what are your favorite rock bands ?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

mamali

as a rock fan , just wanted to see what skyrimers like , if your reading this and you are a rock music fan leave a reply :)

mine are
1. Led Zeppelin
2. Tool
3. King Crimson
4. Radiohead
5. Pink Floyd
6. Pearl Jam
7. Soundgarden
8. Rolling Stones
9. R.E.M
10. the Beatles

Pingu

a.k.a Charlie Goodvibes
My favourites change all the time and I can't just make an ''of all time'' list really.. Lately I've been listening a lot to: Bernard Purdie, a funk/afrorock drummer, Mutemath, one of the best (but severely underrated) bands of our time in my opinion, Tame Impala, a modern day psychedelic rockband and Ultimate Spinach, a typical sixties psychedelic rock band which is kinda reminiscent of Jefferson Airplane and the like.

Monolith

The Progeny of Vikings
I'm a musical omnivore so I don't limit myself to any one genre, but I do listen to a lot of rock bands, both mainstream and less-known ones.

Here's a short list:

RHCP (not sure if they belong in the rock category per se.. funk rock, more like)
The Black Crowes (southern rock band from the US with blues, gospel, funk and other influences)
Sunchild (sadly they only put out one record before disbanding in 2002.. they have a groovy 70s kinda vibe)
Porcupine Tree (prog rock band from the UK)
Jimi Hendrix
Stevie Ray Vaughan
Corrosion of Conformity (kinda between rock and stoner/southern metal I suppose)
Lynyrd Skynyrd

Will post more once I can think of a few..

stagnant94

PINK FLOYD!!!!

oh, I've just looked at the post above, here, now the font is bigger

Medea

The Shadow Queen
I like all kinds of punk and rock. Here's a few of my favs: Metallica, Guns N Roses, Ozzy, Black Sabbath, Sublime, Nirvana, Sex Pistols, Rage Against the Machine, Led Zepplin, Rush, Tenacious D, Garbage, Stone Temple Pilots, Alice in Chains, Rancid, Nine Inch Nails, Judas Priest, Galneryus, KMFDM, System of a Down, Lemmy, Sex Machineguns, The Vibrators, Misfits and Black Flag.

Katt

I listen to a lot of different genres, but mostly rock. I also love to hear local indie bands, and there a lot of them in my area, most of which are heavy metal bands ;)

Here are a few of my favorite bands, both main stream and indie:

Dommin, Arsenic Addiction*, Cave of Roses*, Meat*, Incidious*, Cvltvs Mortem*, Death Angel, Sepeltura, Havok, Pink Floyd (my all time favorite), AC/DC, Led Zepplin, Joe Satriano, Metallica, Volbeat, Boston, Foreigner, Ted Nugent, April Wine, Alice in Chains, Heaven and Hell (Ronnie James Dio is and always will be the best), Ozzy, and Black Sabbath

These really are only a few. There are more I enjoy, but these are the ones that came to my head right. The ones I marked with * are all local metal bands in my area.

Omega Dragon

I listen to a variety of music, and don't really have like a "top" list, but let's see... some of my many favorites from what I perceive as "Rock"/"Punk"/"Metal" (I don't really believe in genres and don't pay attention to such) do include (but not necessarily limited to): Aerosmith, Alice Cooper, Alice in Chains, Bad Religion, Black Sabbath, Blood Stain Child, Bon Jovi, Charlie Daniels Band, Def Leppard, Drowning Pool, The Eagles, Epica, Evanescence, Femme Fatale, Gojira, Goo Goo Dolls, Green Day, Guns N' Roses, Hellcats, Iron Maiden, Jimi Hendrix, Joan Jett & the Blackhearts, Judas Priest, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Led Zeppelin, Linkin Park, Lynard Skynard, Marilyn Manson, Meatloaf, Megadeth, Nickelback, Nightwish, Nine Inch Nails, No Doubt, Onmyouza, Ozzy Osbourne, Pantera, Pink Floyd, Poison, Puddle of Mudd, Queen, R.E.M., Red Hot Chili Peppers, Rob Zombie, Rolling Stones, Saliva, Santana, Seether, Sirenia, Skid Row, Slipknot, Spinnerette, Styx, Sublime, System of a Down, Third Eye Blind, Three Days Grace, Trash, Twisted Sister, Van Halen Whitesnake, Within Temptation.

Tanya

There's so many that I love that it's hard to pick only a few....
Operation Ivy,
Led Zeppelin,
Floyd,
Rancid,
Dio,
STP,
Pearl Jam,
The Offspring,
Misfits,
Iron Maiden,
Suicidal Tendencies,
Soundgarden,