• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Verac

Hello, im new to the forums mainly signed on to ask a simple and understandable question to my dilemma. I love werewolves, always have always will but ingame i normally never used it unless for fun or if i really need it and now that im starting to use it more ((currently level 27)) im getting butchered my damage is that of a butterknife, i get massacred by mediocre bandits ((they had iron and steel weapons)) as well as bows, so my question is, is this a scaling glitch that will be fixed?((hope so seems bethesda put ALOT of effort into werewolves sync kills, models totems ETC and i love being a werewolf))

Verac

I think the problem is they did not scale the "weapon" damage of the werewolf's claws. Try to power attack more, and use speed to your advantage.
i do, trust me i do i power attack 90% of the time but the damage is just. plain. horrid. not to mention arrows ALWAYS find they're mark i swear bandit archers have bionic eyes or something i could be sprinting and dodging and ill always get hit, also i mean arnt werewolves strong against normal weapons i read only silver daedric and glass weapons really tear them up...i was getting 2-3 shotted by bandits with iron and steel weapons and mind you i am a shield warrior with a crap ton of hp ((cant give total ammount forgot))

Leviathan

Charging power attack is where it's at :)
Sprint at an enemy then activate a power attack and you'll lunge at them. Slightly tricky to get used to but I'm one-shotting guards with it :D

Verac

Charging power attack is where it's at :)
Sprint at an enemy then activate a power attack and you'll lunge at them. Slightly tricky to get used to but I'm one-shotting guards with it :D
Well kinda lackluster to spam lunge, and i know about it im just saying your a god damn werewolf, you should be able to stand and be a human meat grinder albeit using a little dodging effort and howls, i mean its not like they're OP they have several things to keep them balanced, cant heal unless eating a corpse, cant use menu cant use potions, cant even use hotkeys and worst of all can only use it once a day, unless u have the ring of hircine which allows 2 times. my point is they have plenty of cons so why cant they keep they're pros at higher levels? better yet in general werewolf shouldent be a level specific ability it should be a fun/useful ability to use at any level without being butchered like a child and ive even heard 1h perks and light armor perks affect werewolves? come on. werewolves are suppose to be just natrually deadly being affected by perks takes away the fun for mage/2h using chars or heavy armor wearers like me ive even read ebony blade is the same way((Also wtf is ebony blade doing being a 2h??)) i cant even tell if these are meant to be or glitchs but given new vegas's notorious rep of being glitchy as a mofo id say glitchs Bethesda. PLEASE FIX THIS

NikolaTesla

Admiral Sunna Kyndai
Its a scaling glitch I'm sure, i can take on multiple dragons as a werewolf and be fine, if you submit the problem to Bethesda, they'll probably fix it in the next patch. Just try to fight in your human form more.

Verac

Its a scaling glitch I'm sure, i can take on multiple dragons as a werewolf and be fine, if you submit the problem to Bethesda, they'll probably fix it in the next patch. Just try to fight in your human form more.
you misunderstand what im getting at, i -HAVE- to fight in my human form as i mentioned i hardly ever used werewolf form due to its......cons my point is i WANT to use it more even at low level i didnt use it much but that was mainly due to not thinking about it. but now that im high level i want to use it and now get butchered due to no scaling and perk affected

Verac

Also i see no "tech help" on the forums, hence why i posted here if someone could possibly link me the tech forum id be most aperciative

NikolaTesla

Admiral Sunna Kyndai
"tech forum"......... hmm..... we don't really have one. Just list your system as a prefix when you first make a thread.

3v3r

I have scale-itch... Don't ask how I got it.
I also have this problem in wolf form. I feel your pain.

Finalchrono

Time Bandit
"Tech Help" actually goes under "Skyrim Help" because it's just a general help section. Also, there isn't much balance in this game as far as damage goes. Destruction magic has no scaling period, yet swords can do 100-200 damage a hit.

Verac

"Tech Help" actually goes under "Skyrim Help" because it's just a general help section. Also, there isn't much balance in this game as far as damage goes. Destruction magic has no scaling period, yet swords can do 100-200 damage a hit.

Destruction isnt really meant to scale....thats what buying diffrent spells are for exsample Flames-Firebolt-fireball-firewall

Finalchrono

Time Bandit
Have you played a destruction character? I, at level 10 had firebolt and fired it at a draugyr and it did about 10-15% of his life. Where is the balance here? Also, dual casting ice storm at a vampire should do more damage than around 20% of its life. Keep in mind this is a regular vampire.

Edit: I also forgot to mention that I have the 10% increase in damage from dual casting + 25% increase damage for ice perk.

Verac

Have you played a destruction character? I, at level 10 had firebolt and fired it at a draugyr and it did about 10-15% of his life. Where is the balance here? Also, dual casting ice storm at a vampire should do more damage than around 20% of its life. Keep in mind this is a regular vampire.

Edit: I also forgot to mention that I have the 10% increase in damage from dual casting + 10% increase damage for ice perk.

Vampires are undead, and are notably very weak against fire, why your using ice against an undead, is beyond me even if u do have the perk also wat kind of draugyr was it? a restless draugyr can take quite a few fire bolts and any higher will take alot of fire bolts. also melee dousnt scale, it may seem like it buti ts because of its perk((i believe)), the more you put in the perk the more they "scale" also i made another topic, but oh well either ones fine so long as the creators see it.

Finalchrono

Time Bandit
Alright, well there's a ton of arguing that could be done here, but the mass opinion is that damage balance in this game is just horrible.

DragonBorn1123

i dont think it is a glitch silver weapons are only weapons that can kill a were wolf fast

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts