What classic video games do you want to see remade

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
Just like the title says, what games would you like to see remade?

Me? I'd love to see Final Fantasy 7 remade.

perkecet

yeah the old ps1 final fantasy games are what i want redone. 9 in particular, my all time favorite. had the superior world from the older games with the graphics and mechanics of it's contemporaries. i never liked the new age steampunk technology ff games. i prefer the high fantasy swords and staves style over guns and weird weapons. ffx is the exception to that since i mixed both together quite well.

i still need to pop 13 back in my xbox one of these days. the 40 hours of walking straight down a hallway really turned me off of it. i was, however, told that around the 60 hour mark you do get some freedom however =P

Kairee Blackblade

Premium Member
I would love to see Sanitarium redone in a style reminiscent of Skyrim. Instead of point and click make it a true exploration game, but stick with the creepy psychological thriller aspect.

sanitarium.jpg

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
I would love to see Sanitarium redone in a style reminiscent of Skyrim. Instead of point and click make it a true exploration game, but stick with the creepy psychological thriller aspect.

sanitarium.jpg

I might have to get this game. Sounds creepy.

Gehenna

Dazed & Confused

Oh I forgot about that one. I'd second that request. I'm not fond of puzzle games but I did like that one.

I've always wanted to play this game. How is it?

So long as you're not stuck on White Wolf's stuff being portrayed 100% accurately, it's great. It introduced me to White Wolf's material. Lots of good stories to be had there.

As for this game it's one of my favorites because of the main character's moral dilemma with being a vampire. He starts out as a Crusader and when he becomes a vampire he's devastated. Meanwhile, the love of his life is being held hostage by a stronger, older vampire and he can't rescue her because he's not strong enough and because of the political games being played by his senior vampires. In some ways it's a typical damsel-in-distress rescue thing but she is held captive for 800 years as a ghoul and does everything she can to undermine her captor's plans and to help the main character.

The game is full of a lot of soul-searching type storytelling. A lot of people don't like it because you can't go around rampaging and killing people randomly. If you do, your character will go insane and you won't be able to finish the game. You have to keep a couple of points in humanity to keep going with the game, though at the very end there are good and evil choices.

Video someone posted of the character flipping out. She mentions retarded AI and she's right. The party members get stuck all the time. That's one thing I hope they'd do better in a remake. LOL /textwall :)

Mushroom Surprise

Halo 2 (Dunno if you can really call it a "classic")
Every Final Fantasy game up to 7.

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Pyro, Spirits Connoisseur, and Soulless Anarchist
An old sega game called kings bounty, it was an exploration/strategy game. You explored the world as your own character but in combat commanded an army in a turn-based strategy style. Could be remade wtih modern graphics and game mechanics into a badass RPG if they changed the combat system some.

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Pyro, Spirits Connoisseur, and Soulless Anarchist
Agree!?!?!? Someone knows what game I speak of!?!? You, sir have just made my night.

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
So long as you're not stuck on White Wolf's stuff being portrayed 100% accurately, it's great. It introduced me to White Wolf's material. Lots of good stories to be had there.

If I can endure today's modern "vampire", I think I can manage White Wolf's portrayal of the Undead. :)

A lot of people don't like it because you can't go around rampaging and killing people randomly.

Yeah, I had a friend who couldn’t stand Indigo Prophecy (Fahrenheit) or Heavy Rain because both games weren't the typical "Kill 'em! Make 'em go BOOM!" I love story-driven games. Great characters and plot win over The BOOM any day for me.

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
I have Indigo Prophecy. Husband gave it to me for Christmas or a birthday or something. I could never finish it because you have to play Simon in order to progress and my memory and reflexes aren't that good.

LOL! I forgot about that! It took me some time to get the hang of it. You gotta push past it. The story is amazing! Heavy Rain is very much like that, since it's made by the same developer, but the story is really good. Both are in my top ten favorite game list.

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
A few more:

Metal Gear 1 and 2. These need to remade. The MGS series is based on those two games. It would be awesome to play these stories out on today's consoles. To play as a Young Solid Snake going up against Big Boss. Epic.

Monolith

The Progeny of Vikings
The Baldur's Gate games! Classic RPGs at their very finest :) I'm in luck, because they are in fact remaking them as I'm typing this: BG1 + its expansion, the Tales of the Sword Coast, should be out sometime this summer, and they're starting to work on BG2 + Throne of Bhaal after that. I fondly remember these RPGs as they gave me some of the best gaming experiences I've ever had. I don't think I've reached that level of immersion with a single game since then.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts