Private We Hear Them Coming [18+]

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Zander Feredon

The Sightless Seer.
    ''Alice...'' He said in a gruff tone. Walking over to where the girl was crouching and lifting her gently into his arms. ''Woman, Where is the nearest healer?" He asked, growing impatient. He had been tracking her for some time, mainly out of curiosity. ''Is this really the one i think it is?'' He asked himself as he stood there cradling her in his arms. He knew he was in riften so he knew there was a temple of Mara nearby. ''Follow if you must.'' He said.

Bursting through the doors and lying Alice on a stone column, he turned searching. He ran to the nearest priest and lifted him from his feet by his neck. ''FIX HER NOW,OR ILL SKIN YOU ALIVE.'' He roared as he slung the priest towards Alice. ''I'll do all that i can sir.'' the priest said in a barely audible tone. Kresh crouched beside Alice and made sure not to take an eye off the man working on her. If he should fail, Kresh was fully prepared to end him.

Six Gun Tarot

Power is Power
    Agristyr woke to the sounds of cracking firewood, he shook off the last shackles of sleep as he forced himself off the floor. The cabin was dimly lit, allowing for all sorts of shadows to dance along the walls. His stomach growled loudly and he looked among the cabinets and various shelves for any signs of food. None was to be seen but quite a few different alchemy ingredients could be found. Agristyr grabbed them and shoved the various plants into his satchel. He walked towards the door and out into the woods, the sun was still fairly high in the sky.

"Maybe that group is still back at Riften."

Agristyr walked back into the house and returned fully armed, he pulled the bright blue hood over his head and began the walk back towards Riften. The journey didn't take long but the ominous feeling over Riften was still there. The smell of decaying flesh and burning wood was still lingering in the air, Agristyr lifted himself on top of the nearby building and walked carefully long its old planks. A loud scream and various other voices could be heard from a building across the way.

Agristyr maneuvered over the roof tops and landed next to a window and peered in, there was assortment of people inside. A rather attractive elf adorned in ebony armor, a dark elf whose gender even Agristyr couldn't place, a rather meat-headed looking man and the girl who he had saved from the bandits, along with a few others. He kept out of sight in the shadows and watched what the people would do.

Nadir-Natesse

Proprietor of Thy Lady and Lord
    Everything was a blur.

Alice, upon entering the gates of Riften, had turned a very sickly pale complexion. Too overjoyed to noticed the blood, Natesse continued to hug her. Happiness welled up in her heart just to see one of the great loves of her life alive, and not a rotting pile of half-eaten flesh. It wasn't until the girl gasped out in her ear that Natesse knew something was seriously seriously wrong...

"Tess...I need help..."

Then without warning, she collapsed from under Natesse's hold and onto the cobbled walkway. The Bosmord's eyes grew wide with shock and her heart lept into her throat. Alice was covered in blood and it could've been no one's but her own. However, before Natesse could make a move, a strong-looking man she didn't recognize from earlier stepped forward and scooped up the dying girl.

''Woman, Where is the nearest healer?"

Natesse's temper instantly flared and her eyes flashed dangerously. Who was this man, how dare he address her like a nobody, and most importantly why was he touching her Alice? Before she could utter a protest, he had ran off in the direction of the Temple of Mara and Natesse was fairly sure that's where he was headed. If it hadn't been for Alice in his arms, she'd have drawn her crossbow and felled him then and there. Instead, she took off after him, still woozy from her own fall but nonetheless in hot pursuit.

Rythe watched her go but didn't intervene. He knew not to ever get between Natesse and that girl...her fury when it came to any harm done to her could be the things of legend... He turned to the remainder of the group and gave them a tired look. Brushing his hair back across his head, he addressed them at large.

"Alright. That girl will be fine for now. Of that, I am sure... For the rest of you, please make your way to the Bee and Barb. There you can find a barrel of water and a sack of bread. Eat all you can. I will be there shortly, as will Natesse, to figure out what to do next."

He gave them all a nod and went to work shoving the city gates shut, and setting all the usual fortification spells.

----

Natesse saw the man kick in the door to the temple and gritted her teeth. Who was this disrespectful blaggard?! Whoever he was, once she'd healed Alice she intended to put his guts on a pike. She stormed into the room just in time to see him assaulting Kresh, one of the few Riften survivors who stood in as a healer.

''FIX HER NOW,OR ILL SKIN YOU ALIVE.''

He shoved the poor man who fell in a heap next to Alice and went to work looking her over, shaking from head to toe. Natesse thundered into the room, her face a mask of cold fury.

"JUST WHO IN THE NINE HELLS DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?! HOW DARE YOU COME INTO MY CITY, PUT YOUR HANDS ON MY SISTER, KICK IN MY TEMPLE DOOR AND ASSAULT MY HEALER?! I SHOULD SKIN YOU ALIVE, YOU FILTHY BASTARD!"

She pointed to the healer.

"THIS MAN IS A DAMNED FISHERMAN! HE CANNOT HEAL HER IN THE WAY SHE NEEDS!"

She glared at him...

"GET AWAY FROM HER."

...then back at the man. Her voice was beginning to grow hoarse but she didn't care. The healer had scampered to his feet and stumbled out of the door fearing for his life.

"GET OUT. I WILL TEND TO ALICE MYSELF AND I SWEAR TO ALL THE GODS ABOVE THAT IF YOU DON'T MOVE OUT RIGHT NOW I WILL BURN YOUR BODY TO A CRISP AND URINATE ON YOUR ASHES BEFORE SETTING THEM ALIGHT AGAIN AND STOMPING THEM INTO MUD."

A flame spell had awakened in both her hands but these were different; they were larger than normal. The very tops of them licked hungrily at her elbows while the body encased her forearms. The effect, whilst she was in her ebony armor and the gloom of the temple, was quite rattling. The reflection of the flames in her water-filled eyes gave them a glowing effect, almost supernatural. Her hair, once tied up in a bun, had fallen loose and now framed her face, stringy and wet with sweat. She looked like a demoness.

"I WILL SAY IT AGAIN, SLOWER THIS TIME. GET. AWAY. FROM. MY. SISTER."

Six Gun Tarot

Power is Power
    "Now let's put down that flame, Miss."

Agristyr stood at the doors, his bow at his waist with an arrow notched. He obviously didn't want to kill her but she would end up burning down all of Riften if she felt like it.

"Sir,"

He turned to the man that was standing next to the woman whom he placed the name, Alice. The angry elf had made that one quite clear.

"I would step away from the girl and leave this temple..for the time being."

Agristyr turned his head back to the very angry elf. His voice sounded like an ocean, his greatest weapon to soothe an angry firestorm.

"Ma'am, I may not look like it but I'm quite alchemist."

Agristyr lowered his bow and unnotched the arrow, as a sign of peace to her. He slid the arrow back into the quiver and slid the bow back onto his back. He pushed his hands forward, to show that he was unarmed.

"I swear to the Old God that I will not harm girl."

Nadir-Natesse

Sebek watched, intrigued. What a novel group this was! From the shade of the trees he'd seem them run about like scared chickens. One of them, an exotic looking woman had managed to lose consciousness, the silly ol' thing. Sebek eyed her innate body and licked his lips. Oh how he longed to play the role of incubus once more...sadly, those days were long gone; the women of Skyrim weren't as receptive to the idea as those of Morrowind. Sometimes he missed that place. Lost in some rather impure thoughts, he missed the lots of them mill about some wounded girl and enter the city. Beside him, his newest thrall yowled. He glared at it.

It was a woman, this time. Beautiful, or she would be if half her face wasn't missing. Sebek had mostly chosen her because she had an ample bosom and he longed for the nightly company of a female. Sadly, she had proven to be of little use on a bedroll; warm bodies served so much better. She had instead become his blood-cattle but after several weeks she was beginning to taste dead and to a human, that was like biting into a rotten apple. She yowled again and he lashed out with his right hand, his sharpened claws slicing her neck open.

"Do shut up."

She gurgled on her own blood for a few minutes and fell over, twitching on the ground. Sebek watched her through cruel icy-blue eyes. Sometimes he felt like most women deserved such a fate, what with their constant moaning about love and marriage and children and homes...Sebek had an eternity for all of that, why would he rush it? Then again, he hadn't loved a women in almost 200 years so that type of thinking was quite unnecessary. Seeing that all of the group had disappeared, he figured they were inside the city walls and decided to follow behind. Perhaps he could find out some useful information to aid his quest. If not, he would just have access to fresh blood and that woman looked very, very tasty...

He licked his fangs again, his mind not entirely on drinking her blood and began sprinting across the field. His speed was so great that he would appear as nothing more than a blur to those not gifted with the sharpened senses of the Beast. Stopping at the western wall, he took a moment to catch his second wind. Contrary to popular beleif vampires did use energy when running and flying; they were simply supernatural, not gods. Looking up at the wall, he took a strong leap and hooked his fingers over the edge and made a rather undignified scramble to pull himself up. Thanks to his role as a spellcaster he had very little upper body strength and relied more on his general vampiric strength to get him by.

Having finally succeeded, he begin leaping silently from rooftop to rooftop, careful not to reveal himself just yet. He spotted a man in a blue cloak on the rooftops as well and inched up behind him; seeing as how he hadn't quite noticed Sebek's presence yet, he was clearly not a vampire or a Beast. That would leave him as one of the duller races, human or mer. He wasn't going to harm him just yet. Perhaps he knew something worth knowing? He stood by his side, using his vampire powers to become invisible, and watched along with him for a moment. My, that woman was a fiery one...she would make a fine wife to someone someday he thought with sarcasm. After a moment he got bored and leaned in closer to the man in blue.

"Rather amusing bunch, wouldn't you say-oop!"

Just as he had opened his mouth, the man lept from the rooftops, his weapon drawn before he hit the ground. He made for the temple, ready for a fight with no point. Sebek sighed. Humans. He never understood them as a mortal mer, and he would never understand them as a vampire.

"So much for working on my people skills. I am so very ready to break out of my shell!"

He settled down in the shadows, cloak drawn and watched, waiting.

Nadir-Natesse

Natesse's attention darted to the door. She stepped back with one foot so that she could keep both the offending man and the newcomer in her sights. She didn't recognize this man either. He had a arrow notched in her bow but little did he know such an attack would have little effect on her in this armor. Not only was is heavy ebony, it was enchanted with an ebonyflesh spell which could stop all but the most powerfully enchanted arrows and weaken most blunt weapon attacks, including the bites of the undead. She wanted to smirk at him but only fury held her emotions. When he spoke, his voice was soothing, but such a skill with speech was lost upon her single-minded ears...

"Ma'am, I may not look like it but I'm quite alchemist."

He then put his weapon away and held up his empty palms, a show of good faith, Natesse supposed.

"I swear to the Old God that I will not harm girl."

She paused for a moment, but only a moment, then a smaller flame appeared in her right hand. She flicked it at the floor just inside the door frame and a large glowing orange symbol appeared with a dull sizzling sound. She eyed him. That was a fire rune and if he so much and jumped over it it would explode, turning his body and bones into bloody shrapnel.

Zander Feredon

The Sightless Seer.
    (OOC: im kresh)

"I WILL SAY IT AGAIN, SLOWER THIS TIME. GET. AWAY. FROM. MY. SISTER." The enraged elf had said. Out of nowhere another man entered the temple. This one had a calm and respectable demeanor. He looked directly at the angered woman."Now let's put down that flame, Miss." He had said. His voice was rather calm,like a ocean breeze yet it commanded respect.

Turning to face Kresh next the man said."I would step away from the girl and leave this temple..for the time being." Kresh unsheathed his Ancient Nordic swords and gathered himself into a fighting stance. ''Your magic will not save you if you try to remove me from....'' He swallowed a lump that was rising in his throat. ''My niece.''
    He put one blade away and removed his helmet revealing long ebony hair and piercing blue eyes. ''My name is Kresh Psyrakon, Brother to Simus Psyrakon and Ex-Commander of the imperial legion.'' He said, formally introducing himself. ''Although now i work for Isran, as a Sergeant and trainer for the dawnguard.''

He placed his blades on the ground in front of him and spoke directly to the elf. ''Now, if you wish to stand between me and my blood that is fine. Let me warn you though, No enemy has ever stood before me and lived to regret it.'' He took a step toward the elf, hands raised as a peace offering,yet still clenched in case of an emergency. Concern and anger were clearly visible upon his face.

Nadir-Natesse

She looked at the man, thinking. Alice had never mentioned an uncle before and Simus never mentioned a brother. He seemed concerned about the young woman before them but Natesse was not convinced.

Seeing as how she'd already set a fire rune at the door to keep the newcomer out, he couldn't leave without setting it out himself. Deciding on what she would do, Natesse then kneeled beside Alice and cast smaller runes (about 1ft) in a wide circle around her; these glowed a blue-white: frost runes. When detonated, these would cause a serious decrease in energy and the one who detonated it would be unable to do so much as stand up. She looked at the man, much calmer but certainly not friendly.

"Fine, "Kresh Psyrakon". You may stay, but do not interfere or you will see exactly how you are wrong about my magic. I will only warn you once. And you..."

She looked over at the newcomer.

"Begone. She does not need your aid. She has me with her now."

Then the Bosmer went to work on her beloved Alice, tears in her eyes and her hands radiating a strong but gentle golden glow. She slowly ran them over the girl's body softly murmuring a spell that sounded more like a song. Alice was hurt. Badly. This would take some time and energy...more than anyone would ever think. Natesse knew what she had to do, but it was something she wanted to use as a last resort. Without looking up, she spoke to the man at the door.

"You, newcomer. Go and find Rythe. Tell him to come to me."

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Alice was laid down on the stone table by the strange man. He was her uncle, her father's brother, whom she hadn't seen in years but she was in such pain she didn't recognize him. He was yelling at a priest to fix her but as he kicked the scared holy man away Natesse became the avatar of war and thunder. She yelled with fury that Alice had only seen from her own mother when she was in battle, or from her father when he murdered the Thalmor who raped her, back in the Jerrall Mountains (OOC: Yes, that really is part of Alice's backstory. Well, a recent additon. I haven't put it into her character card for the sake of censorship). The man who carried her looked horrified as Natesse's rage charged bellows demanded that he stay away. Alice could feel the life literally draining out of her and she was shivering uncontrollably. Natesse was doing her best to heal her but Alice still felt cold. She struggled to keep her eyes on her elder sister. She had to stay awake. If she didn't she would die but how could anyone save her from the unimaginable pain she was in? She was soaked in her own blood. In all her years she had never been this close to death. She looked to Natesse, pleading for some miracle that would save her life. When the Imperial man who brought her in here tried to approach she shook her head weakly, warning him to stay away.

She reached out to Natesse, wanting to call out to her but producing only tortured moans and pained wheezing.

Six Gun Tarot

Power is Power
    Agristyr nodded slowly to the elf's orders, he reached into satchel and removed a bundle of dried leaves, roots and berries. He carefully tossed them so they landed on the table near the elf.

"If she begin to convulse, make a tea with the ingredients. It should calm her down and keep her quiet so her wounds heal."

Agristyr easily moved out of the temple and closed the door, he sighed loudly as the door latched itself. Damn.. He moved towards a light in another building. He climbed up the stairs and knocked on the door.

"Is there a person named Rythe here?"

Nadir-Natesse

Back at the Bee and Barb, after removing his armor, slipping into a tunic and finding a new set of boots, Rythe had handed out the rations of food to the newcomers, included the boy who was the brother of the wounded girl. He had moved mechanically since the strange man ran off with her and Rythe practically had to pry his hands open to put a loaf of bread in them. He was so far gone it was almost sad but Rythe reasoned that it was a good idea he not get between Natesse and Alice. He could hear her screaming from here...

Natesse was usually a very kind and quiet person; she loved everyone. She was the most generous, forgiving, kind-hearted person you'd ever meet. Most had trouble believing she once ran the brothel beneath the walkways. However, when she did get angry, it was serious... Rythe had only ever seen Natesse angry once and it was enough. A woman, wife of an adulterous patron of Thy Lady and Lord, had stormed in one day and asked to speak to the Mistress about a job. Natesse was happy to see her but when she approached, the woman had slapped her.

Shocked, Natesse had tried to reason with the woman, even offering coin as compensation for any distress. Instead of talking like a civil adult, she had drawn a dagger and attempted to stab the Mistress. Now, if there was one thing (other than Alice) than really got to Natesse, it was being attacked for no good reason. It took less than a second for her to become enraged and she had burned the woman to a solid crisp, right there. It had taken many days of bribery to keep things quiet (and even Dreven had been called to silence a few of the more "opportunistic" individuals) but things did settle back to normal. Since that day, everyone had made a point not to cross Tess by trying her good will to it's limit. As Rythe mulled over this, the door opened and a man entered. Rythe didn't quite recognize him, but he did seem familiar.

"Is there a person named Rythe here?"

Rythe stood up, his strong arm reaching for the waraxe at his hip, just in case.

"That would be me. What can I help you with?"

Six Gun Tarot

Power is Power
    "A young elf asked me to find you, for what, only the stars know."

Agristyr pointed the rather feminine looking dark elf towards temple, where the rest were gathered.

"Also be extremely careful, she placed a few traps to keep people out."

Agristyr turned and walked back down and walked back towards the temple and opened the doors and peered in. The elven woman was busy stroking the girl's hair and the others more or less gave her space.

"I got the dark elf for you, Miss"

Zander Feredon

The Sightless Seer.
    "I got the dark elf for you, Miss"

Kresh heard the man say. Standing from where he was sitting, he walked toward the door and stood arms crossed.
    ''I will let no stranger touch her.'' He said sternly. ''Who is this ''Dark Elf'' you speak of and why is he needed, i thought you could heal her?'' He rounded on the Elf who was healing Alice. ''By the Divines, where is Simus, shouldn't he be here with us?'' Kresh was growing impatient and no one had yet bothered to tell him what exactly had happened. He paced in front of the door, barring the dark Elf entrance. ''Someone had better fill me in now!'' He growled, punching a nearby table causing it to crack under the force of his punch.

MagicBlade

Instinctive
    Berlow sat in the corner of the temple, leaning on a pillar, arms crossed. He remained silent and not involving himself. He was tense, waiting for any violence, so he could stop it. They shouldn't be fighting amongst themselves when the draugr lurk about. He waited for someone to begin conversation with him, preferring not to approach someone at this time. He watched her spells ignite, and silently applauded her skill. He leaned back , silently moaning. He relaxed, and smiled.

Six Gun Tarot

Power is Power
    Agristyr rubbed his forehead, the man was annoying and fairly head-aching. He stepped aside blocking the mad man from the door allowing Rythe to enter. Agristyr then entered himself and leaned against the door before turning his head towards the man.

"How about you shut that trap before you make everyone else want to kill themselves? Thank you."

Agristyr reached into his satchel and pulled out an aged pipe and small satchel of sweet smelling tobacco. He pinched some and put it in the bowl. He took out a striker and struck sparks into the bowl till smoke began to roll from the bowl. Agristyr pulled smoke into his mouth and breathed in, he blew it out. Anybody nearby would smell a sweet cherry smell.

Nadir-Natesse

Rythe followed behind the man, wondering why Natesse needed him. She wasn't in trouble, that was for sure... As he approached the door he saw one of Natesse's signature fire runes but paid it no mind: he walked right over it, unharmed. He turned his head to the side, directing his words at the blue cloaked man.

"I wouldn't try that. I am a special case when it comes to her runes."

Before he could take another step, the large man who had rushed Alice to the temple stood in his way, shouting about answers. He then took it upon himself to destroy a table and Rythe's hand shot out and around his neck, squeezing. For a man who looked an awful lot like a women he had a terribly strong grip. As expected, the man strugged and reach for his weapon so Rythe quickly had his say.

"I DON'T GIVE A DAMN HOW ANGRY YOU ARE. YOU WILL NOT DEFACE THIS TEMPLE."

Having said his piece, he released the man and took a step closer, his fierce red eyes alight.

"My name is Rythe and if you want the girl to live, you'd do right to let me pass with no trouble. Natesse is an accomplished mage and you better not doubt for a second that she couldn't burn you to a crisp without so much as lifting a pinky. If she calls on me for help, then the situation is serious. You'd better take that for what it's worth as an explanation for now."

He gave the man one last look and stalked bpast him to Natesse. Standing by her side, Rythe waiting for her to speak to him. She was casting a strong healing spell on Alice but her condition hadn't seemed to improve. In fact, the girl looked paler than before if that was even possible. She had opened her eyes though and they looked pleadingly into Natesse's.

"Rythe. You remember this spell, correct? I am going to need you to duel cast it in just a few moments... Please make sure you have enough energy and magic power for it. It is quite taxing."

"I am fine Tess. I can do it. But...why?"

She looked up at him, her eyes full of worry.

"You'll see. Kneel down here with us. You cannot hesitate when the time comes."

He did as she commanded and she took a moment to steady herself before smiling down at Alice.

"Okay sweetheart. I am going to heal you now. I need you to close you eyes and no matter what happens, don't move, okay?"

She looked over at the two other men present.

"That goes for you two as well. Rythe will need total concentration for his task. Do not distract him."

Alice gave her compliance and closed her eyes. Immediately Natesse could feel her life slipping away. She leaned forward, and pressed her lips to Alice's, parting them so that their open mouths connected. She began to glow a bright gold that increased with intensity to the point where it could blind and then crawled it's way onto Alice's body. It outlined her still form for a few moments, glowed even brighter and began to fade as if it were sinking into her body...

At the same time, it drained from Natesse, leaving her own flesh paler and colder than normal. She had given Alice the majority of her life force; it would be just enough to help her through the pain and blood loss. Just enough to bring her back to the living; it would be up to Rythe to bring her back to good health. As the light faded, Natesse slumped over Alice's body, unconscious. Rythe took his cue and set his hands over the two women, concentrating hard to give them the energy they needed to live.

Zander Feredon

The Sightless Seer.
    "How about you shut that trap before you make everyone else want to kill themselves? Thank you."

''Smug aren't you?'' Asked kresh as he advanced on the man. ''Keep your nose out of my business.'' He said, Lifting the man by his throat and pinning him to a wall. ''Or ill break it.'' He said as he tossed the man to the side. ''Ill ask once more, what exactly happened?''

Six Gun Tarot

Power is Power
    Agristyr began to smile as the man raised him by his neck. It had been a long time since he tasted death and his eyes began to glaze over and a wicked..almost evil smile spread across his lips.

"And I'll say again, shut your trap before someone decides to kill themselves from your loud mouth."

Agristyr drew a dagger from his belt and pushed it against the man's stomach. The wicked smile was still there and his eyes were glazed over almost like he was being possessed by a demon.

"Now shut up."

Agristyr sheathed the dagger and went back against the wall, waiting for the hotshot of a man to make his next move.

MagicBlade

Instinctive
    Berlow saw the exchange, and moved forward to step in. He began speaking in a loud, yet not yelling tone that echoed through the temple. "Enough! We shouldn't be squabbling among ourselves like ten year olds! Grow up and take care of the real threat at hand! We should be focusing on the draugr's throats, not our own!" Berlow's face was stern and serious. He glared at the men at the wall, and walked over. He grabbed the mans dagger hand, and pulled it away. He split the two up. and gave them stern glares, almost saying "Enough" . He moved back to his corner, and resumed his leaning on the pillar, his eyes riveted on the group.

Zander Feredon

The Sightless Seer.
    Unswayed by the mans words, Kresh merely backed up and unclasped his chest piece. What lie beneath was gruesome, his entire abdomen was riddled with scars from battles and self mutilation in pursuit of a higher pain tolerance. ''Cute toy , lets see how it fairs.'' He said dropping his swords beside him and clenching his fists.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts