We need a Fanfiction/ Fanart Section

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Do we need a fanfic/fanart section?

• No, fanfiction belongs in general discussion

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Black-Tongue

Prey approaches...
After reading all the great stories and journals people are posting, I think a dedicated section for fan art and fanfiction would be beneficial. It would help clean up the general discussion while at the same time creating a dedicated area where users could easily post and read the latest stories.

Please post here with your thoughts.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
I always posted my journals on the blogging feature of this site. The blogs were made for this sort of stuff so I think they should all go there...

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
I briefly considered creating an album of my own, after coming across some particularly good fanart. If there's an interest for it, I wouldn't mind to go ahead and compile some of my favorites. :)

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
I know that the purpose of the blogs and media sections is supposed to be so members can post this sort of stuff. It does not seem that they do get the traffic as was stated above. My one concern is getting too many categories and sub-categories. I know Renegader wants to keep that front screen as clean and tidy as possible. There could be opportunities for subforums. I know people have done more with the journaling recently. I'd be interested to know if our resident artists have been in creative mode as well. I think Jersey links to her deviant art site, for example.

Drazker

Son of Sithis
I'd personally like to have a forum where we can post our fan fics and rp journals. I think the albums can suffice for fanart, however.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
I'd personally like to have a forum where we can post our fan fics and rp journals. I think the albums can suffice for fanart, however.

Do you think the blog section doesn't work for the fan fic or journals? I know some folks are using the blogs for the latter but I've not seen any feedback (positive or negative) on the blog functionality specifically.

Renegader

Administrator
Staff member
I really think the albums section is good for fan art as the interface is easy to use and it's quite organised.

You guys really want a section for fan fiction? That would render our blogs section kinda useless. D:

Black-Tongue

Prey approaches...
I'm mainly just responding to the 5-10 journals and fanfic stories that are posted in the general discussion on a weekly basis.

It's not a problem, persay. Yet those people are clearly not using the blog feature anyway.

I realize that general discussion is usually the first place everyone goes regardless of what they are posting (I'm looking at you, help threads! lol) and that you can only do so much to prevent it.

I just see how popular this forum is getting, and I don't want it to end up like bethesda's. That place is a nightmare. I hope more people can provide some input here.

Renegader

Administrator
Staff member
You don't know how much I hate how people ask for help in the General Discussion section even with the huge notice in their face. They just do it to try to get a quick answer since the section is the most active. :/

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts