What classic video games do you want to see remade

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Shinohiko

Final Fantasy 7 HD Remastered version for PC, PS3 . HEHE ^ . ^ One of the best RPG game ever. maybe some Chrono Trigger also.

Artega

À good remake of counter strike Why not
You mean CS: GO?

At any rate I, most of the games I want to see be remade have been mentioned in this thread. But the big exception would be Planescape: Torment. I have never seen (and unfortunately I'm starting to feel will never see) a game that deep or integrate gameplay so well with story.

Hacksaw

Mission: Impossible for the Commodore 64

All four Swordquest games for the Atari 2600

Dark Wizard for the Sega Genesis (some of those older Sega games were very well done and way ahead of their time, as was the old Amiga technology)

Perfect Dark for the N64

Blaster Master for the NES

If I sat here long enough I could make this list go on forever, so I'll just stop here. But I like some of the old games being mentioned in this thread.

Fay

I would love to see another Myst Uru Online game made, Sadly Cyan doesn't have enough money for it :sadface:

Grahf

Final Fantasy 7 definitely :) Sanitarium as well - music and atmosphere in this game - awsome. And i rly loved Might and Magic 6,7.

HobGadling

i would like to see Dark Earth, one of the best action-adventure that i have played for the past 20 years.
it has a nice post-apocalyptic storyline and a very immersive game world.

btw, they are re-making (well essentially re-vamping) baldur's gate.

kdshields

Co-founder of Applits.com
À good remake of counter strike Why not

Strongly agreed with this one ;) Just went back to playing Condition Zero a few days ago...

Spiral Power!

Abenddrachen
Skies of Arcadia

Epic story, epic soundtrack, epic fights, epic world, epic epic epic

One of the best games that nobody played : ( I'd love to see it get some love after all these years

KritikalPT

I would love to see a remake of the old Ultima games, but since EA bought both Origin and the rights for the title... yeah, I'd be a lot happier if they didn't ruin the franchise again. Let it stay dead, although it died the worst possible way with Ultima 9. But that's EA for you, buying smaller companies and ruining games since 1982.

Hacksaw

I would love to see a remake of the old Ultima games, but since EA bought both Origin and the rights for the title... yeah, I'd be a lot happier if they didn't ruin the franchise again. Let it stay dead, although it died the worst possible way with Ultima 9. But that's EA for you, buying smaller companies and ruining games since 1982.

I feel your pain...I used to love the old Ultima games! Ultima Online was a huge disappointment though, even before EA bought Origin.

theoperation

Hero of Jorvasskr
Has anyone played played Golden Sun for the Game Boy Advance? I'd like to see that remade but given the full console treatment.
Perfect Dark for the N64 would be awesome re-made but modernised. That alien planet would look amazing on current console technology.

I don't think there's a gamer alive who wouldn't want to see Zelda:Ocarina of time remade.

Yes, I was a giant nintendo fanboy when I was younger

Orange_

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa! Watch the magic!
Quake 2! I know they tried with the single player in Quake 4, but the online community for Quake 2 in the 90s was the best community I've ever been a part of (haha, no offense guys....but we can't exactly play each other). Maybe the fps genre is too over saturated now for that large of a community to stay active for so long to ever be possible again, but I get a warm, fuzzy feeling when I think about Quake 2 CTF and the social community (haha, anybody who was anybody had ICQ and mIRC by '98/'99 to communicate with their clan). I loved playing online and the huge lack spikes, 400+ ping on some servers, and everything else that comes with playing online with 28.8k dial-up modem was easily overlooked cause I didn't know any other alternative.

What made gaming communities so strong back then was that there weren't tons of alternative games to play with the same features and there weren't different mediums to play the games on dividing the community. You couldn't connect to the internet with a console (iirc Dreamcast was the first one, but it wasn't released outside of Japan until almost 2000, and even then not many people played it for its online capability) so if you wanted to play a game online, pc was the way to go. Just think about how absurdly huge some communities would be today if everyone played online on the same device and if sequels and copy cats weren't constantly churned out in yearly intervals to make a quick buck and totally divide the community even further.

So maybe it's nostalgia, maybe it wouldn't matter if the game was remade :/

I would say Quake 3 also, but they struck such a delicate, almost perfect balance in the competitive scene that I'm not sure if it's possible to be improved upon. It would more than likely be messed up and I'm satisfied with Quake Live.

Phantasy Star series (and not some lame online version), Shining in the Darkness, and the original Silent Hill

Ritterkreuz

Colony Wars, the old space shooter, that would be an awesome one.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts