What class are you going to play?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

MellowGuy

Like my usual starters, I'm going with stealthy character with bows and dagger to start with. Dual wield so no shields and some magic for heals. Most likely Khajilt Light armored and I guess I'll try that alchemy. What about you guys?

Renegader

Administrator
Staff member
I like being something like a Knight. i.e. am an Imperial with a sword, shield and heavy armour. That's my kind of style!

Hellfire

Hehehe...im gonna make a fire lizard ( well ill make his skin black and red ) probably meduim armor ( if there is such thing, if not, heavy armour ) and hes gonna be more like an assasin, like an anti hero ( deadpool style ^^ ), wieldsdual swords of any kind that are enchanted ( except suckish ;p. ) dinos r awsome!!

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
I usually prefer either stealth or magic but pure combat seems pretty fun this time around. I'll try combination eventually. Not sure which build I should go with for the first playthough.

Tri-edge

I am thinking more or Duel Blade warrior but i want to also use a sheld when killing dragons i kinda relyed on block to much on the last elder scroll it would be nice to master the system coz you can just hold down the sheild trigger.the leveing up system looks good so i might also just be eveything. the blunt wepons look much better also i might even have an axe :)

Babb

I will be making a custom assassin class like I always have done in the past games. I love a stealthy character and poisoning and using light armor with a bow at hand is fun :]

Tri-edge

stealthy Is fun its awesome when you sneek in the shadows and Snipe someone with your bow and you being able to hold your breath so you can hit better is just an awesome thing to have in a first person Sand box. What is your in the open and your aganst a dragon ? i know the bow would be good to use to put abit of distence but wheres the fun in that ya ?

Babb

Well having short blade as another major stat would help for close fights with dragons. I would definitely start off with my bow though to get a few clean hits on the dragon ha

uneasybuffalo

First of all Skyrim is going to be awsome. Not only did I take time off work I have told my wife once kids go to bed DONT BOTHER ME! I have thought alot about what type of class Im going to play first. Im always Wood Elf scout with bow, light armor and shield when up close. BUT! this is skyrim 10 times greater then oblivion so I might try caster for the first time. Im thinking high elf with full destruction, alchemy and conjuring. Although the orcs are pretty damn awsome this time around.

N3w_2_$kyr1min

Can't wait for Skyrim
I usually start off as a mage, I suspect I will do so again! But I was thinking of perhaps a mage/warrior combination, some sort of battle mage.. That shouldn't be too hard considering the dual-weilding with magic feature. Oh man that is a good addition. :D

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
My approach is similar to the one of the OP. Stealth-oriented with bow and daggers but probably without any magic whatsoever. I am not sure how one would classify my other character. A mage, for sure, but other than that? Maybe he’ll have a staff but he’s definitely not going to swing any conventional weapons. A shield might work, too. Heh, that reminds me ... can you double-wield shields xD ?

Jeruhmi

My approach is similar to the one of the OP. Stealth-oriented with bow and daggers but probably without any magic whatsoever. I am not sure how one would classify my other character. A mage, for sure, but other than that? Maybe he’ll have a staff but he’s definitely not going to swing any conventional weapons. A shield might work, too. Heh, that reminds me ... can you double-wield shields xD ?
Dual wielding of shields would be sort of messy. I assume that would block the most part of your screen, you would barely be able to see.

N3w_2_$kyr1min

Can't wait for Skyrim
The player would probably resort to looking towards the ground to see over their shields half the time, lol. That option sounds cool, although not very useful.. unless you were just trying to survive. xD

Now what would be cool would be if shields got visually damaged/dented.. wooden ones even shattered.

Jeruhmi

The player would probably resort to looking towards the ground to see over their shields half the time, lol. That option sounds cool, although not very useful.. unless you were just trying to survive. xD

Now what would be cool would be if shields got visually damaged/dented.. wooden ones even shattered.
Yeah, like if you were just trying to run past enemies whilst doing a long task, it may be helpful for better protection.
I would think they may have introduced degradable weapons/shields into the game a lot better than in Oblivion.

Tusck

I'm going for a thief right away. Bows, poisons, lockpicking, and stealth. I usually steal everything to make a living at the start. Then I'll probably go towards the assassin guild. I generally don't do warrior guild, because I find it more fulfilling to take what I want, rather than help people to generate cash.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
But the “Dark Brotherhood” makes some nice profits, too, I’d bet :p

Mikk

Article Writer
I'm pretty much always a conjurer with a long blade. That, or a heavy-armoured boxer, just for giggles.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts