• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Star Gazer

Let's say this. Two characters, both level 1, master difficulty. (staying on master difficulty! No easy mode!)
Prerequisite for Werewolf: Join Companions, get Fragment of Wuuthrad from draugr. Get Werewolf
Prerequisite for Vampire: Travel to the other side of Skyrim, join dawnguard, save girl, kill outrageously difficult enemies (gargoyles), travel to the complete OTHER end of Skyrim. Get Vampire Lord
Don't you think it would be much easier to kill a few draugr, then gargoyles at level 1?

Valyn

Let's say this. Two characters, both level 1, master difficulty. (staying on master difficulty! No easy mode!)
Prerequisite for Werewolf: Join Companions, get Fragment of Wuuthrad from draugr. Get Werewolf
Prerequisite for Vampire: Travel to the other side of Skyrim, join dawnguard, save girl, kill outrageously difficult enemies (gargoyles), travel to the complete OTHER end of Skyrim. Get Vampire Lord
Don't you think it would be much easier to kill a few draugr, then gargoyles at level 1?
Well, for starters, I don't personally think gargoyles, are very hard, and I've never had trouble with them I don't know where your getting that. But on the other hand, the silver hand great sword wielders 3 shot me on adept. And, you say you have to walk all across skyrim to get there, but haven't you ever heard of a carriage driver and fast traveling? I think it takes longer to do 2 side quests, and walk all the way to dustman's cairn, and clear it. On the other hand, for VL you just have to take a carriage to riften, go get serana, and then take another carriage to solitude.

Star Gazer

Well, for starters, I don't personally think gargoyles, are very hard, and I've never had trouble with them I don't know where your getting that. But on the other hand, the silver hand great sword wielders 3 shot me on adept.
Gargoyles... at level 1... on master...and you dont even have to go that far in the Companions quest-line. The thing was to get Werewolf, not do the entire Companions quest.

zane

you're both getting into specifying to many of the random variables. Put in any situation of generic stats, and majority of the outcome would be: yes werewolf would win more,

the vampire lord is awesome, is powerful, and has an arsenal of things at it's disposal. But the werewolf is a brute, and a defense breaker. as a vamp lord you'd need to prepare your situation before hand on how you'd tackle a WW. that's the only reason that a WW would win more, the VL needs too many specific "settings" so to say to be able to end a WW, where as the WW would have most of the upper hand.

its not saying VL is weak, it's not saying WW is the best, it's using tactics and stats.

I disagree wholeheartedly with this comment. With the new DLC, the Vampire is infinitely better then the Werewolf. If there was a level 30 Vampire Lord up against a level 40 Werewolf, my Money would be on the Vampire. With the new spells and things that you get, you are by far better then a Werewolf. The Werewolf can't compare. The only thing that makes them better would be personal opinion, whether or not you want to be a Werewolf or a Vampire. Oh, and Vampires can make people their bitches, I mean, Werewolves can't do that.

To say that Vampires Suck is false, if it's your personal opinion, then that's different, in which case you should back it up and prove they suck. Otherwise, the proper way to say it is like this: "I dislike Vampires and have no wish to be one in this game, however, I recognize their awesomeness and superiority over Werewolves, and I am oh so sorry for insulting their awesomeness, please forgive me!" Well, maybe not the last bit, but it would certainly earn you a plus in my book.

However, no, there isn't anything extremely special. The only thing worthy of note is a new Perk Tree, which is pretty cool, but not nearly as cool as the Vampires, in my opinion. Oh, and Harkon calls you filthy beasts, but I'm not sure you want to hear that.

TL;DR :3

i K33L n0085

Destroyer Devour Master
First of all, whenever I was a werewolf, I would rarely use my wolf form because most enemies would resist my howl of terror, then I would get teamed up on by every enemy in the dungeon (werewolfs aren't that stealthy), and die. Plus it only has two attacks, slash and slash (bite doesn't count, because that's a finishing animation). As a vampire lord, I change into my lord form on a regular basis, because it has a variety of attacks, and any damage done to it is easily healed by draining health. Oh yeah, and you can turn into it more than once a day.

Second of all, does anyone know what you can do with that werewolf pelt in the vampire castle? Other than selling it to the thieves guild (it's stolen). I tried making leather with it, but it didn't work.

Star Gazer

First of all, whenever I was a werewolf, I would rarely use my wolf form because most enemies would resist my howl of terror, then I would get teamed up on by every enemy in the dungeon (werewolfs aren't that stealthy), and die. Plus it only has two attacks, slash and slash (bite doesn't count, because that's a finishing animation). As a vampire lord, I change into my lord form on a regular basis, because it has a variety of attacks, and any damage done to it is easily healed by draining health. Oh yeah, and you can turn into it more than once a day.

Second of all, does anyone know what you can do with that werewolf pelt in the vampire castle? Other than selling it to the thieves guild (it's stolen). I tried making leather with it, but it didn't work.
If howl of terror doesnt work, use the totem of the brotherhood, or predator. And werewolves sprinting attack is possibly the most powerful thing in the game, apart from it knocking the enemy 10 feet back, it completely rips them to shreds ;)

Derek Jeder

I found that Vampire Lords are less powerfull, All the spells are novice. The melee damage does more than any of the spells, however they can float on water and chow down on peoples faces. The Werewolf on the other hand is extremely powerful, esspecialy with the new perk tree, and it's easier to gain experience for. So I guess it all boils down to your personal choice. I still haven't decided, Power or Bad A**ness?

Valyn

I think werewolves are cooler, because they have myth about them in real life, tearing apart livestock, kids disappearing. The Vampire lord is just an ugly bat-man with spells.

i K33L n0085

Destroyer Devour Master
@Lucas76020: Whenever I try the werewolf sprint attack I usually end up sprinting right past the enemy. And I couldn't figure out how to unlock the totems, but it doesn't matter now because I'm settled on being a vampire lord.

Star Gazer

Lucas76020: Whenever I try the werewolf sprint attack I usually end up sprinting right past the enemy. And I couldn't figure out how to unlock the totems, but it doesn't matter now because I'm settled on being a vampire lord.
you don't think the vampire lords are kinda... ugly? Well apart from them looking like a hobo with a ponytail, they don't fight well at all in sunlight, with them being vampires and all. Oh, and you get the totems by completing Aela the huntress' quests in the companion questline

i K33L n0085

Destroyer Devour Master
Who said I fight in sunlight? And the vampire lord is supposed to look ugly. Someone that closely related to Molag Bal isn't going to look beautiful.

Kage

Your assuming that they face off earlier rather then later. I'm talking about two fully maxed out-same level characters here. As I'll continue pointing out until someone stop ignoring it, a Werewolf has to turn eventually, you have too, it's inevitable. A VL can easily avoid them until then. You turn, and get a huge beat down by the VL. You try to turn back? Great, you get a huge beat down while turning back. Your down so much health already, it's an easy matter to take out the trash/ if your trying to feed to stay in form longer? Great, get a beat down while your doing that. Any good Vl would have a lot of Magicka, it could toss you around like the unruly puppy you are. You can't summon your little wolf friend when your being thrown threw the air. If you some how succeed? Great, I paralyze your two friends and continue tossing yo ass around . Sorry, WW's would love the majority.

Star Gazer

Well Harkon isn't that ugly. His skin is blue-ish. The player's is grey. If you looked more like Harkon's vamplord then I might have at least some respect for it. And it is quite a burden having to hide for 12 hours while you wait for nightfall, while a werewolf's been rampaging all over skyrim, all day!

Kage

Hey, guess what? I block out the sun with my bow, no more sun! Werewolves are awesome, I have a Werewolf, I love it, it's great, it own plops, it's godly good, but not as good as the VL. It has to be close to do any damage at all, it can't do plops while paralyzed or being tossed around.

Star Gazer

Your assuming that they face off earlier rather then later. I'm talking about two fully maxed out-same level characters here. As I'll continue pointing out until someone stop ignoring it, a Werewolf has to turn eventually, you have too, it's inevitable. A VL can easily avoid them until then. You turn, and get a huge beat down by the VL. You try to turn back? Great, you get a huge beat down while turning back. Your down so much health already, it's an easy matter to take out the trash/ if your trying to feed to stay in form longer? Great, get a beat down while your doing that. Any good Vl would have a lot of Magicka, it could toss you around like the unruly puppy you are. You can't summon your little wolf friend when your being thrown threw the air. If you some how succeed? Great, I paralyze your two friends and continue tossing yo ass around . Sorry, WW's would love the majority.
depends where we are fighting. If it's on a werewolf's terms, it will be in a field, during the day. (werewolf wins) but if it's on a vamps terms, in a dark spooky cave, then the vamplord might have a chance. but fighting a werewolf in close-quarters, like a cave is never a good idea. Sprint attacks are what give the werewolf an upper hand

Kage

Yes, does depend where their fighting. Your missing the part where the sun becomes blocked out though. Doesn't matter, day or night. I can make the sun my bitch whenever I want to during the day.

Star Gazer

Paralyzed? because you shot a little paralyze dart at me? I'm a werewolf! try leading a shot on a werewolf going 80 mph, leading up to a sprint attack. While you're on the ground, ragdolled, I summon werewolves and we triple team you!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts