• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
    Felyse had just finished putting on her armor, metal plate with boots. She wore a red surcoat over it, which helped with stopping arrows and bolts. On her back was an iron-pointed spear of better quality now, and her crossbow was a bit bigger. When she saw Balgruuf, she cursed. Had he come earlier, less of us might have died... She thought, but regardless of that, she gave a nod at the one-time Jarl.

Start Dale

I got 99 problems but a Deadra ain't one.
    Donmjark returned to the barracks with some of his colleagues in tow, he spotted the Nord he had knocked out earlier laid flat on the ground and grabbed a flagon of water. Standing over him he poured some water on the nord's face to wake him then when the man stirred he knelt down and placed the flagon in his hands.

"Drink son, I know you won't recognise me now in this Iron Armour but you attacked me earlier, sorry for the bump on your head was all i could think of" Donmjark looked at the Nord as he emptied the flagon of water, colour slowly returning to his cheeks he still looked confused.

"I, I, remember a Forsworn then you, now, my name is Jon kinsman, whats happening?" Jon leaned against the wall.

"Me both times, you've heard of a disguise right?" The Nord froze, Donmjark put a calming hand on his shoulder "If I had wanted you dead you would be, listen here chew on this and drink some of this". Donmjark handed him some packages of meat he had found in the barracks plus a bottle of mead. "When you feel some strength return Jon, come seek me out, remember i may be dressed like a Forsworn again but thats cause i want to travel free in the open, next time look before you leap you may not get such consideration next time".

Jon's face darkened then fell a bit "You are right, i wasn't myself, they treated us like animals and i had become one, thank you". He started to eat the meat and supped at the mead, Donmjark stripped off the iron armour and donned the Forsworn garb again then winked playfully at the Nord.

"I've never been built for slavery, this is the price of freedom alas. That and constant vigilance, my name is Donmjark. Get your strength up Jon your town is free but it is a brief respite i feel that it won't be long till the Altmer and Imperials return in force. Then you will need to fight with your new comrades". At that Donmjark turned to leave the barracks.

"I could journey with you" Jon offered. Donmjark shook his head and replied.

"Take my Iron armour practice with it and your sword and shield, i will be back within the day to fight along side you". At that Donmjark stepped out of the barracks. He mused there was no sign of the dwarf, was he a mirage, a mist that didn't really exist. He didn't have time to ponder it, he had to journey far to get his equipment.

"Balgruuf is here" His mood lifted, for so long he had wondered after he had split off from the escape group to lead the Thalmor scouts the wrong route, had his Jarl made it. Now with that snippet of news he felt reinvigoured.

A reunion would have to wait he had his gear to recover, then he could really fight again as a Nord.

GuardianCren1812

The guy with the axe
    Crengar sat against the meat shop that night, taking some rest. However little it was, it felt good feeling cool grass beneath him again instead of the stone floor of the slaves quarters.

He stayed wary though, keeping a hand around Stone-fury. The axe's fiery aura stirred vibrantly.

Star Gazer

Isnar watched as the town settled after the long battle. People began regrouping and mourning the dead. Isnar went back to his shop and found Crengar, resting. Isnar saw the barbarian's shoulder wound from the arrow. "Might want to get that patched up." The old man said. Isnar felt very tired, but felt as if he was reborn. The battle loosened up his muscles and forced his lungs to expand. He felt ten years younger, but that doesn't do much when you're over a century old. Isnar laid down on his bed and thought of what had happened that day. It seemed like the woman being dragged away was a memory from weeks ago, but it brought Isnar back to reality. Just because they saved Rorikstead did not mean the oppressors were taken care of. Surely the young general would send his armies to wipe them out. Isnar then knew that it wasn't just the plains and town of Rorikstead they were fighting for, but for all of Skyrim and the nordic way of life.

GuardianCren1812

The guy with the axe
    Crengar's eyes opened a moment when he heard Isnar speak. "Might want to get that patched up." he saw the old man pass him.

Crengar didn't register it until he looked at his shoulder. The arrow was still there. He wiggled it around until it popped out then used the cloth from his old ragged tunic to wrap it up. "Thanks." he said, though he knew Isnar was out of ear shot by now.

Despite his exhaustion, he began to feel a renewal too: Regretful thoughts no longer haunted his mind, only pride. Despair no longer gripped his heart, only hope. He was a warrior once again.

'And this time, I'll die as one' he thought to himself, gripping his axe in some significance that he will never let it down again in surrender.

solace84

God of the Arena
    After speaking to the Jarl, Felian and the others started to prepare. The elf told Grefolin and Erik the Slayer to go on a scout mission, hidden within the fields of the hold toward Whiterun. Others volunteered to dig graves for their lost townsfolk, an act that took up the remainder of the day. They stacked and burned the enemy corpses at the fort, causing a large fire and smoke. The women townsfolk washed clothes and tended to any wounds, while also cooking up a lot of meats from the elf's meat shop. Weapons and armor were given out to all that could obtain them.
    Guards were set, in the disguise of Imperials, to the roads for each hour of the night in case any more enemies would come up toward the town. As the night fell, some went to sleep while many others stayed up in the fields, restless. They had a good and safe watch over Rorikstead, so none were too worried.
    Felian sat with Balgruuf's company, hovering around a small fire as the fort fire seemed to be out. Thanden sang a soft tune amongst the group, his voice very clear and full of emotion. He sang of his wife.
    "We ride at dawn," Felian said. "Whiterun won't expect us to go to them, they will expect us to flee to the mountains. They won't have many in number either. Balgruuf, you should take a handful of men to the southern pass of the Hold and await. When the time comes, you can flank them from the rear. If all goes well, they will leave the city defenseless."

Skyrimosity

Balgruuf looked at the Bosmer who gave a suggestion. Attacking Whiterun was possible suicide, troops were probably already in route to it from other areas. But, they couldn't defend Rorikstead long because the enemy would just continuously attack until they re-took it. Balgruuf pondered the statement for a moment. "Well, one good thing about attacking Whiterun is that the walls were knocked down during the first battle when I lost power. So it is not really a fortress anymore. However, the enemy likely has many troops there for it is located in the heart of Skyrim. So we will try your plan Bosmer, and I only hope it will work. I shall take my Freedom's Crusaders to the Southern Pass while you lead this militia."
    Balgruuf then began to gather all his men before they left.

GuardianCren1812

The guy with the axe
    After sleeping for much of the day, Crengar offered to help the night patrol, walking around the town's perimeter. He sat on the cliffs overlooking the town above to rest his feet, looking into the distance at Whiterun.

He glanced at Felian and Balgruuf when their fire went out, then continued glancing at the city. Peering a moment, an idea came to him before he slid down the short cliffside.

"Felian." he called quietly for the sake of any who slept, saluting Balgruuf respectfully before sitting down. "The western watchtower at Whiterun is between us and the city. Do you think we could garrison a few archers there as a defense tactic, should we need to fall back?"

Star Gazer

Isnar had overheard their conversation. Not a bad idea. Isnar thought to himself. "Felian, Crengar, how many troops do we have in total?" Isnar called out from his bed. The old man wanted to know if they were in over their heads. Whatever they planned on doing, Isnar would not be strong enough to make it out of Rorikstead without a horse.

GuardianCren1812

The guy with the axe
    Crengar nodded at Felian. He took two archers with him to the tower, knowing his personal talent for stealth is particularly lacking to kill without being seen. He could see four figures outside; two on the ground and two on top of the tower. There's no telling how many were inside but he did see the light of torches through the window holes.

He crawled in closer through a more unguarded side, out of eyeshot from the guards up top in the tower's very shadow. His hand gestured for an archer to take down the ground men. One guard dropped, grabbed at his throat as the arrow shot right through his neck, and the other just fell dead landing a rough shot in the head.

Crengar stayed as light and swift on his feet, knowing it wouldn't be much time before the ones on top noticed the dead below. He looked inside and saw four more guards sleeping, obviously the day guards. Crengar looked at his archers. "You'll have a better chance sneaking past them than I will, so go ahead and take the archers up top, I'll get the sleepers."

They nodded and went up. The sleeping guards stirred but were unwary, possibly thinking they just heard their night-shift friends walking by. Crengar very carefully layed down Stone-fury to help lighten his step. He felt little pleasure in killing the sleeping guards, hurting his sense of honor. He knew what he had to do though, the army at Rorikstead needed every advantage they could get.

One by one, as quick as he could, he broke each guard's neck in their sleep. One managed to wake up long enough to try to stand and call for backup only to be strangled by the barbarian's giant hands before he could make a peep.

He went up to find the archers hiding the guard's bodies from the edge. They had many close calls, but the tower was there's. Crengar took a torch from inside the tower and perched it up top, looking at the city. He felt a pit in his stomach as he saw a large military camp preparing it's army. "Lets hope this tower will be enough.."

solace84

God of the Arena
    Erik the slayer and Grefolin were laying in the fields, just coming into view of Whiterun city. It seemed the city was restless in the dark of the night, as many soldiers were preparing for something big.
    "Maybe five hundred men," Grefolin said. "They could have more by dawn."
    The distant road toward Riverwood seemed to be filled with soldiers coming to the city, as seen by their lit torches.
    "Hurry back and tell the others," Grefolin said. "I'll stay here."

------

"Only about 130 men," said a Nord to Felian. "Including Balgruuf's."
    Felian sighed. He knew many of their troops were woman and children, and a lot of the men had no battle experience.
    "There is an encampment not far from here," the Nord said. "With many horses and slaves that would gladly join our cause. North of here, at Robber's Gorge."
    "Thanden," Felian called out. "Take a group to Robber's Gorge. Take out any that are there and free their slaves, we can use them. When you are done, head down the northern mountain path over the plains and flank from the north. Hide in the hills and await the signal. I will draw the Jarl of Whiterun out and meet them head on in the plains come dawn. I'll try to buy you enough time to the North, and Balgruuf enough time to the south. Go, and hurry!"

GuardianCren1812

The guy with the axe
    The two archers donned some of the dead guard's uniforms, walking around in a patrol like normal to ward off any possible suspicion of inactivity from the city.

Crengar watched the city from inside a window hole, noticing a small carriage heading towards the tower.

One of the archers came downstairs to him. "It's two thalmor, driven by a slave. What should we do?"

'Damn'. Crengar thought to himself. "Stay up on top, I have an idea." The archer nodded and went back up to tell the other.

Crengar looked in the guard quarters in the tower and picked a pair of ragged pants normally used as pajamas. "Good enough" he mumbled, taking his armor off quickly and changing into the somewhat snug britches.

He left Stone-fury in a wardrobe and went to answer the door as he heard a knock, one of the Thalmor standing in wait. "It's about time, slave. Where's your masters? I have rations to deliver."

He thanked the gods a thousand times in his mind that they took the bait. "They sent me to pick it up." He bluffed. The Thalmor scowled. "Why would they send a slave? Where are they?" Crengar pointed up, the Thalmor backing up to glance up top. He indeed saw two silhouettes of Imperial archers, according to their armor. The Thalmor sighed and threw the sack of rations at Crengar. "Tell your masters I'll have a serious word to the Jarl about this, there's supposed to be more out patrolling than just two. Understood?"

Crengar gave the most pitiful nod he could give off before the Thalmor turned and went back into the carriage. He closed the door and sighed in relief.

Start Dale

I got 99 problems but a Deadra ain't one.
    Donmjark left Rorickstead, he walked at a steady pace north. Heading through the undergrowth it was taking him most of the day to get to his destination. As he didn't want to risk detection by any Imperial patrols he had to stick to the forested mountainous areas. It was doubling the time it would take him to get there.

By late evening he reached the hut, from the outskirts to it he had to keep his eyes open for anyone who shouldn't be there. After half and our hidden in the undergrowth he was satisfied that there was no one around the Crabbers Shanty. He aproached it at a slow crouch, entering with his bow drawn in case of ambush. What he saw instead shocked him to the core.

The old Nord crabber who stayed in the shanty was spread eagled and nailed prostrate to the wall, he must hae been up there for months as his body was starting to slump off the wall and was desicating badly. All at once the smell hit Donmjark, he almost retched and had to go outside. Suddenly panic hit him what if whoever did this had got to his stash.

He rushed to the river and wading in he felt about for the post he had left as a marker. Once he had his hands on it, he pulled with all his might dragging the post and the weight at the bottom slowly out of the river bed to the bank. The effort was exhausting once he had the chest on the bank he collapsed beside it and checked the seal, it was still secure.

Donmjark then started the work of scrapping the water sealent from the lining of the chest and opened it, inside all his gear remained he checked the inventory quickly and satisfying himself he closed and locked it again.

His gaze turned grimly back to the shanty now, he would have to help the dead old Nord to get rest, after all even in death he hadn't given up his chests location. He vowed that somehow he would avnenge the man. Getting up he walked sombrely to the shanty hut.

solace84

God of the Arena
    It was pitch black out when Thanden and his small group reached Robber's Gorge. The fort was quiet, yet shadows could be seen walking the railings above. A fire pit was somewhere in the center of the fort, as its glow glimmered upon the mountain the fort was built into. Thanden motioned his hands for half the group to go around, while the other half go the other way.
    Thanden took one Nord and the two of them crept toward the center, near to the road. There were two Imperial guards standing at the entrance, talking to one another. They silently went behind the men, then slit their throats. Thanden and the Nord then climbed up the fort wall and leapt inside.
    He saw large cages near the fire pit, where many groups of slaves were inside sleeping or sitting. He looked up to a watchtower and saw an Imperial guard. A moment later, one of the Nord's had climbed the tower and slit the guard's throat.
    One half of the team reached the stables, where there were dozens of horses. They silently killed the guards around them and took it over.
    Thanden whistled, and as the guards looked up curiosly, they were immediately shot down by arrows. The men then rushed in, as there were a lot fewer Imperials now.
    "Attack!" Thanden yelled as they charged, easily taking out the remaining men.
    The slaves rose as another Nord opened their cages.
    "You are free now my brothers," said the Nord. "Join us, and see our land returned!"
    The slaves happily agreed and together, they all took the horses and the weapons back toward Rorikstead.

GuardianCren1812

The guy with the axe
    Crengar stood proudly as he strode the path to the hall of Shor. The great mead hall of Sovngarde.

He looked across the Bone bridge to see many heroes, including his long lost family, stood in wait to greet him after he passed his trial with Tsun.

Tsun stood before him, with a smile that welcomed him like a brother. Crengar was astounded as he realized Tsun outsized the massive barbarian in stature, something he very rarely experienced in the mortal world. "Welcome, son of Stone-blood." Tsun called. "A life of battle, struggle, and honorable redemption has earned you a place in Shor's great hall."

Crengar felt at peace with those words, even though he couldn't remember how he died. In a silent nod of appreciation, Crengar drew Stone-fury. "I am ready." was all he said. Tsun stopped him with an outreached hand. "However, I cannot challenge you."

Crengar lowered his axe, seeming confused as he let Tsun explain himself. Tsun merely smiled. "Because Nirn still needs you."

-----

Crengar woke, inhaling sharply as he gathered his surroundings. He was still in the tower on his spot next to the window hole, and it felt much darker aside from the torch flickering up top.

"A dream.." he sighed to himself, though now it was a bit more clear as he never remembered falling in battle. Still, it brought him some peace of mind. If Sovngarde was anything like he just dreamed then it truly was an afterlife he wished to achieve.

solace84

God of the Arena
    It was only a few hours before dawn would arrive, while Felian and the others marched toward Whiterun. He felt in over his head, as he was unsure any of this would work. Has he just delayed all of their deaths? He hoped Balgruuf and the Freedom Fighters had made position to the south. Suddenly Erik the Slayer came running into view of them, panting and heaving as they approached him.
    "About 500 men," he said, catching his breath. "The city has emptied. It would seem as if they are waiting for dawn to march this way."
    "We will meet them at their city," said the elf, Stealthion proudly beside him.
    "Where are the others?" asked Erik.
    "Elsewhere. There is a tower near to the city to the southwest of it, did you see any torches there?"
    Erik's stomach dropped at the sight of the so few men they had marching toward the city. It seemed that they were only 80 strong.
    "Uh, yes," Erik said. "It held but a single torch."
    "Good, go to the end of the line and tell the archers there to head to that tower with haste. Tell them to take the few horses we have."
    Erik agreed and left, uncertain of taking away more from the line.
    A single horse rider came galloping up from the north, it was Thanden.
    "We took Robber's Gorge and the rest of the men travel upon horse to the north of the city," Thanden said. "They will await the battle, and flank in when the moment is right."
    "How many?" Felian asked as he leapt upon one of the horses that Thanden had brought back.
    "Thirty six good men have joined," he replied. "Plus our nine originals."
    "That will have to do," Felian said and put on his glass helmet. "All those with spears to the front of the line! Archers behind them. We have little time, so listen carefully."
    They marched on, toward certain death.

As she was mainly a crossbowwoman, Felyse deployed with the archers, assuming command of them. She manouvred them into a two-row thick line, spread out so that they would be a hard target. Then she walked to Felian. "Felian. You must not show any weakness. It would be the deaths of all of us. I trust you." She loaded a bolt onto her crossbow.

GuardianCren1812

The guy with the axe
    One of the archers looked in the distance to see the armies of rorikstead marching close. He called down to Crengar. "They're coming!"

Crengar stepped on top of the tower to witness the bleak spectacle. An army of little over a hundred men heading towards a juggernaut of half a thousand. He looked at the archer beside him. "A number of archers will be here to help you support from this tower. I need you to take charge of them if they have no officer. Can you do that?"

The archer seemed nervous but nodded with determination. "I think I can, sir."

Crengar took his shoulders encouragingly. "Talos guide your aim, my friend." He began to move downstairs.

"Mister Crengar." the young archer called to him before he vanished into the tower. He gave him a proud salute, and confirmed their bond of respect as warriors: "Fah paaz Keizaal."

Crengar gave a big smile, and returned the salute. "Fah paaz Keizaal, brother."

He strapped his hide armor back on, as well as donning a scaled helmet from one of the guards. He walked tall into the guard's quarters, opening the wardrobe where Stone-fury lay in wait...

solace84

God of the Arena
    "Felian. You must not show any weakness. It would be the deaths of all of us. I trust you," Felyse said.
    Felian nodded to her as she went back to lead the archers. In the far off distance the tower, with a single lit torch, came faintly into view. Felian rode his horse up to the front of the line, where all the spearmen were. A lot of them looked scared, yet still had a bit of courage within them. Felian trotted before them, with his dog Stealthion running around nearby.

"Do not fear the darkness ahead," Felian called out. "The sky is darkest before the dawn. Stay together and stay composed, show no weakness. This day, we wound Acrel's army. A wound that will infect and grow. Dawn approaches, be ready!"
    The city of Whiterun distantly came into view, and the many torches the Imperials held shined their great number for all to see. It was almost time.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts