• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Lycan

Forest Crawler
Does anyone else wish the werewolves were stronger? Is it just me or is turning into a werewolf almost a disadvantage? Thoughts?

Lycan

Forest Crawler
I meant strength wise, the speed I can't complain about but defeating enemies is much easier pre-transformation. I don't know whether its not enough health or resistance to damage but as a werewolf I expected more of a juggernaught, take down a few enemies before getting beaten down. Especially given the fact you can't really heal yourself and attacks dont do that much damage.

Drem

if you press RB or whatever your powers button is you'll yell and send everyone running. no one can even touch you. but if you don't roar they won't be afraid. anyways, once they're running away if you do a smooth combo you'll generally "maul" them no matter what health they're at. you'll get a finishing move thing where you jump on them and rip em apart

also power attacks send guys flying and knocks them out for a couple seconds. so far the werewolf is what's saving my ass on master difficulty, i turn into it whenever i have to fight like 5+ dudes otherwise i always get pwned

for example, had to become werewolf to beat the snow troll thing on the way to high hrothgar. that thing was regulating me

so yeah, in my opinion werewolf is amazing

Lycan

Forest Crawler
Maybe it was just because I was up against a dragon priest that i got my A$$ handed to me on a platter. I might have to play as a werewolf a bit longer

Asho

I was dissapointed with the strength of werewolves too. What is good though is being immune to disease, so even if I dont transform I dont have to worry about god damn rockjoint. Which is nice.

A5ko

Dual-Wielding Dragon Destroyer
I was dissapointed with the strength of werewolves too. What is good though is being immune to disease, so even if I dont transform I dont have to worry about god damn rockjoint. Which is nice.

This is the reason I will not cure my Lyncanthropy. I love being immune to such things, plus it's a quick way of stopping you developing the vamps disease.

Onyx

I have to say I think werewolves are decent. Went through a cave with mine and tore the place up, just have to remember to feed on bodies to keep up health and beast form. Also against strong opponents I find this very effective as fear works great :) Even some bosses just run away and I chase mauling em :D

Only issue I have is the time it takes to transform, so I only use it when I know what I am getting into. Not really practical in the middle of a fight (which is when I could use it most).

Also my werewolf cannot seem to grasp the concept of opening doors...which can kinda put a dent in dungeon runs.....

Garrison

I opted for the disease resistance over the sleep benefits; I'm still early in the game so I'm not sure how much i'll actually transform. That said, what affect does the Beast have on encumbrance? Can you transform over-encumbered? Am wondering if after looting a dungeon, whether it make sense to transform for a more efficient trek back to town...

tha420Moose

bLaze up. play skYrim
I opted for the disease resistance over the sleep benefits; I'm still early in the game so I'm not sure how much i'll actually transform. That said, what affect does the Beast have on encumbrance? Can you transform over-encumbered? Am wondering if after looting a dungeon, whether it make sense to transform for a more efficient trek back to town...
didnt even think about that. ill have to try it out

Lycan

Forest Crawler
Do werewolves automatically use the weapon equipped? I may have found a bug with the notched pickaxe and werewolf transformation.

vincent

SC2: DudeMan 346
Do werewolves automatically use the weapon equipped? I may have found a bug with the notched pickaxe and werewolf transformation.

I'm sure you don't use your weapons that are equipped. I notice that your completely disarmed when the transformation ends.

I've never experienced a disease and I don't plan too.

Lycan

Forest Crawler
I'm sure you don't use your weapons that are equipped. I notice that your completely disarmed when the transformation ends.

I've never experienced a disease and I don't plan too.
I only ask this because with the notched magic pickaxe equipped after you transform the pickaxe is still in your hand. Try it out and let me know if you have the same trouble?

Auxilium

In my opinion..
If you transform while in water, your weapons and so forth supposedly stay equipped.​

As for the strength of the Werewolf. I think it's great. +100 Health +100 Stamina, the power attacks on the werewolf are pretty insane to be honest, usually one shots or get enemies in the kneeling position.

Disease resistance is great and Howl of Rage is amazing.
Werewolves against Giants = easy win, even if your a bit under leveled as the Werewolf attack sends giants flying 5-10 feet.

Lycan

Forest Crawler
I understand it's a big game and all but I'm starting to agree that there are quite a few bugs that need to be addressed

brandon

i havent found the notched pickaxe and i havent even turned into a werewolf but it is nice to have when i need it. i just keep forgetting to use it. but if somebody sees you transform theyll alert the town and attack you nexttime your there. thats what the hints in the loading screen keeps telling. and might be why i havent made it a point to try it. im always running into random people. even in dungeons. i just thought they were captives. has anyone else noticed civilians in dungeons before? regular people not hostile.(thought i would clarify)

Lycan

Forest Crawler
Not really, unless they are part of a quest line... I've seen civilians out in the wilderness but not in dungeons yet

Nerevar

Filthy s'wit!
Does anyone else wish the werewolves were stronger? Is it just me or is turning into a werewolf almost a disadvantage? Thoughts?

IMO yes they are weak.

They SEEM great at LOWER levels (vs the above-posted snow-trolls and guards, etc), but once you hit even moderately higher level mobs they are useless, especially if you are a heavy armor user. Fight vs Draugr at lvl 36 in Superior Blades Armor (full set with matching set bonus) with 100 Heavy Armor and 2H Weapon skills with all the perks, and 98 Block skill = I win, even just sitting there and blocking; no contest. Transform to werewolf = DEAD in FIRST hit from draugr. Period.

If the abilites scaled, they would rock. If they had real, SERIOUS resistance to normal weapons, like they should, they would be OK, tho highlvl mobs would be using magical items).

For some reason they are not susceptible to silver, which makes the Silver Hand faction stupid vs them, as they are all silver weapon users specifically in order to fight werewolves. They should give 75% weakness to silver and make WWs immune, or at least nearly immune, to normal weapons, and 50% resistant to magical weapons that are not silver.

There are supposedly bugs with dual wield leading to the offhand weapon equipping after transform.

WW carry/encumbrance allowance is higher by a lot.

3v3r

I have scale-itch... Don't ask how I got it.
Werewolves are only useful in lower levels. They get pretty useless around 35-40 bosses and enemies just own you.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts