werewolf or vampire

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

boregorey7

You talking rp wise? Or more for combat? I wanna go vamp to synergizw with my illusion dark style gameplay and it sounds legit lore wise. It's up to you really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boregorey7

I haven't really done vamp yet but I wasn't amazed by the werewolf stuff truthfully just the sprinting is nice lol. I've heard vamp has some pretty dope ish

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
I haven't really done vamp yet but I wasn't amazed by the werewolf stuff truthfully just the sprinting is nice lol. I've heard vamp has some pretty dope ish

The Werewolf is amazing. You can ragdoll or stunlock just about any enemy in the game, and the extreme mobility makes you unstoppable on open ground, to say nothing of the damage. The werewolf is 10/10, it just requires a higher skill ceiling.

Hellknight Anna

Empress of the Inferno
Depends on which type of combat you want.... If you're a melee type... go Werewolf. You wont' regret it. If you're a mage type.. Vampire Lord. But then again Vampire Lord is still pretty OP by itself, but less cool kill animations. Werewolf you can really get up in their faces and tear them apart (it's awesome). Me personally I always go Vampire Lord though :p You just continually become unstoppable as you level up your vampire perks ((Then again I also run some vampire mods though.... like Better Vampires)) so... not really sure if my opinion can help in this case lol

Staff member
Depends on which type of combat you want.... If you're a melee type... go Werewolf. You wont' regret it. If you're a mage type.. Vampire Lord. But then again Vampire Lord is still pretty OP by itself, but less cool kill animations. Werewolf you can really get up in their faces and tear them apart (it's awesome). Me personally I always go Vampire Lord though :p You just continually become unstoppable as you level up your vampire perks ((Then again I also run some vampire mods though.... like Better Vampires)) so... not really sure if my opinion can help in this case lol
Vampire Lord is easier to play, has more toys, is easier to power up, and is more convenient after using it myself. You basically have built in life steel and can kite anything. You don't have to buy rings or do quests for totems, or do a daedric quest for a special ring or anything to power it up. It gets a larger variety of attacks via the spells you unlock with perks. And you can transform at will making it much easier to collect loot and go through doors.

That said, I personally enjoy the werewolf much much more due to the (imo) higher skill ceiling and I also just find melee combat more interesting than backing up and throwing spells (feels mindless and monotonous to me).

Hellknight Anna

Empress of the Inferno
Well I agreed with everything up till the last part :p There is nothing mindless about using tactics to maneuver around the battlefield and using spells to bring down your enemies in variety ((unless you mean getting up in their face and swinging your claws continuously as "feels mindless and monotonous" xD))

But... that being said, is not always a bad thing. To me a werewolf is a beast that is unleashed and so your primal instincts have (or should be) taken over therefore.. while not truly "mindless", feels to me these primal predators should feel more mindless and monotonous. Ripping their enemies apart and devouring their hearts/flesh. A vampire is classically a methodical creature using wits and tactics to outsmart their foes instead of blind rage.

Staff member
Well I agreed with everything up till the last part :p There is nothing mindless about using tactics to maneuver around the battlefield and using spells to bring down your enemies in variety ((unless you mean getting up in their face and swinging your claws continuously as "feels mindless and monotonous" xD))

But... that being said, is not always a bad thing. To me a werewolf is a beast that is unleashed and so your primal instincts have (or should be) taken over therefore.. while not truly "mindless", feels to me these primal predators should feel more mindless and monotonous. Ripping their enemies apart and devouring their hearts/flesh. A vampire is classically a methodical creature using wits and tactics to outsmart their foes instead of blind rage.
I do not find constantly backing up and throwing giant AoE hp drain balls of doom while laughing at stuff because it literally can't touch me if I hold the analogue stick backwards, much less do enough damage to matter, as particularly engaging (that's what my experience has been at least). You don't even really need to use half the abilities the vampire lord gets in most situations, literally just back pedal and throw spells.

With the Werewolf you don't get HP drain, and you have to get close to enemies in order to ragdoll and damage them. If you're playing on a difficulty and are running a character in which you aren't broken, then you really have to play strategically in terms of knocking down threats that can do large amounts of damage to you (such as spellcasters), using your mobility to play around threats and hit and run if the enemy calls for it, and picking and choosing when to eat a downed enemy in order to heal, leaving you vulnerable. Those sorts of things tie into each in that you've got to knock down larger threats and lead smaller ones away so that you can isolate weak links and create sources of healing by killing them off and eating them while their friends attempt to catch up.

The Werewolf transformation absolutely nails the feeling of being an apex predator for me. And the Vampire nails the feeling of being above common hands (most things literally can't touch me even if I'm only pack pedalling, and if I invest actual tactical thought into it most enemies are 100% helpless and can't even lay a finger one me).

Hellknight Anna

Empress of the Inferno
What I'm saying is werewolf form = "run up and slash" is all you /can/ do... as a Vampire Lord you have options (the bat swarm defense, Gargoyles, the "Force Grip" to lift and throw enemies off high surfaces, yes the AoE life drain, go on the ground and use poisoned claws in melee if you want to go melee... not recommended though. The VL is meant to be used as a ranged character (hence why I suggest if they prefer mages or hell even rogues) then VL would be the best way to go.

There are tactics no matter which way you go :p And exactly why I love VL "Enemies are 100% helpless and can't even lay a finger on me" xD MUWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Vampires are OP and I f***ing love it <3

Staff member
What I'm saying is werewolf form = "run up and slash" is all you /can/ do... as a Vampire Lord you have options (the bat swarm defense, Gargoyles, the "Force Grip" to lift and throw enemies off high surfaces, yes the AoE life drain, go on the ground and use poisoned claws in melee if you want to go melee... not recommended though. The VL is meant to be used as a ranged character (hence why I suggest if they prefer mages or hell even rogues) then VL would be the best way to go.

There are tactics no matter which way you go :p And exactly why I love VL "Enemies are 100% helpless and can't even lay a finger on me" xD MUWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Vampires are OP and I f***ing love it <3
Don't forget the one restoration perk... Necromage. That perk makes vampires the most OP character build in the game.

KittenWarrior

Yeah, but who likes not regenerating health in the sun?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts