• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

LordofMethuselah

Vampiric Illusionary Necromage of Destruction
I have to agree. I don't even call Myer's creatures Vampires, because they aren't, their something else entirely, I don't know what they are, but they certainly aren't Vampires.
They are little fairies. They apparently can move fast and sparkle. Pretty much a fairy. So maybe edward would die if he heard someone say I don't believe in fairies

LordofMethuselah

Vampiric Illusionary Necromage of Destruction
Yeah, I do realize that. My point is actually that exactly. Same with my Vampire. Any character is good with any thing. However, the Vampire Lord is ultimately better, especially as it's very versatile.

Um, I throw them off a cliff as well? Actually, the perk specifically makes everything slower then you, even the Werewolf. And beating the VL to hell before they stand is just stupid, really it's quite funny you say that. How are you supposed to beat something before they stand up when you've thrown them off a cliff? Or, maybe when their dealing with two Gargoyles? As the person above stated, his Werewolf character could take care off whole groups of things, and as I've stated so can my Vampire Lord. It honestly depends on the potency of the character. However, that aside, the VL is better. It's more versatile, it can reanimate things, and what's more, it can throw pl*** off cliffs or send things flying halfway across the town or area. If that fails, it could use Supernatural reflexes and tear a Werewolf to bits. When health and magicka run out, it can become an invulnerable mist. Or just go mist form until the Werewolf is forced to turn human again, then it's screwed. Hell, it could just start teleporting around with bats until it goes Human. Again, the VL is more versatile, it has many things it can fall back on, whereas the Werewolf has to be close to maul the VL, the VL can just teleport away as many times as it wants and keep blasting it.

So please, you forget about.
They are both great fighters in their own ways. VL is a good fighter but I have noticed that with Grip you gotta aim it just right to catch them. Same with the sprint for werewolves. Also someone stated a good point of who said there was a cliff there or a river. Unless you waste supernatural reflexes to get to one before that wolf catches you you don't have those advantages. As well as if you do manage to grip one wolf the others do have a window to either deal damage or power attack and let the player recover. You did state that it also depends on the character but you should've ended it after that because that was a good point. All your other opinions about fighting with the VL may be true but are highly situational. And the Gargs aren't always smart or that hard hitting so either they get caught with you in the sprint lunge or I ignore them and rush the high priority target first then deal with them. And yes bats and mist form can help you escape but it requires a little bit of timing and bats doesn't always put you in the best position for the fight. It might get you someplace safe or it might send you between the other wolves. Yes its obvious that you prefer the VL and that is perfectly fine. I prefer the werewolf. But both are fun depending on the play style of that run through. I will say I feel that werewolves will slaughter a city like solitude of all the killable people faster. Just my personal opinion from trying.

Kage

They are both great fighters in their own ways. VL is a good fighter but I have noticed that with Grip you gotta aim it just right to catch them.

You make good points, but it isn't that hard with Vampiric grip, it really isn't. I could easily catch a Werewolf with it and throw him high into the sky. Then I could take care of the other two easily as well. Everyone seems to think that you have to be near a river or mountain, this isn't the case. All a VL has to do is throw you high, and hard against a cliff, or some type of rocky surface. if there isn't one, then the VL just throws you into thee air really high. Trust me, it would be a very easy matter to simply wait until the Werewolf changes back to Human. Now, I know with the ring of Hircine you can turn as much as you want, but that doesn't make it any less of a disadvantage. if you think a VL will just sit idle while you turn, you're sadly mistaken.

Jonnystorm19

Um, if their thrown off a mountain, their dead, sorry, but it doesn't matter how much Health they have. A VL could toss them around like dolls at a 5 year old girl's birthday party. You really seem to be ignoring the speels and powers the VL has at their disposal. Stats and attributes aren't everything. Fact of the matter is that a Werewolf can only stay a Werewolf so long, all a VL has to do is wait until you go human again. If you try and run away to feed off someone else, then you get beat down with spells while you do so. If you try and turn a second time, you get beat down while turning. The VL has a huge advantage in being able to stay in the form as long as it wants to. It doesn't need to stop and feed to stay in that form.

Actually you seem to be ignoring the fact that, as someone already said, the VL cannot actually grip and pick up a WW. The coding for the WW is written like the Mammoth and Dragon, or very close to it. So therefor, there goes that idea. Also, the time issue means nothing, why? because the strength of the WW is so much higher than the VL that the WW just has to hit the VL like once or twice and its over. Even with all this talk it really does boil down to the individual character though and how they are specd. Im just going on if it were an even level 81 VL against an 81 WW with both specd out perk trees.

I also think its hilarious how that before Dawnguard came out the Vampires sucked so much that they had to come out with an expansion to make them even close to the WW. Ever think about that? And still, looking at their attribute trees.....WWs are still better...even after Dawnguard.

Kage

Actually you seem to be ignoring the fact that, as someone already said, the VL cannot actually grip and pick up a WW. The coding for the WW is written like the Mammoth and Dragon, or very close to it. So therefor, there goes that idea. Also, the time issue means nothing, why? because the strength of the WW is so much higher than the VL that the WW just has to hit the VL like once or twice and its over. Even with all this talk it really does boil down to the individual character though and how they are specd. Im just going on if it were an even level 81VL against an 81 WW with both specd out perk trees.

And as someone else mentioned, and you really should pay attention, you can indeed throw a Werewolf, they are not written like a Mammoth, or anything else. I know this, because as I've said, I've thrown Werewolves before. Again, strength isn't much of a factor, when your being bombed from afar. If you have a really strong guy, who can do massive damage up close, that's great, but it doesn't do much against a sniper whose far away. And again, I'll keep pointing out the transformation factors. Eventually, the Werewolf will have to turn Human again, when he does, it will be destroyed. Even if a Werewolf manages to turn again, it's health will be so low at that point, it will be an easy matter to take out the trash for the VL.

I also think its hilarious how that before Dawnguard came out the Vampires sucked so much that they had to come out with an expansion to make them even close to the WW. Ever think about that? And still, looking at their attribute trees.....WWs are still better...even after Dawnguard.

Yes, they sucked in the beginning, they sucked so bad it was extremely funny. That isn't the case anymore, their better then WW's.

Really, I think many people arguing against me should just go play the VL and get back to me. if you already have played it, then I seriously think that your not putting it to good use, or aren't using it well. I've destroyed whole cities and bandit camp with my VL on Master level. All with vampiric grip. I've taken on two Elder Dragon and come out on top. Werewolves are good, they can do these things, their stats and attributes may be better, but they still can't match up with the spells you get with the VL, not to mention how Versatile it is.

So, if you haven't yet, play the VL. if you say you have, truly have, rather then just saying so, then I suggest you go back and retest the VL, because I think your seriously doubting it's abilities. I'm seeing only a few people on this Thread who think the Werewolf is better. Everyone else I've come across who has played the VL acknowledges that it is much better then the Werewolf.

Don't get me wrong, the WW is awesome. I've stated that it has some amazing power, I'm sure it could win quite a few battles. like I said, it isn't like the VL would win every single time. However, the majority of the wins would go to the VL. I would put money on it, and I rarely do such a thing.

Space Hamster

Im a bow loving Nord Rouge as of now.
You make good points, but it isn't that hard with Vampiric grip, it really isn't. I could easily catch a Werewolf with it and throw him high into the sky. Then I could take care of the other two easily as well. Everyone seems to think that you have to be near a river or mountain, this isn't the case. All a VL has to do is throw you high, and hard against a cliff, or some type of rocky surface. if there isn't one, then the VL just throws you into thee air really high. Trust me, it would be a very easy matter to simply wait until the Werewolf changes back to Human. Now, I know with the ring of Hircine you can turn as much as you want, but that doesn't make it any less of a disadvantage. if you think a VL will just sit idle while you turn, you're sadly mistaken.
No you seriously do have to aim just right to get them unless they are standing still and ten feet away (Lucky bandits find doing so quite fun for unknown reasons). I just see the fight going this way,
VL uses force grip and blasts WW back, WW recovers fast and sprints in at unanticipated speeds, VL uses bats and throws three drain life spells but do to the WW speed only one makes direct impact, VL decides to use Supernatural reflexes but didn't anticipate a large ragdoll attack. WW then proceeds to play tennis not allowing the VL to recover.
Now that was the scenario without the other two Werewolves.

Werewolf! werewolf! werewolf! With the werewolves savage feeding perk i can literally stay a werewolf for days. DAYS! and be massacring everything in sight the whole while

Star Gazer

One vampiric grip could kill a werewolf, just saying. You could throw him off a mountain, or really far in the air. Its all based on how you use them to which ones better. A Dark Elf Vampire Lord at night would have no weaknesses from being a Vampire, just benefits. And [SPOILERS] you could use Auriel's bow to block the sun and travel whenever you want.[END SPOILER]

It's all preference. And how you decide to use it. And Vampiric Grip does work against Werewolves.
what if the werewolf uses the summon werewolf power. You really think you can throw three of them off a cliff before they ragdoll you?

Space Hamster

Im a bow loving Nord Rouge as of now.
Alright, I think this thread has gone a little of course so if it's okay with everyone I'm just going to finish up here. To the chick who started this thread, yes, there are special things for werewolves in this DLC.
Everyone, you are now free to scroll through other forums. Good day.

Star Gazer

Ok... new thing. I made a two new character a few minutes ago. Their names are Werewolf Bill, and Vampire Bob. At level 4 1/2 Bill was already a werewolf, with the Ring of Hircine! Bob had to be at least level 10 to start Dawnguard. With the missions that come before the vamp-lord, he was already level 13 before he could finally turn into a vampire lord. Werewolf Bill was a werewolf with the Ring of Hircine NINE levels before Bob could be a vampire lord. By the time he was level 13 he had already leveled up significantly in the Werewolf skill tree, while poor Bob over here was just starting his journey into vampirism. If they were to face off against one-another, Bill would definitely win. Sure, Bob would have the life-drain spell, but Bill already had Beastial Strength 4/4, Animal Vigor, and gorging! You can have your little Vamp-Lords with their "Detect all Creatures" Perk, while I'm a werewolf with unlimited transformations, AND all the werewolf perks! Suck it Team-Edward!

Valyn

Ok... new thing. I made a two new character a few minutes ago. Their names are Werewolf Bill, and Vampire Bob. At level 4 1/2 Bill was already a werewolf, with the Ring of Hircine! Bob had to be at least level 10 to start Dawnguard. With the missions that come before the vamp-lord, he was already level 13 before he could finally turn into a vampire lord. Werewolf Bill was a werewolf with the Ring of Hircine NINE levels before Bob could be a vampire lord. By the time he was level 13 he had already leveled up significantly in the Werewolf skill tree, while poor Bob over here was just starting his journey into vampirism. If they were to face off against one-another, Bill would definitely win. Sure, Bob would have the life-drain spell, but Bill already had Beastial Strength 4/4, Animal Vigor, and gorging! You can have your little Vamp-Lords with their "Detect all Creatures" Perk, while I'm a werewolf with unlimited transformations, AND all the werewolf perks! Suck it Team-Edward!
You don't have to be level 10, you can just find the cave south of riften, so then you can be any level to start dawnguard. And besides, the vamp lord could just paralyze, and then keep hitting him until he stands up, and then paralyze him again, instant win. Suck it Team-Jacob.

Star Gazer

You don't have to be level 10, you can just find the cave south of riften, so then you can be any level to start dawnguard. And besides, the vamp lord could just paralyze, and then keep hitting him until he stands up, and then paralyze him again, instant win. Suck it Team-Jacob.
but as a level 3 will you be able to defeat the multiple gargoyles that attack you? Good luck trying to fight off the farthest reaches of hell, with your iron sword.

Star Gazer

Hah! you won't see me turning it to easy mode with my fully upgraded WEREWOLF!

Star Gazer

I wouldn't have vamp lord then.
which is exactly why werewolves are better. you get them earlier. Werewolf Bill will already be two steps ahead of the game, while you're playing easy mode, trying to kill the gargoyles with the weapons you found on a dead bandit!

Valyn

which is exactly why werewolves are better. you get them earlier. Werewolf Bill will already be two steps ahead of the game, while you're playing easy mode, trying to kill the gargoyles with the weapons you found on a dead bandit!
Actually, it'd be much faster to get Vampire lord than werewolf, and besides, your "test" is obviously biased towards werewolves.

Valyn

The conclusion of my test is that werewolves are better. Give me some examples of how
Well, for one, it doesn't matter which one you get first, because one could just wait to fight until he's maxed out. And my previous strategy for using a VL is just plain win.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts