• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Writes-Many-Posts

Champion of Grottos and Gremlins
So, when you mod, or when something bugs, you know you sometimes get money from weird characters. Ex: Forsworn Ravager. Anyway I was just done coming back from a bandit camp, when a courier showed up with this:2014-07-14_00001.jpg
Please don't judge my name BTW.

I have also been attacked by hired thugs sent by Paarthurnax, but that's another story.
Would anyone have a bounty from anything weirder? Like a troll, or a dragon?

AS88

Staff member

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
You Bastard! I am trying to forget about death and inheritance :sadface:

GroBenjii had just come back to his home town of Markarth from a long and dangerous Dawnguard Retrieval Quest. After spending the day smithing, enchanting, selling, sorting and socializing as per usual, he went down (also as per usual) to the Silverblood Inn for a drink with his best drinking pal Cosnach. Benjii had forgotten what gear he had imparted to his mate and therefore asked to look into his inventory... nothing suss o_O

After several more ales, songs, roasts, toasts and hilariously repeated one liners, Benjii took Cosnach's entire set of Epic-smithed Dwarven armour and weapons and promised to have them smithed up better and enchanted or maybe even swapped for some Ebony gear. As they were leaving the Inn arm in arm singing about the sexy forsworn tribal wife (good song that), the familiar sound of guards attacking rang through the air. Thinking it was just a bandit raid, the drunken pair separated and half walked home expecting the eager guards to take care of the threat. It was only when Benjii was halfway up the steps that he heard the unmistakable sound of a vampiric life drain spell. Instincts taking care of the drunkenness, Benjii unsheathed Dawnbreaker and jumped down the steps to see his friend, Cosnach attempting to bare fist box a Volkihar vampire... poor drunk fool. The vampire swiftly separated his head from his body who in turn got his own head separated by Dawnbreaker.

Cosnach still lays dead and decapitated on the ground just inside the Markarth gates :sadface:

Benjii still hasn't read the Inheritance letter as it is still too raw and hurtful.

Lucid

Firstly, I'm totally judging your character name. In very good ways.

Secondly, hired thugs from Paarthurnax! What in Julianos' name did you do, man?

I got an inheritance letter from the beggar in Windhelm after he died in a dragon attack. A bum with life insurance, left to an adventurer who flipped him a septim every now and then.

And I once had hired thugs sent by "Bandit Chief". I couldn't fathom where I had left a chief alive to do that, or why s/he hired thugs instead of using their own bandit crew.

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
I had thugs sent by Gunmar. The thing is I HAVEN'T EVEN MET GUNMAR YET. (Assuming it's the same Gunmar in the Dawnguard DLC)

I once got a letter of inheritance from someone I just killed. I can't remember who but I just killed him and I get his insurance money :D

Writes-Many-Posts

I'm totally judging your character name

that's when I begin to judge.

How can we NOT judge when your name is KRAGNAR THE NOSEPICKER o_O

Humph! I will have you all know that Nosepicker is a very honorable title in my character's imaginary bloodline!

Such title is of such greatness, Kragnar introduced himself as the Nosepicker to the Greybeards, and they immediately bowed down.

Lucid

You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose. But you can't pick your friends nose.

Sure you can. If your friends are resistant to the idea, use a calm spell on them (or invisibility on yourself, stealth nosepicking). If they're really resistant - paralyze. With enough magicka or alchemical skills you can do anything you want! Except maybe have real friends.

Writes-Many-Posts

You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose. But you can't pick your friends nose.

Sure you can. If your friends are resistant to the idea, use a calm spell on them (or invisibility on yourself, stealth nosepicking). If they're really resistant - paralyze. With enough magicka or alchemical skills you can do anything you want! Except maybe have real friends.

Stop revealing my family secrets!
- Kragnar

Lucid

Stop revealing my family secrets!
- Kragnar

Dad?!

JoeReese

Firstly, I'm totally judging your character name. In very good ways.

Secondly, hired thugs from Paarthurnax! What in Julianos' name did you do, man?

I got an inheritance letter from the beggar in Windhelm after he died in a dragon attack. A bum with life insurance, left to an adventurer who flipped him a septim every now and then.

And I once had hired thugs sent by "Bandit Chief". I couldn't fathom where I had left a chief alive to do that, or why s/he hired thugs instead of using their own bandit crew.
The lady in Mistwatch keep, by chance? I pickpocketed the distraught husband's key once, causing a visit from the hired new armor and weapon shopping thugs.

Tryst

Humph! I will have you all know that Nosepicker is a very honorable title in my character's imaginary bloodline!

Such title is of such greatness, Kragnar introduced himself as the Nosepicker to the Greybeards, and they immediately bowed down.

I picked my nose very carefully, it took me ages to get it right on the character screen.

AS88

Staff member

I picked my nose very carefully, it took me ages to get it right on the character screen.

Mr Forz

I'm helping. Mostly.
I've had one from a Draugr Scourge. Wasn't exactly experienced on mods back then though. (And at the same time my friend could somehow manage to marry a dragon, it crashed at the wedding but still).

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
In my early modding days when I ran over 200 Mods I suffered from shall we say a most unfortunate and most humorous Letter Inheritance.....you know those mods that make NPCs non-essential?
well get this I got a letter of Inheritance from.........Sanguine!!! That's right the Daedric Prince himself and it was in the name of Ulfric Stormcloak (I was an imperial soldier) he had bequethed me an inheritance of 400 gold.

Once got thugs sent after me by a Briarheart for Pickpocketing his Briar Heart..which is most bizarre as that kills them outright so who sent the thugs? his ghost?

I remember once when Arcadia sent thugs after me, I killed those thugs (with Ease) and then payed her a little visit where she gave me a stupid look and the same old dialogue about me being a Nord who needs an invisibility potion despite the fact at the time I was a High Elf so then I got a kill cam where my character proceeded to punch her in the face 3 times.

Should I mention the Time back then when my game Glitched and I died but survived (An enemy done a killcam on me but my character got straight back up and here I was playing as the Headless horsemen) 2 days later ingame a courier sends me a letter stating that My own Character had sent himself a letter of Inhertiance WTF!!??) that's why I slimmed down my mod list.

Latest posts