1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
    Dismiss Notice

Werewolf or Vampire

Discussion in 'Dawnguard' started by BR1LL DYL 771, Mar 3, 2014.

?

Werewolf or Vampire

1. Werewolf

54.8%
  2. Vampire

45.2%
  1. Jeremius

Jeremius Guest

Really? You do not need to even bother with most of the diseases using potions. The only disease you NEED potions for if you are not a werewolf or vampire lord is Sanguinare Vampiris, and that is mostly for Vamp lairs.

2. Daelon DuLac

Daelon DuLac How do you backstab a Dragon?

True.

3. Jeremius

Jeremius Guest

What I mean, for people who did not understand is that Sanguinare Vampiris is the only disease that has some sort of urgency to it, where as other diseases are not that bad.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Argonian Skyrim

vampire lord is powerful then you animal mutts.

5. Annageckos

Annageckos Well-Known Member

I'm playing my first vampire ever and having a blast with it. BUT, I love my werewolves too. I like them both, but I think werewolves beat vampires by a little bit for me. I really can't wait to get a PC to run skyrim so I can make both werewolves and vampires better.

6. FullmetalHeart20

FullmetalHeart20 Well-Known Member

Rather poor grammar though, for centuries old aristocrats. :p

7. Amradel

Amradel Member

I have always preferred Werewolves over Vampires. Though I haven't tried being a Vampire on Skyrim yet...
    I probably will if I get Dawnguard. I just find the idea of being a Werewolf much more exiting. It's also fun running through Falkreaths forests chasing deer...

8. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Member

Vampire is way better, if you enjoy being overpowered. I used to be a werewolf person myself, always saying that werewolves were better, until I tried the vampire lord form in Skyrim. That pretty much won me over instantly.

9. Daelon DuLac

VL can indeed by OP, unless you seriously RP the situation. Since you really can't go Lord anywhere near civilization without getting major fines, it helps me to limit my use and, as a regular vampire, I'm not really all that OP.

10. flamingor

flamingor New Member

The vampire lord transformation was pretty cool but I found it too much of a hassle to control during actual combat. Being a werewolf is more easier for me since its pretty much just clawing at the enemy and running away.

11. Whitewolf2578

Whitewolf2578 New Member

Well as a Werewolf you never have to worry about the sunlight or having to feed which I always thought were annoying. I like to experience the game during the daytime and you can't really do that as a vampire because the longer you are exposed to the sunlight the more you want to feed. Plus Werewolves are just cooler!

12. DrunkenMage

DrunkenMage Intoxicated Arch-Mage

Werewolves have better kill animations, ripping folks heads off or lifting them off the ground and biting them, then tossing the corpse off to the side.

13. T. Rakinson

T. Rakinson A Brute among Beasts

VL's dont even GET kill cams, unless you inlcude the bite.
    I go werewolf, but without DLC's I find them rather bland. I wish the Werewolf perk tree (along with several other things) had been introduced in an update, rather than Dawnguard. Same with Vampires (boring, not the perk tree).

I had an awesome moment in beast form a few days ago. Was doing 'A new source of Stalhrim' on Solstheim. Bought the Frostmoon pack ring that gives werewolves brief slow time, then jumped off the hill and cleaved my way through the Thalmor below. It lasted just over ten seconds, my slow time hadnt even worn off.
    Beat that, Vampires

• Like Like x 1
  14. eashwell25

eashwell25 New Member

Don't become a vampire, 1 if you like being out during the day time you are screwed. 2 if you become a wherewolf you can run longer.

Sent from my NX785QC8G using Tapatalk

15. davidgraham

davidgraham New Member

Does anyone think that a hybrid role is possible? Is it?

16. davidgraham

davidgraham New Member

So whats about having both the qualities at the same time.

17. davidgraham

davidgraham New Member

I agree

18. socalgamer

socalgamer Member

Finished the main quest line and other guild quests on first few play throughs so now doing this DLC.

Well I am playing the Dawnstar DLC now and was going to do the Companion quests to become a werewolf and to marry Aela but looking at the cool powers in vampire lord that can change the mind quickly! Especially with the cheats and mods on PC.

Is it possible to use mods to marry Aela and still become a vampire lord?

Right now the god mode helps as I boosted to 121 level and had an entire army of Draugr Deathlord attack me on the first Companions dungeon quest. Farkas was tough though and using conjure spells along with cyclone and dragon breath were good at tossing the hordes around. The charm spell even got the Draugr deathlords to calm down and not aggro.

19. Daelon DuLac

You can always marry Aela. Just marry her before you become a vamp and you can have the best of both worlds. Vamp cures WW anyway and vice-versa.

• Like Like x 1
  20. socalgamer

socalgamer Member

Cool sounds like I will do the Companion questline and then the Dawnguard DLC quest. No need to replay main quest line and other factions as I can get followers with mods and having god mode makes it a moot point.

: Vampire, Werewolf