• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Star Gazer

yeah that's what I was thinking of... except it's two of the most badass things in the game, versus all of Tamriel!

Space Hamster

Im a bow loving Nord Rouge as of now.
@Lucas76020: Ok, fine. I admit it. A werewolf would probably win in a fight if it was high enough level to resist corpse curse. But at least admit that in any other fight where that was not so, a VL would win without breaking a sweat. You know it's true, stop being so stubborn.

@Space Hamster: This is a pvp fight, you can't scare a non-AI with a fear spell.
....are you serious? You're telling me that a werewolf can't use roar of terror because a player is controlling the VL? THE POINT OF THE ROAR IS TO LOSE CONTROL. my god....
Have you ever seen a game called World of Warcraft? Real people play it yet a fear spell works on their character. You can't seriously be so naive.

Night Reigns

Assassin- Master of the Bow
Uh... How about you each play your own way, and not give a damn about what everyone else thinks? :)

Jonnystorm19

No one, and I mean no one on here must realize how much health and stamina mean in a game like Skyrim. You cant sit there and say all day long that "O im gunna grip you and throw you off some stupid something or ill drain your life," blah blah blah. I have 2 level 81s. One being a WW, and the other was a WW who when dawnguard came out became a VL. Both have full perk trees and I can safely say that I can survive longer, and hit WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY harder with my WW than I can even think about doing with my VL. So, once again I will say......IT DOESNT MATTER HOW MANY TIMES YOU GRIP, THROW, OR DRAIN A WW WITH A FULL PERK TREE, IF THEY HAVE WAY MORE HEALTH AND STAMINA THAN THE VL!!!! The WW will outlast, and out hit a VL all day long. And if you try to bring up the argument that "O if the WW is far away theyre screwed because of the VLs blah whatever crap". NO. just No.... When the WW is faster than anything else on the Game (which they are when sprinting, aside from Dragons of course) THAT MEANS NOTHINGGGGGGGGGGG!!! you wont catch them until its to late. Im sorry people but just get of the VL Dick please. They are not that good. I have one..my brothers character is one. People just like them because they are something new and they can transform at will. Big deal. That doesnt change the fact that they are weak, and that their wings are stupid looking (just a side thought on the wings lol). But seriously....Stop bragging about the VL. they just cannot compare to the WW. I like both, honestly i do, but im tired of seeing people on here say that the VL is better when they just arent. They are just to stubborn to admit when they are truly wrong on a subject, when multiple people have provided PROOF that the WW is better. GET OVER IT! That is all.

Kage

You know, I'm done with this discussion. However, I will say, that the fight would be as equal as possible, Corpse Curse will work. A Werewolf is a brute force character, and as much as people think so, brute force doesn't trump everything.

You can't get anywhere with someone unwilling to acknowledge the points you make. It's like trying to move a huge rock. Good discussion, VL's would win, and until you actually play the VL, I refuse to discuss this with people.

zane

not better, the phrase is "win more in a battle"
each has it's own pros and cons -- and depending on your play style either can be "best" for a different situation.

got 100 strong warriors coming after you WW

if you're taking down a tower that has enemies at high elevations that are hard to reach, VL

Kage

You're calling me narrow minded? You think a guy tossing up some jogging giants is the equivalent to facing three werewolves that have 700 health a piece. You know what? I'm done with your crap. If you want to sit on you're computer talking about how great Vampire Lord's are and accuse anyone else with a different opinion of being narrow minded than have fun with that you hypocritical idiot.

Oh, and I wanted to reply to this. The giants weren't the point, my dear narrow minded friend. The point, is how easy and how far you can throw something. You tell me, how could you be able to do anything at all when being tossed through the air repeatedly? I've acknowledged that the Werewolves are awesome, I love them, I've stated they might win a lot of battles with the VL. Have you done the same for the VL? I haven't seen the comment, so please direct me to it if you have.

having a biased or illiberal viewpoint; bigoted, intolerant, or prejudiced

That is what narrow minded is. You refuse to acknowledge, even a little bit that the VL might outclass the Werewolf, or beat it. Your prejudice, frustrated, and get angry quite easily. Your refuse to acknowledge the VL in anyway is narrow mindedness. I'm looking at the facts as I see them. I don't see Brute Force winning against a VL, I don't see a Werewolf able to do a damn thing when being continuously tossed through the air. I recognize it could win. In fact, I know it would. However, the majority of the wins, would go to the VL In fact, it's such a close call, that it really just depends on your preference. That is the point I've been trying to make. As anyone with enough brain cells should realize, clearly you lack the brain power. I believe the VL would win the majority, why is this a bad thing? I've stated why, and at every turn I am met with pure denial, and refusal to recognize my points. if you believe otherwise, then fine, that's you. However, the only thing I've been getting is that two Werewolves would be summoned and you would be beat down. That's all I've been hearing. I've said that that is solved: Don't give the Werewolf a chance to do so, continue to throw them around until they turn Human, which you also refuse to recognize, and then own them.

My final word on this matter is this: I like WW's, I do. Their great in every way. However, my personal opinion is that VL's would win the majority of the battles. Accept my opinion, or don't. If you do disagree, have the fluffing curtsey to at least debate properly.

Kage

I went looking for other opinions. I'll list the ones I find that support both the Werewolf and VL:

)As I've said in a couple of topics now, if I had to make a choice based on pure utility/power it would be the vampire lord. It does similar damage to the werewolf in terms of melee damage when both are fully maxed out and it has the ring of the beast on (tested with both at level 37). Though the werewolf is obviously better than the vampire lord at melee. It receives a bigger boost to it's attributes(health/magicka boosts are bigger for the lord, while it still gets a stamina boost), and has more versatile powers. In addition, it constantly regenerates health. And if wearing the amulet of the bat and in close combat it is always draining health from opponents. All of the defensive spells that people use for werewolf also benefit the vampire lord as well. And necromage still impacts the Vampire Lord. That doesn't mean the werewolf isn't good: it is awesome. But if it comes down to which is "better", I think it is pretty clearly the vampire lord.

True.

I'm a fan of both, but ultimately I'd say vampire lord for the sheer versatility and utility. Werewolves have superior physical skills but that and a single howl (that they have to go back to the underforge to change) is all they have.

What a good point. Say? Haven't I brought that up before?

Yes, Werewolves are a much more powerful transformation. They wouldn't be that great, but if you use your shout button while a werewolf, you do a massive roar which makes all enemies around you run away scared. This means what while a werewolf, if you roar every few minutes, nothing can ever attack you.

Good point, but not effective on Higher, equal leveled things. like the VL. Still, good point.

Werewolves seems more stronger in melee attacks and scare people to brake a multi attack group easier.
Another good point to how awesome WW's are.
To illustrate what I mean, lets first look at what the Vampire lord gets that the werewolf doesn't. The biggest thing the vampire Lord has is a ranged attack. A very powerful ranged attack at that, which also restores health. The werewolf is forced to stick to melee. Now, they're very strong in melee, but a powerful ranged character (i.e. Dragon Priests) can do a lot of damage to them while they close the distance. When you also consider the healing properties of the Vampire's ranged attack against the werewolf having to feed to heal and it gets even more one sided.

The Vampire also gets a number of abilities that allow it to escape harm (mistform, bats, etc.). These are, of course, to help it stay out of melee range, but the werewolf doesn't get anything to help it get into melee range other than a slightly increased sprint speed.

Also true.

I'm done quoting, but the point is that their both fairly good. It boils down to what you prefer, but I clearly see the VL winning.

Star Gazer

Oh, and I wanted to reply to this. The giants weren't the point, my dear narrow minded friend. The point, is how easy and how far you can throw something. You tell me, how could you be able to do anything at all when being tossed through the air repeatedly? I've acknowledged that the Werewolves are awesome, I love them, I've stated they might win a lot of battles with the VL. Have you done the same for the VL? I haven't seen the comment, so please direct me to it if you have.
They could only do this because they were out in the open, and vamplord was never in any danger, sure, giants are huge, and can 1-hit. But werewolves are fast, and if you were anywhere other than on a cliff, or in the open plains outside whiterun, you will get caught up to, even with the vamplord floating off. Say we are in a cave, any cave will do. The werewolf will see you, summon brotherhood, and rush you. You will be panicking and trying to catch all three werewolves at the same time, and throw them. Even if you get one, he will not be at any disadvantage, except for about 3 seconds of vulnerability. You will not have enough time to catch all of them, you will not have enough time to kill all of them, you will have enough space to cast your gargoyle, but not enough room to make your vampiric grip useful at all.

Kage

^ Funny, I have glasses. Also, funny, is that I remember you stating that a VL could indeed win after testing it out for yourself, change of heart? Even so, and I'll keep stressing this, it's your preference, it's your game. However, I see the VL winning. if you disagree, debate the point with facts and counter my arguments. None of this has happened so far.

Star Gazer

^ Funny, I have glasses. Also, funny, is that I remember you stating that a VL could indeed win after testing it out for yourself, change of heart? Even so, and I'll keep stressing this, it's your preference, it's your game. However, I see the VL winning. if you disagree, debate the point with facts and counter my arguments. None of this has happened so far.
vampies are useful, but only if you have the proper criteria. It has to be night, you have to see the werewolf first, the werewolf has to be far away, the werewolf has to be low enough of a level so that he doesnt have animal vigor (or much health or stamina at all). If the criteria doesn't match, the vamplord will be dinner for the werewolves. They are too high-maintenance to keep up with 24/7

Valyn

If you want to reply, use the Reply button at the bottom right, and you don't need to delete the persons name either. But you like to forget all the things that lucas is saying, and just reply back, "I see the VL winning."

Star Gazer

I never stated that VLs were better. I was neutral until my test, and realized that werewolves are better.

Kage

I do reply to it. he's been saying the same thing over and over. I've replied to it and have no further comments on them. it's your responsibility to go looking for my comments.

vampies are useful, but only if you have the proper criteria. It has to be night, you have to see the werewolf first, the werewolf has to be far away, the werewolf has to be low enough of a level so that he doesnt have animal vigor (or much health or stamina at all). If the criteria doesn't match, the vamplord will be dinner for the werewolves. They are too high-maintenance to keep up with 24/7

Again, reading comprehension is key. I've already stated that the sun doesn't matter, you just shoot it out and it goes by by. So, no, it doesn't have to be night. The Werewolf doesn't have to be far away at all. You seem to think all you need is one hit, this isn't so. Both would be equal in level.

Star Gazer

You seem to think all you need is one hit, this isn't so. Both would be equal in level.
You do only need one hit. The forward power attack for the werewolf sends them to the ground, and once you are on the ground you are NOT GETTING BACK UP. You don't see that? As I have mentioned before, vamplords are like mosquitos. Sure they fly around and maybe sting you a little bit, but if you smack them once, they are out for the count. This is the same idea with the werewolves. Sure the vamplords fly around, maybe throw a bloodbomb at you or vampiric grab your summoned werewolf, but once you power attack once, they are down on the ground, and the only thing you have to do is clean up the mess, keep them on the ground, and you will be good to go. I'm not saying a vampire lord couldn't do damage to me, I'm just saying that, if they get hit EVEN ONCE, they are dead.

zane

I could of sworn we were done with this

._. facts have been stated, and now all of you are just throwing major opinions back and forth lol.

Star Gazer

not an opinion... it only takes one power attack to chop a vampire lord down on his back, the only thing you need to do for a kill is hit him while he's down with you and your two other werewolves.

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
This thread has been fun. Watching everyone get all mad and curse each other out over two badass creatures. It's great. Unity. I'm telling you. We'd be unstoppable. ;) VL can kill a WW. A WW can kill a VL. A Silverhand can kill a WW and a Dawnguard can kill a VL. We are all killable. That’s it. :D But keep it coming, loving the responses. Damn, this thread has morphed significantly from the original post.

Star Gazer

This thread has been fun. Watching everyone get all mad and curse each other out over two badass creatures. It's great. Unity. I'm telling you. We'd be unstoppable. ;) VL can kill a WW. A WW can kill a VL. A Silverhand can kill a WW and a Dawnguard can kill a VL. We are all killable. That’s it. :D But keep it coming, loving the responses. Damn, this thread has morphed significantly from the original post.
The people must know the truth!!! :p

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts