• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

xReese

Same, I adopted Sofie and Lucia ;*
they are adorbs.

SFBryan18

Same, I adopted Sofie and Lucia ;*
they are adorbs.
Yea, they are... Except I'm starting to get annoyed by the dialogue "Mama took me to the market. There were lots of pies and cakes there. She told me she'd show me how to bake one."

It's just so cheesy, I can't stand it. It was funny the first time, but after that it's like... "Yea, you already told me that."

aussiegirlz

there aren't two girls in the riften orphanage o_O only 1. xD

Actually it is possible that there is more than one girl at Honorhall if a kids parents get killed they are sent there - I adopted Sissel (killed her abusive father to do it) she was then sent to the orphanage making 2 girls there when I went to adopt her.

buggegirl99

for my second character, i adopted aleson. i am planning to adopt sophie, the poor thing

Saozig

Hippy
I got Blaise, the orphaned stableboy in Solitude (Katla's Farm) and Sofie, the orphaned flower girl in Windhelm. I wasn't going to adopt kids so quickly but I stumbled across Blaise on my way down from Solitude to the Solitude Sawmill to buy lumber. The dialogue to adopt him came up. His story was pretty sad and he wasn't annoying, so I adopted him. Stumbled across Sofie next in Windhlem when I was there to buy other supplies. How could I leave that poor girl to sell flowers for food in the snow? Now I feel bad for all the orphans in Riften I can't adopt.

I like Blaise and Sofie but I wish they would interact with each other and I wish I could adopt more kids.

Also, Blaise said he wanted a toy sword and that I could get one from the Khajiit caravans. Haven't found one yet, in the caravans or the hold shops. All I can find are dolls which they won't let you give to a male child. Apparently toys in Skyrims are gender-specific--annoying since Skyrim has otherwise been really good about avoiding stupid gender binary crap like that. Seriously, how is Sofie going to learn to be a dragon-killing badass like her adopted mom if I can't give her toy weapons to practice with???

Saozig

Hippy
You can give the kids any dagger and they will use it on the practice dummy in the cellar.
Yes. I learned that in another thread here. Thanks.

Wildroses

I hadn't been planning to adopt on my main character because I thought she was away adventuring too much. Then she came into Whiterun one rainy night and found Lucia sleeping in the dirt. Once she cried about how much she missed her dead mother adoption was inevitable. Now my main has become one of those parents who shower their child with non-stop gifts to make up for the fact she is never around. Lucia now has two dolls, an enchanted dagger, a wooden sword and eight dresses.

After I got Hearthfire I made another character just for it. That character just wanted to build a home and have a family, so she only did quests to get the Jarl's approval, cash, and a husband. That character built Lakeview Manor, and adopted Lucia and Sofie because they were the closest of the ones available as well as the most pathetic.

DLAROC

I'm so dissapointed. First I adopted Runa and she's fine but then I adopted the boy from Dawnstar and he won't come home! He just keeps saying he's gotta pack his stuff and say bye but he just stands in the middle of Dawnstar and never leaves. If I would've known he was going to be a delinquent runaway, I would've chose another kid.

shinobiJP

Shadows Preserve You
I adopted Lucia because that's one of the names my girlfriend wants to name our future kids and I'm thinking of adopting another from Honorhall.

Peanut68

I got Blaise, the orphaned stableboy in Solitude (Katla's Farm) and Sofie, the orphaned flower girl in Windhelm. I wasn't going to adopt kids so quickly but I stumbled across Blaise on my way down from Solitude to the Solitude Sawmill to buy lumber. The dialogue to adopt him came up. His story was pretty sad and he wasn't annoying, so I adopted him. Stumbled across Sofie next in Windhlem when I was there to buy other supplies. How could I leave that poor girl to sell flowers for food in the snow? Now I feel bad for all the orphans in Riften I can't adopt.

I like Blaise and Sofie but I wish they would interact with each other and I wish I could adopt more kids.

Also, Blaise said he wanted a toy sword and that I could get one from the Khajiit caravans. Haven't found one yet, in the caravans or the hold shops. All I can find are dolls which they won't let you give to a male child. Apparently toys in Skyrims are gender-specific--annoying since Skyrim has otherwise been really good about avoiding stupid gender binary crap like that. Seriously, how is Sofie going to learn to be a dragon-killing badass like her adopted mom if I can't give her toy weapons to practice with???

I adopted Braise and Alesan to save them from lives of slavery on Solitute farm and Dawnstar mine they are both orphans with very sad back stories but I wish I could adopt all the kids that have sad back stories.
Also they DO interact with each other - I had to break up a argument between them when one was insulting the other for being a wimp or something lol.
Also when I got them a dog I forgot to leave it at the house and it got killed in a fight and when I got home the boys were devastated and said "How could you?!!" and "I am never speaking to you again". God that felt like a punch in the stomach. I got them another dog of course. I also make sure I come home regularly and bring them presents, give them allowances and love hearing them laugh when I play tag with them lol. I love my boys - guess I am a big softy at heart lol.

Shyrith

Ebonhawk
Aaralyn has Runa and Francois

Katarina has Lucia and Runa

Shyrith has Lucia and Sofie

So far Lucia is my favorite.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

The Wanderer

Young Heritic
I adopted Hroar haha, he's a funny lil guy.

Moris

My Stormcloak sympathizer had to adopt Sophie, of course, and was mightily angry with her leader for not providing for the orphans of soldiers. Also, Lucia.

But she was a bad mother: hardly ever home, leaving the housecarl and steward to raise the children.

Lucia was very bright and active, and asked to play games, for an allowance, brought home a pet.

Sophie must have suffered from a terrible bout of depression. All she ever seemed to do is sleep. My character had to wake her up in the middle of the day to give her presents, and then she'd say thank you very politely and go right back to sleep. It was heartbreaking.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts