• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

What's better Great sword or Battleaxe?

• Total voters

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
You my good sir, are an inspiration to us all. I used to be a sneaky sneaky in Oblivion but I've decided to become a 'noble' warrior beast : P and in this the job description kinda forces me to run in guns blazing :p but i generally just let the game play itself out and spend on what i need at the time (btw the heavy armour tree is pretty useful!!)

I think you can still play through with some sense of nobility and have a high sneak. I don't play any kind of thief-oriented character but I have a high sneak. Strategically, it makes for a great time during dungeon exploration when every hostile living thing in a 2 mile radius isn't immediately in my face.

wheato

Premium Member
I play much the same as morguen, but with dual wielded maces instead of the two handed sword. Unlike morguen though, I've been choosing perks in heavy armor, one handed weapons, and a couple planned in alteration as there are some good armor increasing spells in alteration. I'm currently only lvl 19, but the way I'm setting out my perks seems to be working OK so far.

ApacheDemon

Certified Skyrim Director
Absolutely. The problems arise when you spread yourself too thin when it comes to skill raising. I think one armor type, one melee weapon type and one ranged weapon type is a great balance.

Hm good... but does that mean that spending skill on stuff such as sneak or lockpicking is going to be unlikely

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Well, I gain a lot of points in sneak just by engaging in the activity. I've gotten a few perks from each of those. But I would not strictly say one has to spend perk points there. Patience and attentiveness serve both skills fine. It's more like those are luxury perks. I always check my primary skills first and if I'm far off from a perk for them, I'll consider one of these. And speech.

AZRainman

Which weapon has the best cut scenes?

I have only used two-handed and one-handed swords. Two-handed seems to be a bit more dramatic in the spirit of Conan.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts