• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Kage

The only reason vampires are now superior is due to their infinite intelligence. There is no way a single werewolf can go head up with a vampire lord. Now I want you to think for a second. How would 4 vampire lords fair against 4 intelligent+instinctive werewolves? But before you answer you must understand That Vampires will always be better in skyrim. Due to the fact that video games are unrealistic. Think about it A werewolf could easily pounce on a vampire lord and rip the throat out. Realistically wolves hunt in packs, In werewolf lore they
I'm not talking about outside Skyrim, am I? However, yes, you do have a point. This doesn't mean that their suddenly better though. Vampires can put up one hell of a fight. Underworld is a good example, thanks for pointing it out.

Kage

You know. I just realized something. Werewolves do kinda sorta appear in packs in Skyrim. I mean, with the new Perk Tree, you can call an additional Werewolf to help you, which means you know have Two Powerful Werewolves. Also, just two hours a go, I went head to head with 3 Werewolves, and I destroyed them, granted they did give a small challenge. So, i think I might rethink the whole pack thing.

zane

Just for the record, Lycanthropy + Ring of Hircine + fully maxed claw perk, the vigor perk, and eat more animal perk = extremely powerful badass beast...

Also when I cast armor spells (oak skin etc.) before I transform I can rip apart dragons, after clearing a hold with only half health =3

and I've yet to get the summon two werewolf perk yet... lol, can you say sexy beast?

caravan guard

lone Khajiit
*facepalm* No...it's not.

I doubt you actually facepalmed. but back on topic if you don't know what you're talking about plz don't post things you can't explain. Plz explain what you mean how it's not a realistic view.

I mean the Vampire castle in the movie was based on an ancient european castle. Europe is also the place where Werewolves took off. They were first spotted dragging cows in the forest. 2 years later police would find bodies in the forest that had huge claw marks in the torso. 10 years in time a beast with a long snout destroyed all of the stained glass windows in a local church. Later the police went in the forest looking for the beast they never came out according to the chief. people back than were very religous they believed it was a demon others thought it was a apeman or a wolfman.

This was in wisconsin.the man took the pic in the dark as he heard a noise. this is what he got.
Also the underworld movie I'm talking about is The Rise of The Lycans.

caravan guard

lone Khajiit
Wow it wouldn't let me post the pic

caravan guard

lone Khajiit
A werewolf.jpg

here's the pic
The man said he heard breathing but he couldn't see anything it was to dark,when he heard movement he finally decided to take pic. When the camera flashed he was terrified cuz he saw the thing in his peripheral vision, he said " The beast had no interest in me"

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
The Underworld series is one of the worst depictions of vampires and werewolves I have ever seen. Don't let Hollywood blind you to the actual lore. Seriously, the Harry Potter books/movies had a better understanding of Werewolf lore than the Underworld series.

And what's this nonsense you are going on about? People thinking they actually saw werewolves? LOL, guess that means the Jersey Devil is real too.

And that picture looks like it's that of a bear or a large canine. Which could be a dog or an everyday normal wolf. TRY AGAIN.

caravan guard

lone Khajiit
Ok granted The pic can be anything. but Underworld has a better representations of werewolves then Twilight does which is what I was trying to tell you. I know Werewolf lore. Underworld is the closest one I could think of other than Wolfman. The only reason I didn't chose Wolfman to represent werewolf lore was that many people haven't seen Wolfman. Maybe I should've used Wolfman haha, too late now.

The first sighting of a werewolf was in ancient greece. They weren't called werewolves they were called Lycanthropes. The story was that Zues punished a king by making him into half man half wolf. Lycanthropes weren't as popular as Satyrs,centaurs,or minotaurs due to the fact Lycanthropes only hunted travelers and peasants. they never attracted a hero/demigod's attention.

There was also Anubis and Wepwawet.Anubis was associated in burials until Osiris took him over. Wepwawet was the egyptian god of hunting. Both of this Egyptian gods were portrayed with the head of a jackal. A jackal is basically an african lightweight wolf.

Romulus and Remus founded rome by the help of a mother wolf. Romans also wrote stories about men turning into wolves.The Greeks and Romans even wrote these stories down in their literature.Herodotus in his Histories wrote that the Neuri, a tribe he places to the north-east of Scythia, were all transformed into wolves once every year for several days, and then changed back to their former shape. Vergilius was also familiar with human beings transforming into wolves.

Most werewolf sightings were in europe the actual birthplace of the werewolf. The only werewolf lore in america that had historic background is the native american shape shifters.

Anyways I think If bethesda were true to the lore of The Werewolf then werewolves would pwn vampires all day everyday.

Kage

He's got a point with the Greek myth. I know Greek Mythology well, I taught my class a whole unit on it once, the teacher got to kick back.

caravan guard

lone Khajiit
I think I left out the Roman wolf goddess Lupa but it doesn't matter

Jersey Dagmar

What you are quoting is myths and legends. To me, Werewolves change on the night of the Full Moon, are weak to silver. While the Lycans from Underworld are weak to silver, they can change at will. And were even stated to be a different breed than the normal werewolves. (And in Rise of the Lycans, the feral werewolves could never revert back to their human forms.)

zane

so what you're saying is, you're choosing your own personal lore for werewolves, just like the others are doing... fair enough -- so can we all stop bickering over opinions and personal choices in which lore to use?

caravan guard

lone Khajiit
I use the first and original lore. But yes I'm done bickering

Jersey Dagmar

so what you're saying is, you're choosing your own personal lore for werewolves, just like the others are doing... fair enough -- so can we all stop bickering over opinions and personal choices in which lore to use?

Lore, and myths and legends are two different things. And saying a movie is a good representation for lore is one of the most hilarious things ever. Sorry.

caravan guard

lone Khajiit
-_-

caravan guard

lone Khajiit
Dude they are she's just trolling I think

Space Hamster

Im a bow loving Nord Rouge as of now.
Well coming from the guy who just finished his Werewolf Dawnguard playthrough, I can tell you that wolves are more powerful than the Vampire Lord. They can summon other werewolves, they can deal double the damage they used to, and you can get a 100 point increase in stamina and health when you transform into one. So all in all they are pretty beast in Dawnguard (no pun intended).
Also, if you want to know how to transform into a werewolf unlimited times in a day just ask, unless you already know (not a glitch).

zane

^ lol pun TOTALLY intended and you know it xD

-- and I've been dropping hints about the ring in various posts all day xD

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts