What do you guys sound like? :)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

xsneakyxsimx

I don't like my voice, so I refrain from any video of audio recordings, but I'm Australian, so I'm let you guys and girls fill in the blanks... :p

Irish

Thane of Solitude
Mmmkay, here's my contribution that I recorded early this morning, pre-coffee, so I probably sound a bit tired. Hopefully the link works. :)

<div class="ab-player" data-boourl="Audioboo: Morningboo"><a href="Audioboo / Morningboo">listen to &#x2018;Morningboo&#x2019; on Audioboo</a></div><script type="text/javascript">(function() { var po = document.createElement("script"); po.type = "text/javascript"; po.async = true; po.src = "http://d15mj6e6qmt1na.cloudfront.net/assets/embed.js"; var s = document.getElementsByTagName("script")[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(po, s); })();</script>

Edit: I have no clue why the link is so long!

Monolith

The Progeny of Vikings
Ok, here's a somewhat better recording of my voice. I've done some speaking gigs professionally and recreationally, so my friend asked me to help out when he was applying to study audio tech in English. His assignment was to make an ad about a radio program detailing an expedition to Atlantis. The rules were that Atlantis had to be recently discovered "in another dimension" (weird, I know :confused: ), so I wrote the script with that in mind. I was also just recovering from the flu, hence the slight nasal congestion :p

Atlantis_Mikko_Karpansaari - MP3 Download, Play, Listen Songs - 4shared - Otso Kauhanen

Irish

Thane of Solitude
Ok, here's a somewhat better recording of my voice. I've done some speaking gigs professionally and recreationally, so my friend asked me to help out when he was applying to study audio tech in English. His assignment was to make an ad about a radio program detailing an expedition to Atlantis. The rules were that Atlantis had to be recently discovered "in another dimension" (weird, I know :confused: ), so I wrote the script with that in mind. I was also just recovering from the flu, hence the slight nasal congestion :p

Atlantis_Mikko_Karpansaari - MP3 Download, Play, Listen Songs - 4shared - Otso Kauhanen

Had to listen to it twice because I wasn't sure if it was you or not - thought it was, well, an ad! :p Great voice, very cool!

Monolith

The Progeny of Vikings
Had to listen to it twice because I wasn't sure if it was you or not - thought it was, well, an ad! :p Great voice, very cool!

Heh, that was the idea :D I was emulating those generic movie trailer dudes to make it sound as ad-like as possible (which was after all the idea of the assignment) :p I guess my voice is naturally well-suited to that type of speaking :) My friend is also a very talented audio technician so he made the background music and mixed & edited the whole thing. He is also voicing the excited scientist.

Irish

Thane of Solitude
Heh, that was the idea :D I was emulating those generic movie trailer dudes to make it sound as ad-like as possible (which was after all the idea of the assignment) :p I guess my voice is naturally well-suited to that type of speaking :) My friend is also a very talented audio technician so he made the background music and mixed & edited the whole thing. He is also voicing the excited scientist.

You definitely sound like a natural! Hats off to you and your friend for making a very convincing ad. Well done! :D

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
Ah so many interesting accents! I've heard a few via skype before but always nice to hear what others sound like. I was actually going to start a thread like this some time ago but forgot. Glad someone else got around to it :p

kyleekay

Life's so not fair. Why does everyone else get an awesome accent, while I'm stuck being born in AZ with nothing to show for it?! :p

Great idea for a thread though, Monolith. It's great being able to actually hear the voice behind the avatar.

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
Life's so not fair. Why does everyone else get an awesome accent, while I'm stuck being born in AZ with nothing to show for it?! :p

Great idea for a thread though, Monolith. It's great being able to actually hear the voice behind the avatar.

Yes it is, especially when that voice is mine! What? I do not have a huge ego!

I want to do it! Ooo ooo! But what am I supposed to say? I'm all of a sudden so fluffing nervous... what if they make fun of my "Chicago accent?"

Monolith

The Progeny of Vikings
I want to do it! Ooo ooo! But what am I supposed to say? I'm all of a sudden so fluffing nervous... what if they make fun of my "Chicago accent?"

I'll hurl snowballs at anyone who dares make fun of Troll's Chicago accent! :mad: You know, the hard, icy ones that actually hurt!
The Troll deserves to be heard!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts