• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

RumPilot

I'm curious. In terms of determining which weapon deals more damage and whether the damage on items is the actual amount etc. Say for instance, I have a bow that does 20 damage and a sword that does 25, but I have specced into archery. Which deals more damage? Does the 20 damage that appears on the bow, account for my Archery skill level? Or does that then have to be accounted for. And then what about the first Archery perk that increase damage by twice as much when maxed? Is that also included in the 20 Dmg?

Example: (Note these aren't actual formula's. I'm just trying to get my point across)
~~~~~~~~~
Bow: 20 Dmg + ( x2 Arch. Perk + Archery skill level) = Unshown amount

or is it

(Archery skill + x2 perk + Weapon Base damage) = 20 dmg

To simplify things, I wanna know if the damage that is shown on the weapon is pre-calculated or not, or if I then have to take into account, skill levels when choosing between weapons.

Belial666

From my experience, a weapon you have equipped will always show its total damage. Weapons you don't have equipped will also show their total damage but sometimes there'll be a glitch and they might show their base damage - checking them twice will help.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts