Xbox 360 Wearing Multiple Rings/Amulets Question...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

HouseHosted

Mundus 9-5, Oblivion weekends
Was wondering if anyone (that browses this area) figured out the reasoning behind equipping several rings or amulets in Skyrim?

Not too long ago, one of my characters managed to equip the Saarthal amulet with, as I recall, any other amulet I'd enchanted or found as random loot. At that time I didn't pay much attention-- but, then it dawned on me that you shouldn't be able to do that... About a week later I went and tried to do it again after having put the amulets back and-- typical playing the game stuff, and it was no longer possible...

Now this was last week, I'd tried to reproduce the effect by completing the first College quest, namely with how I acquired the Saarthal Amulet, to no grand result. Moving along.

It is now today, the day I am writing this, and I've now managed to equip three rings with a little tweaking. This glitch seems to wholly be possible by having both a Ring of Eminent Stamina and Ring of Magicka in your inventory. I have absolutely no idea if other random drop rings provide a similar occurrence, but as it stands, these two make it possible to then equip two others of your choice. In my case, the Ring of Magicka swaps out for a standard Gold Ring and I can also equip a Gold Sapphire Ring with the Ring of Eminent Stamina.

I haven't done a great deal of testing. It's just one of those things that falls in your lap, and makes you scratch your head. This leads to my initial question: Has anyone figured out the deal with this?

xsneakyxsimx

I have heard about a glitch where you give your follower a particular set of armour, then go to jail. The Follower supposedly is outside your cell and you can take the equipment you gave to them then serve your sentence, and you have both the armour you gave them and the set you had on when you were arrested both equipped.

Livelyn

The only time I have heard of being able to wear more than one ring is when you have Hircine's Ring originally equipped(by Hircine). Other than that, all I know of is a glitch. Soryyy! Hope you figure it out soon. ;)

HouseHosted

Thanks for the best wishes.

Well, I've come back to Skyrim after a brief parting. While I don't have any first-hand experience in duplicating this happening, perhaps out of laziness I went and searched around online. I did come across an 'answer' on Yahoo Answers where it is described wearing several rings comes down to trying to equip one and then another real fast. Secondly, as with my Saarthal Amulet bugging out and letting me wear several necklaces, there is a video on YT that shows one how to reproduce that effect with the Gauldur Amulet. So, in a way, I guess these two proofs answer my question. I am a little impressed I managed these bugs by accident...

Anyways, as a result of this ring bug on my Khajiit, I have learned how to simulate the Restoration Potion exploit without using any potions at all. It is rather neat. I could describe more on how to achieve this, though, there is a problem with reproducing the ring bug to begin with. Granted I would oblige if folks share an interest in this happening...

khazan99

Semi-professional cabbage collector
Well, I do remember a glitch involving multiple pieces of the same gear type, involving simultaneously transforming into a werewolf and starting a dialogue with your follower. The post I remember explained the usefulness in equipping multiple Heavy Armor gauntlets in order to make an unarmed melee character (a "monk"). It has been a long time since I tried this though, so I'm not sure if it still works.

EDIT: found the post on eldersouis.com

HouseHosted

Yea, I'm unsure if it is more accessible, but (mentioned above) there is also a way to wear multiple armour pieces and jewelry by making use of the jailing system... So, I mean, really you could just use that method for more consistency. Silly little exploits, they are.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts