• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Opium_Bunny

What do you guys think of all the available mods so far? There were some that actually helped enhance the game for me (kill kids, better ui, armor retexture, better merchants etc)...but there were a few that I thought were just ridiculous.

I laughed when I came across some of these: Ginormous breasts (ew), slutty priest outfits, big hips on women, rainbow horses, final fantasy characters etc.

I'm not hating on these mods in any way (it's not in my game that's all that matters), but I think it's so awesome that people are getting so creative with their Skyrim experience. Someone went as far as creating real war scenes in random map locations! That is just awesome.

What are your most anticipated Skyrim mods?

theminstrels

Overseer of the chupacabra tea party
Unfortunately I play on a PS3 which does not have any mods. From what I have seen there are some good ones and quite a few that made me raise my eyebrows. But, as I can't really use them, I will leave the answering to those that can really answer the question.

What do you guys think of all the available mods so far? There were some that actually helped enhance the game for me (kill kids, better ui, armor retexture, better merchants etc)...but there were a few that I thought were just ridiculous.

I laughed when I came across some of these: Ginormous breasts (ew), slutty priest outfits, big hips on women, rainbow horses, final fantasy characters etc.

I'm not hating on these mods in any way (it's not in my game that's all that matters), but I think it's so awesome that people are getting so creative with their Skyrim experience. Someone went as far as creating real war scenes in random map locations! That is just awesome.

What are your most anticipated Skyrim mods?

Let me get this straight: you are okay with killing babies, but not with bigger breasts?

Necromis

^^^exactly what I was thinking......let's keep the kiddies away from the evil bunny. LOL On a more serious note. I like the proudspire mod, makes it much more worth the price. There are several others but dang it my brain isn't remembering them.

Monolith

The Progeny of Vikings
I'm having a blast with the custom difficulty mod from skyrimnexus. Makes the fights more interesting again, especially against spellcasters who can now one-shot me (at least the powerful ones)! Other than that, I used the Skyboost mod in the past to get a framerate increase, but had to reinstall the game due to glitches and omitted the mod since there wasn't a version available which would be compatible with the new patch. Besides, ever since 1.4 my game has mostly run near or slightly over 60 fps, rarely dipping below 50 even in heavy combat.

I would like to install the Skyrim HD mod for better textures, but I'm afraid it would make the loading times too long and create more stuttering when sprinting through terrain due to slower texture loading.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
I only use SkyUI, A Quality World Map, Better Females by Bella, and BGM Glass and Elven Armour and Weapons. Except for SkyUI they are all just cosmetic changes. I tend to shy away from anything that makes changes in the game content or mechanics because they are more prone to being buggy in an already buggy game.
I would like to install the Skyrim HD mod for better textures, but I'm afraid it would make the loading times too long and create more stuttering when sprinting through terrain due to slower texture loading.
Assuming your settings are all at high or ultra, with FPS you're reporting the HD mod shouldn't create any appreciable performance issues. You can always uninstall the mod if it does take an unacceptable toll on performance for you.

That being said, I was a little surprised that you are experiencing stuttering when sprinting. I have lower FPS and don't experience any stuttering when sprinting.

Monolith

The Progeny of Vikings
Assuming your settings are all at high or ultra, with FPS you're reporting the HD mod shouldn't create any appreciable performance issues. You can always uninstall the mod if it does take an unacceptable toll on performance for you.

That being said, I was a little surprised that you are experiencing stuttering when sprinting. I have lower FPS and don't experience any stuttering when sprinting.

That's just it, the problem doesn't seem to be tied to low framarates; it may be a vram/ram issue, or something even harder to pinpoint. Some computer configurations get it, others don't (I also have it in other Bethesda games such as Fallout). In some areas of the game, especially some of the pinewoods near Falkreath and certain other locations, I get the stuttering which can only be described as microsecond hiccups, like the animation is doubling back on itself for a frame or two, and it usually only happens when I'm running or sprinting. All the while the framerate shows ~60. I've read that it's most likely caused by texture loading from the hard drive, and the higher resolution the textures have, the worse it gets. This is why I've avoided the Skyrim HD mod, though I am tempted to try it and simply uninstall it things get ugly.

Then there's a different type of microstuttering that happens indoors, especially in small caves.. the framerate often exceeds 60 but the screen sort of 'stammers', like it's got the caffeine jitters, especially when looking up, down or sideways. This has been widely documented in other games, too, for ex. Battlefield 3. From what I've read this has to do with some sort of conflict between screen refresh rates and fps, the problem manifesting itself only when 60 fps is exceeded. Strangely enough, this stammering has been reduced greatly, and I haven't even made any changes.

stagnant94

The one that makes all women naked...

I'll just go off to my mothers basement and cry.
JK
I live in her attic

Opium_Bunny

Yeah..I think Bethesda did such a great job with the game that the only mods needed were the ones that fixed the UI and perhaps several other things...like more wildlife etc.

stagnant94

I totally don't get the obsession with My Little Pony personally, but do find the MLP mods pretty funny, particularly the one that turns dragons into flying ponies. I'd never install it of course, but the video made me laugh.
are you a Led Zeppelin fan? because you've got the name of one of there songs under your profile pic
'dazed and confused'

3v3r

I have scale-itch... Don't ask how I got it.
I laughed when I saw the sabre cat/nyan cat mod.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts