• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

mihsen

this build is focused around minimizing damage taken and make the werewolf more practical in gameplay

MAX alteration, every perk
restoration, get avoid death and regeneration
get ring of hircine once curse is acquired
agent of mara quest to get +15% magic resistance and sailors repose for +10% healing
(affects avoid death)
khajit’s racial bonus stacks with the werewolf’s claws

strategy:

before any transformation, cast one of the protection spells to add armor, it will carry over to transformations. taking mage armor increases protection spells effectiveness as werewolf wears no armor. taking stability and dual casting increases the time before the protection spell wears off. when at a high enough level, you can cast ebony flesh and dragonhide together, they will stack together and allow you to take a lot more punishment.
since melee combat has its obvious weakness against ranged attacks, some of which are spells which can be very irritating, magic resistance will be very useful.
magic resistance will decrease the effectiveness of all incoming damaging spells thrown at you, while atronach will be canceling a third of all spells coming your way. agent of mara adds to this bonus.
avoid death will save you if your protection spells happen to run out of time, or you are overwhelmed by enemy fire. this is also the only way to heal if you cannot find any “edible” corpuses. regeneration and sailors repose stack and affect the amount of healing avoid death gives.
ring of hircine is a must, acquire it as soon as possible as you will need it if you want to transform without limitations.
any spell or potion that has a lasting effect will still be in effect when transformed, for example fire cloak will stay in effect for the length of its duration.
anything more is optional. (note: dual savagery from the one handed tree also benefits unarmed attacks.)

hope this helps

ShadowMage

Article Writer
Interesting. . . Have you looked into any of this? Like the carry over things. DO the claws really add to the werewolves claws?

mihsen

from my experience, yes the claws do add damage. i tried it out on my first run as a high elf, i was going to make a pure mage build, but as i got up to the companions quests, i came across some nice surprises, alteration and restoration were big helps, they remain in effect when transformed until their activation time expires, sometimes i revert back to normal form and the protection spells are still in effect. i then tried it on a second character (this time khajit) and found out about the claws.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts