Weapon damage low on created weapon

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Hellwinkle

So I created a "Silver Mace" in the creation kit, following online youtube guides on how to do this. The item appears in-game, in the crafting menu at the forge, is temperable etc. The problem is that the damage is extremely low when opened up in the menus.

To do the creation, I copied the silver sword, changed the mesh to ebony mace and created a tempering and forging recipe for it. Everything looks sweet and it works well but its unusable at a measly 13 damage compared to the 109 I get from a silver sword.

BTW im using Requiem so these numbers will differ if you arent.

Do i have to create a leveled item list or something to get this damage on par with the silver sword or something?

thanks in advance.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
Staff member
Your own created weapon is your own thing that won't be covered or modified by any of the mods you are using. So if the damage is low, it's likely because it is using vanilla assets and numbers that you have got to modify on your own. There is no Silver Mace in vanilla Skyrim, so no mod is going to have the ability to change the damage output of such an item unless the mod itself added that weapon. Take note of the damage that you want it to do in your game, modify it, and reload it into your game.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
Staff member
I believe since it is a separate asset, unless you want to go out of your way to get it to level with you damage wise (like daedric weapons and whatnot), it'll likely stick to whatever you set it at--this isn't taking into account any perk points you may have that will increase its damage. I believe this will happen anyway, as they act like buffs.

So tldr, it will stay at its base damage unless you do more work with the mod; not including any buffs you have when playing.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
Staff member
I’m nit entirely sure. I’m nit incredibly well versed in the modding seen recently. Give me a bit to do some research for you, and I’ll get back to ya with a few links and possibly a tutorial you’re looking for.

Odds are however, your best bet is going to be avoiding the complications of trying to mimic limited levels leveling with you like Daedric weapons. Why? Because they only level with you until you get them in your possession. The best option is always setting the base damage to what you want in my opinion. Simpler and easier; but as I said—I’ll do some research for you friend :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts