1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
    Dismiss Notice

What Children did you Adopt?

Discussion in 'Hearthfire' started by andrew9300, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Malignanttoe

Malignanttoe Member

I originally had no interest in adopting any children because I figured it would be like getting married- the NPC just becomes an uninteresting wooden puppet that does the same predictable things over and over. They become a game mechanic instead of a character in a larger story.

However, while running around Whiterun, I met Lucia and I felt sorry for her living alone and begging for money. She seemed sad up until I told her I would adopt her. Now she lives in Breezehome with myself and Ysolda and when she told me I could have anything out of her personal chest that I wanted, I immediately thought, "No, those are yours things." That's when I realized she wasn't just a game mechanic to me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Wildroses

Wildroses Well-Known Member

You have no idea how relieved I am to hear I am not the only person who doesn't raid her kids chest for goodies because they belong to her.

Mind you, some of the stuff I see in there when I open it to see if old gifts are still there make my hair stand on end. I found six sabrecat teeth and some troll fat in there once. And did she seriously just find a silver sapphire necklace just lying around unclaimed?

3. Malignanttoe

Malignanttoe Member

These kids are thieves and murderers!

4. buggegirl99

buggegirl99 Member

One time I looked in my child's chest, and found 6 hawk beaks, and I was like: "How the heck did she get those! I can't even find any!!!" o_O

5. Galmar Stone-Fist

Galmar Stone-Fist Stormcloak General

Because they climb on the roof and step on the hawks... and on the other hand... ulfric is not dead, tullius is

6. TheLonelyWolve

TheLonelyWolve My precious

I started a story of rather, no memory of adopting a kid, but rather having one with my wife.

As a breton I made my way to markarth and married senna. I "Found" my family had an unused house in falkreath which I took over, a year later we had blaise, he is now 10, yet me and senna dont show any signs of aging, due to her being devote of dibella and me also. but not knowing of me being dragonborn yet too. :p

7. Anouck

Anouck Queen of Procrastination

In real life you have annoying kids as well. It's just realistic. Not every child has good manners - especially not when they are living on the streets and there's no parent to correct them.

8. FullmetalHeart20

FullmetalHeart20 Well-Known Member

Well Babette seems to make it work...though I suppose being an immortal assassin who's immune to poison helps her hold her own.

9. BeastAndAMidget

BeastAndAMidget A Hardcore Mage

Runa and Hroar

10. Anouck

Also Hroar ;)

...There's this beggar girl in Windhelm. Her dad was a Stormcloak soldier, so was her mother. I'm an Imperial and felt realy bad ass so I adopted her :D now she lives with Vilkas in Solitude...

She wants to become a Bard later :p

11. FullmetalHeart20

FullmetalHeart20 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure about the second one, but I know I MUST adopt Sofie. Just read the trivia about her on the wiki. The stories she's compared to are heartbreaking! How do you do a crying emoticon?

12. Anouck

:'-( like this? :D

13. Jaeger

Jaeger Active Member

Just ran past her. She said, "Oh, I'm so cold. Nobody bought any flowers today."

Damn you Heartfire! Damn you!

14. jonathan90

jonathan90 well known member

I have adopted samuel and lucia.:)and I picked Lucia off the streets of whiterun. And adopted Samuel in riften.

15. Yukari Yakumo

Yukari Yakumo The Countless Violet Clouds

Sophie was selling flowers in Windhelm after I brought victory for the Empire. Bought a flower then raced to the steward and bought the children's room; raced back to her and she smiled like nothing else.
    Lucia was begging in the streets of Whiterun; looked so alone, now they have mothers and sisters.
    Had their first fight yesterday; something about "You smell worse than a Hagraven."

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Cruzz27

Cruzz27 Member

Boooooo!!!! :p
    No sweet rolls for you!
    Now bend over and take this beating like a man!

17. CottonCandyDeath

CottonCandyDeath High Elf--Imperial--SweetRoll Thief

I adopted Sophie and Blaise. I was so disappointed with how little interaction there is with them.Same thing with the spouses. It gets a bit boring, and often annoying hearing them repeat the same couple of phrases.

18. epic9000

epic9000 New Member

Hroar and Runa Fair-Shield. My children love playing games with me. Runa has been very interactive with everybody around the house while Hroar likes to hang out with his mom, Aela the Huntress mostly. We have Vigilance as a great dog and an often self-centered mudcrab in Rocky.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Name: Lord Invisible
    Race: Nord
    Spouse: Aela the Huntress
    Children: Hroar, Runa Fair-Shield
    Home: Lakeview Manor
    War side: Stormcloaks, Tullius dead
    Misc: Werewolf, Harbinger, Listener, Dawnguard
    Stone: Warrior
    Top Skills: One-Handed, Block, Heavy Armor, Archery, Destruction, Conjuration, Sneak

• Like Like x 1
  19. Jaeger

Jaeger Active Member

My thief adopted Lucia. She asked where is she going to live. I said, Riften. She said, "Oh." Later in Riften, "She said, "There are scary people living here, mommy." she does like Mara temple. Maybe, we'll build a country house...

• Like Like x 1
  20. Wildroses

Wildroses Well-Known Member

Make sure it isn't the one in Morthal. Whenever I move Lucia there she won't shut up about how scary the place is and monsters in the swamp.