What crazy law do YOU live under?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Dabiene Caristiana

Your friendly neighborhood weirdo
So, I watched some videos on youtube and I found it amazing, stupid, amusing, and pretty much a lot of other things, about how many dumb or downright crazy laws that are in effect.

I live in a town that has some crazy or unfair laws. Allow me to start off...

I live across the street from an old Victorian style house that has been worked on by an elder couple for the past 5-6 years. Yes, they are that dedicated. Unfortunately the house when they did put it up for sale was over 350k and that was when the housing market tanked. Ouch. But they have had renters and people interested over the years. And they still maintain it and work on it. Like a proud parent.

So when those proud parents started to cut down some old ugly looking trees hanging over the lawn that looked like those from "Monster House", a lady came over and asked the wife if the logs they cut up were for sale.

The wife told her they both laid out the logs on the lawn for people to take. Now, one might ask "Why?" Here most people rely on wood stoves or fireplaces and firewood is a bit expensive. Wood is still wood even if it came from an old ugly tree. It was still usable!

So the woman thanked her and said she was asking for a friend of hers. 3 days later the poor couple got a fine and citation from the city saying it was 'Illegal' to place objects that would obscure the beauty of the city.

Funny, considering those same officials tend to tax the living DAYLIGHTS out of the poor folks here, driving a lot of people out of town due to the water and sewer bills only payable by the rich. Very considerate of them in a retirement community.

------------------

Recently a law came into effect that said the city would post a warning in two weeks after the law came into effect, that anyone who has more than two old cars or any vehicle (ATV, boats, quads, etc.) that are not being used. This includes that lovely car that was inherited by your grandpappy and has a lot of sentimental value to it. Well, if that literal third wheel car is not licensed and not being used let alone usable, you will get a warning and if you don't comply after two weeks they will fine and TOW the car away, most likely to the junk yard.

Reason for this being is that too many old folks here have been collecting too many vehicles and it has apparently got to a point where it's become unsightly. I don't know for sure if that counts for old cars in overstuffed garages full of junk because that would mean the GM Midgit car my dad has will have to be towed...

This law does have a happy conclusion though. Recently the Mayor himself got a warning because he has a couple old rusties laying about his property. Irony at its finest..

--------------------------------

Short one. So you want to ride that great noble stead of yours in the town parade? Well you'll have to check with the locals to see if your lovely horse is good looking, because APPARENTLY, it is ILLEGAL, to ride an ugly horse through town. Yes. This law was probably drafted sometime after the town was founded, which was in the 1880's because honestly who the heck rides a horse through town anymore besides at the local fair or parade?

And before you ask, yes. You will actually be fined for riding on an animal who's looks can be judged based on opinion. Don't ask, don't tell. I'm sure the town's residence are embarrassed by this law.

-------------------------------------------------

Other laws in other places:

In the State of Florida, it is Illegal to sleep on top of a refrigerator. Outside.

.... What!?

In a New England State (can't remember which) it is illegal to kiss someone in public with a mustache.

There are more, but I wanna see what other people come up with. :) So what crazy laws do YOU live under?!

Last edited:

DurableDiction

Paladin of the Old Order
I used to live in a town where it was required by law to own a rake. This was in the middle of Texas, mind you. With maybe four or five trees every two miles. Why?

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
I don't know for sure if that counts for old cars in overstuffed garages full of junk because that would mean the GM Midgit car my dad has will have to be towed...

I do know a guy *points at himself* that might fix the car, so it's usable again :D

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts