What are you doing here?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.
This is the first line of dialogue in the "Return of Thorald" mod, (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/38534/) where you find Thorald well after you rescue him from the Thalmor, and he can then become your follower.

Unfortunately, after I loaded that mod, everyone in Whiterun, including my follower, said that to me, and nothing else. If I left whiterun, my follower still said that. And nothing else. Forever.

I deleted the mod with NMM. Did the old quit, delete, load, save, quit, load thing. Then I went and searched every mod file folder for things that didn't delete. Then I ran an orphan script cleaner. Checked integrity of the game cache. No luck. So I started a new character, because someone somewhere said, it's not in the game, it's in your save files for your character.

New character did well, everything back to normal. All whiterun NPCs spoke normally...until I started Companions at level 65 and did Dustman's Cairn. Returned to Whiterun, and Blammo, it's back. The mod author says his mod doesn't do anything to Whiterun, but it's HIS line of dialogue, so that seems relevant.

The question is, is it possible to find this line of dialogue and delete it? How would I do that?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts