• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Torok

I ave a new character that I've been playing with for a few weeks now. His name is Dandre, he's a Breton middle class mage. When he first came to Skyrim his only goal was to help out in whatever way he could, he was a humble man often doing lowly tasks just to help out. When Dragonbridge was attacked by 3 werewolves he was infected with lycanthropy. It took 3 days for him to turn his first time, he fed on everything he could. After reverting back to his real form he remembered all the people he had killed in his animalistic rage. He went to the Temple of Kynereth in hopes of finding a cure, when the priests couldn't help him he went into a rage, he then landed in jail for a week. His mind was going and a more dark, evil side began to emerge. He no longer cared about helping, all he wanted to do was look after his own interests and feed. He then joined the DB and assassinated targets to satisfy his bloodlust. Before he ever joined he found love, in Riften right after he paid a visit to the orphanage and had dinner there, he met Marcurio. Dandre felt comfortable around him, as if Marc eased the burden of his ailment and calmed him. He didn't see prey in Marc, but a mate. Hiding his assassin life and his werewolf half proved to be not so difficult, he would never take Marc with him when he had a job to do, and he found he could control his werewolf side around him, often staving off bloodlust by sneaking a bit of raw, bloody meat. After Dandre killed the Emperor and paid for the new sanctuary, he never went back yet, taking a break to explore Dwarven ruins with his mate. Marc encouraged Dandre to do good things for others, such as clearing out a den of bandits or giving gems to Talon. Dandre is forced to be a hero to appease the only one he still loves. After an encounter with a dragon in the wilderness Dandre is convinced by Marc that he has to go see the Greybeards (He ignored their call the first time, having more important things to do.) He yet again has to act like the good guy and save the land from dragons and learn the way of the voice. Yet, it seems like all he wants to do is go to Solstiem and rip Mirrak's head off for trying to kill him. Marc convinced Dandre that it is better to secure things in Skyrim first before going after an assassin in another land. Dandre will be taking care of the dragons, bu there is another threat, vampires. To him vampires are an annoyance, a constant annoyance, he will be inclined to deal with them by joining the Dawnguard. He will leave Marc at Fort Dawnguard while he goes to investigate Dimhollow. He will unwantingly help Serana, but when he sees Harkon's power, he wants it. But, there is a problem, Marc is still at Fort Dawnguard and if Dandre accepts this gift he will most likely lose the only man he loves. The Dawnguard aren't going to just let Dandre walk in and take his mate back after they see what he has become.

So, what should he do from a Roleplay perspective? Maybe he should leave Marc in Riften instead?

P.S. I've cheated the werewolf form into Dandre using console commands, so a Werewolf/Vampire shouldn't be a problem.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I ave a new character that I've been playing with for a few weeks now. His name is Dandre, he's a Breton middle class mage. When he first came to Skyrim his only goal was to help out in whatever way he could, he was a humble man often doing lowly tasks just to help out. When Dragonbridge was attacked by 3 werewolves he was infected with lycanthropy. It took 3 days for him to turn his first time, he fed on everything he could. After reverting back to his real form he remembered all the people he had killed in his animalistic rage. He went to the Temple of Kynereth in hopes of finding a cure, when the priests couldn't help him he went into a rage, he then landed in jail for a week. His mind was going and a more dark, evil side began to emerge. He no longer cared about helping, all he wanted to do was look after his own interests and feed. He then joined the DB and assassinated targets to satisfy his bloodlust. Before he ever joined he found love, in Riften right after he paid a visit to the orphanage and had dinner there, he met Marcurio. Dandre felt comfortable around him, as if Marc eased the burden of his ailment and calmed him. He didn't see prey in Marc, but a mate. Hiding his assassin life and his werewolf half proved to be not so difficult, he would never take Marc with him when he had a job to do, and he found he could control his werewolf side around him, often staving off bloodlust by sneaking a bit of raw, bloody meat. After Dandre killed the Emperor and paid for the new sanctuary, he never went back yet, taking a break to explore Dwarven ruins with his mate. Marc encouraged Dandre to do good things for others, such as clearing out a den of bandits or giving gems to Talon. Dandre is forced to be a hero to appease the only one he still loves. After an encounter with a dragon in the wilderness Dandre is convinced by Marc that he has to go see the Greybeards (He ignored their call the first time, having more important things to do.) He yet again has to act like the good guy and save the land from dragons and learn the way of the voice. Yet, it seems like all he wants to do is go to Solstiem and rip Mirrak's head off for trying to kill him. Marc convinced Dandre that it is better to secure things in Skyrim first before going after an assassin in another land. Dandre will be taking care of the dragons, bu there is another threat, vampires. To him vampires are an annoyance, a constant annoyance, he will be inclined to deal with them by joining the Dawnguard. He will leave Marc at Fort Dawnguard while he goes to investigate Dimhollow. He will unwantingly help Serana, but when he sees Harkon's power, he wants it. But, there is a problem, Marc is still at Fort Dawnguard and if Dandre accepts this gift he will most likely lose the only man he loves. The Dawnguard aren't going to just let Dandre walk in and take his mate back after they see what he has become.

So, what should he do from a Roleplay perspective? Maybe he should leave Marc in Riften instead?

P.S. I've cheated the werewolf form into Dandre using console commands, so a Werewolf/Vampire shouldn't be a problem.
WOW, when you RP, you really RP! I am impressed. :)

Torok

Yes, I do. Thanks.

Ok, I think I figured out a plan. Using some more mods, I'll leave Marc at the fort and become a vampire, make my way back to the fort disguised as a farmer or a member of the Dawnguard and change my appearance. I'll have Dandre tell Marc that his partner is at the inn in Riften and that he's injured. Dandre will then hurry back to the inn and beat Marc there where he will then get out of his disguise and pretend that he's injured, scaring Marc into believing that if he can't beat vampires then they shouldn't be fighting such dangerous creatures. After a few days of rest they'll go back to their old ways of adventuring, but they'll go at night only. Dandre half lies that the his encounter with vampires made him sensitive to the sun or something. I'll have him also lie that the potions of blood he's always drinking are something else.

Yes, their relationship is based off of lies and deception, but the love is all real.

Pete

Sounds to me like its in Dandre's nature to rip apart his foes. I actually surprised he hasn't turned on Marc while in beast form. Pack type / caring relationships are unheard of with vampires. Every vampire is out for his/her self. Always. regardless of whether its actually possible to be both beast and vamp. Vamp and Beast natures conflict. The dawnguard are more like a pack. Harkons court is riddled with distrust.

I'm currently playing a vamp who just slew Harkon, my favorite dialog choice before I killed him -- its mine now; his response; said like a true vampire.

Play the beast form out and have a ball. Leave the vampire quest line for a true vamp character. If you do become a vamp, your first personal vamp quest should be to kill Marc.

If strongly recommend better vampires by Brehanin when your ready. Playing a vamp is so different from the beast.

Torok

Dandre has never went into beast form while he's with Marc. Marc calms down the animal inside of him, that and Dandre sneaks raw meat while Marc's not looking so he can quiet down the need for blood. And I see how you came to that conclusion and you are right, there is hardly any kinship with vampires, but with werewolves that's another story.

Alright.

I was thinking if I play a vamp that I should turn Marc into a vamp too.

I already have a set of vampire mods lined up for when I do decide to go for vampire.
Yeah, it is, vampire characters take a lot to maintain.

Pete

The only vamp mod i use is better vampires. Doesn't break and quests and gives you a real feeling of being a vamp. Nothing like not having healing potions work, you and can only rely on vampire drain and blood potions. It will also let you turn followers into vamps.

As for Beast form, consider having a few uncontrolled, random transforations, etc... Check out this posts

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
The only vamp mod i use is better vampires. Doesn't break and quests and gives you a real feeling of being a vamp. Nothing like not having healing potions work, you and can only rely on vampire drain and blood potions. It will also let you turn followers into vamps.

As for Beast form, consider having a few uncontrolled, random transforations, etc... Check out this posts
Those seem like both of them are great mods. I always wondered about the healing potions working on vamps (never played one and was under the impression that, even in vanilla, they didn't work) and, I would have thought as a novice were you wouldn't have complete control over your transformations (particularly at full moons), although, as you became more experienced you would. Cool mods. I'll need to look for them if I ever get around to installing SR on my computer.

Torok

I'll use Better Dawnguard Vampires.

I used to make Dandre transform once a week and have him go on rampages. His mind in his human form got affected by the beast blood coursing through him. He settles his lust for blood and for the hunt by eating raw meat or undercooked meat. I've had him transform and eat a few fresh kills while he had left Marc at an inn for the night, the allure of a few fresh vigilant of Stendarr corpses laying on the side of the road was just too good to pass up. I've also considered having him involved in the taste of death quest where he secretly becomes a cannibal, but IDK about that one.

Pete

You and your secrets! You reek of honor, yet your a beast!​
Taste of death works great with a character that has beast form, heavy armor, 2H. Wolf eats em in beast form, and you do the rest :) A great play thru and Eola makes a great follower.​

Torok

Yes, Dandre pretends to be the hero when he's around Marc, but he's anything but when the two separate. Their relationship is based on nothing but lies and deceptions. Dandre only saved the world because of Marc.

Dandre's a spellsword that uses light armored robes. But I see why a heavey armored two handed warrior would go good with beast form.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts