Watch Out For Witcher 3 Bug On Xbox One

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Peter Paltridge

Administrator
It may be debatable which version of Witcher 3 is superior, but we do know which one currently ranks at the bottom. Some players of the new action RPG on the XBox One platform have reported running into an evil glitch that corrupts save files.

Most people are running into this glitch by leaving the XBox One in suspension mode for a few hours, though a scant few have had it happen out of nowhere (triggered after dying) and others theorize the glitch may arise during a specific mission. But most agree leaving the game suspended for an extended period of time will do it.

This bug hit Game Informer's executive editor, who used his position immediately to rant to anyone who would listen:

I’m now playing the game scared. Kill a monster. SAVE! Talk to a villager. SAVE! Pick berries off of a bush. SAVE! Losing progress in a game like The Witcher 3, which heavily favors choice and emergent storytelling, can be crushing. Getting a second chance to correct a wrong or see a story play out in a different way is something no player should experience unless they are playing the game for a second time. I now feel like I’m Bill Murray in Groundhog Day, sick of hearing the same conversations, bored of the same events, and praying that my game saves and I can see new content again.

Unfortunately, it will be at least a week before the console versions of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt see a patch. The PC version of the game received a patch hours ago. A fan inquired on Twitter as to when that patch would reach PS4, and community lead Marcin Momot replied "Not this week. Sorry."

Until then, developer Projekt Red offers this advice: don't suspend the game for long. No doi.
View the Post on the Blog

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts