boys because I never met them in my life and this forum reminded me of that . I found one boy at solitude scram easily but I never found the other boy at dawn star mines . Killed a spider .

I told my wife ysolda to pack up the kiddies and move to wind helm mansion, maybe city life will knock her glitchy penguin movement out of her system . Been like that since the kidnap . It's annoying .

Crusader

I bought a house called the tundra homestead, quested for new set of crusader armor, and now have a kick butt Chrysamere sword for my Companion Lydia.

Just another day in Skyrim!

obisgirl

I came back from Morthal, went to drop all my looted stuff at Isolda's house and I discovered that most of the ore and furs I had collected were gone. I already own the house, this should not have happened, so I suspect Isolde has been going through my stuff and adding it to her 'store inventory' to sell.

Drewski

Relaxing on Revis Island, with Revis and Holmes :(
Emma is not long out of Helgen. After her escape, she decided she wanted to be something she'd heard of, and liked the name of, a Battlemage. Unfortunately, Emma doesn't really know what a Battlemage is. She thinks it's something to do with making iron daggers, enchanting them and well, that's about all she knows. After a rude wizard in Whiteun kept telling her off for using his enchanting table, and not fetching some old stone for him, she decided to leave for Windhelm.

After fending off many wolves, and running away from some Spiders, Emma arrived in Windhelm extremely diseased. She has a unique talent among Skyrim folk, in that Wolves only have to glare at her, and she immediately comes down with Rockjoint. Fortunately, this does not impair her ability to run away. After spending a large amount of money on an cure disease potion, Emma cheerfully left Windhelm to explore a bit.

She made it about 150 yds past the stables, where 2 wolves glared at her at the same time, and she immediately fell ill again and had to run back to Windhelm. All her remaining money went on a new dress and TWO cure disease potions this time [a ha she's learning], so she asked the Blacksmith if he needed any chores doing. He asked her to fetch a sword from a cave. So off she went again, nice new dress and shiny dagger , with the Blacksmith sadly shaking his head behind her.

Arriving at the cave, she found it full of hostile mages, so she used her `Voice of the Emperor's Daughter, who's rather clueless but quite charming` on them, which gave her time to offer to teach them how to make Iron Daggers and enchant them, in exchange for the sword. They said they already knew how to do that, and would rather keep the sword thank you, and started to shoot spells at her.

So Emma ran, this time all the way to Solitude, not even stopping to let any Wolves glare at her. By pure chance, she has met an Old Mercenary at the Inn, who says he will teach her to become a REAL Battlemage, and accompany her in her travels, if she gives him 500 gold. She doesn't have 500 gold, but will leave in the morning to find it. She feels he's her real chance to learn to be a proper battlemage. That and Solitude has the BEST dress shop :)

Emma will return.....

TheDreamersverse

Brit Fahiil Vahdin
Okay so apparently with The Dragonborn DLC (which I've had for forever) there's this thing called a Hulking Draugr and I'd never seen one before. I'm NOT EVEN ON SOLSTHIEM!!! It scared the living hell out of me! I'm in Solitude! Why are you here? Where did you even come from?!?! Anyway first time I've played in forever. Did not disappoint

Just now I returned to Whiterun after a long absence and found that, oddly, there seemed to be no guards. I was coming up to the city and there weren't any guards standing around outside the gates or patrolling the fortifications. I entered the city and the guard that's usually standing just to the left of the gate wasn't there, nor did any guards appear to be patrolling in the streets. I went into Breezehome to unload the huge number of items I was bringing home. When I came back out to the street, I saw ALL the guards suddenly emerge from the Drunken Huntsman, single file, from both doors. About seven, maybe eight of them came out the front way facing my house, and they all marched to the gate; one of them took up the posting next to the gate, the rest all went out the gate to their posts outside the walls. The others who went out the Huntsman's other door, which I didn't count but were quite numerous, went past Severio Pelagia's house and thence to the street in the direction of the marketplace. So, apparently every single guard in and around the city decided to drop their duties to go for a drink at the Huntsman. I wish I could have gone in there to see what the place looked like with literally all the Whiterun guards in it, lol.

Earlier, just before I got back to Whiterun, I had to clear out the Valtheim Towers, which were occupied by the Silver Hand, in a mission for the Companions. That one archer on the cliff on the opposite side of the river, the one with his chair out in the open, when I got to him and was fighting him, he told me to start running so he could stab me in the back, and no sooner were the words out of his mouth than I decapitated him with my sword and watched his head go soaring down all the way to the river. I think it bounced off the rock wall once on the way down. I'm not sure because I could hardly see due to laughing.

Slightly earlier still (all this took place during my trip from Riften to Whiterun), I left Ivarstead and went east to try to find the way to Nilheim to kill the bandit leader for a bounty. I never did find the way there, because I apparently went to the wrong side of the mountains and I couldn't find a way through. But a strange thing happened. While I was trying to find my way, and I was fairly near Nilheim but on the wrong side of the mountains, I suddenly was notified that I had succeeded in my mission to kill the bandit chief and I could report to the steward of Riften for the bounty. Eh? I was in a pond gathering fish for alchemy ingredients at the time. The guy must have gotten killed by a bear or a dragon or something in my absence. I have no idea what happened. It was just as well, though, because I didn't feel like going all the way back to Ivarstead to find an alternative route to Nilheim.

Pete

My vampire character went to Karthwasten near Markarth in the early evening, the silverblood mercenaries were threatening the mine owner. Persuaded the mercenaries to just pack up and leave, got paid and as I'm leaving got ambushed by several dawnguard.

Used unrelenting force shout, then summoned two Dremora Lords and ran away. It's a great place for a ambush. Only 2 exits, the road and up the hill on the left side of the mine. Ran up the hill. (and at the time I wasn't sure if that was a viable exit).

I tend to do poorly when jumped, often getting boxed in by strong fighters against a weak hand-to-hand character. So I prefer battles on my terms, so best to retreat and 'live' another day.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts