• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
    Felyse set to retrieving as much bolts as she could - she had a stash inside the city, but couldn't reach it.

GuardianCren1812

The guy with the axe
    Crengar catches his breath, trying to think quickly as he knew he had little time before the enemy gets organised. He took the warhammer from Donmjark and nodded with much appreciation. "Thank you my friend, it's in good hands." He surveyed the remaining revolutionaries. His wisdom to battle tactics has weathered over the last few years, so he sticks with a simple but effective flanking plan.

"Anyone who's good with a bow, spread out around them and find cover the best you can, and don't be afraid to fire at will. Everyone else--" he turned, standing the warhammer beside him. "--ready your blades and the courage in your hearts, we charge! No longer as slaves and the oppressed-As free men and women of Skyrim!!" he picked up the warhammer and sprinted forth. "Victory or Sovngarde!"

solace84

God of the Arena
    Felian gripped the hilt of his katana with both hands, the blade facing downward behind him. It had been so long since he held his sword, so long since he had killed. Isnar headed the other direction with a group of townsfolk, as many Imperials pressed forward. The wood elf swiftly dashed through them with quick strafes, he swung at his enemies openings, their weak spots. One enemy lifted a weapon high, another parallel to him swung low. Felian dashed through them with two fluid swipes, gutting one and decapitating the other.
    "Die!" Thanden, the Breton who had lost his wife earlier, yelled as he joined the fight. The young man wielded a pitchfork into an enemies' throat, then took the fallen foes sword and shield. A few other townsfolk joined in as well, while others fled with Isnar to the rear.
    A rather fat, yet strong, looking Nord smashed an Imperial's skull into his shoulders with a hammer.
    "A glorious day!" the Nord said. "I am Grefolin, master elf, how may I..."
    An Imperial ran up behind the Nord about to deal a death blow to him. Felian stuck his katana in the sand and quickly pulled his bow out, knocking and firing an arrow with great speed of such a short distance. He shot the foe and the Nord smiled at the act.
    "This is no time for introductions Grefolin," Felian said, shooting down another close target.
    The owner of the tavern joined in next to them, a red haired man wielding a sword and shield. He slew an Imperial, and smiled to the Nord.
    "Grefolin, no longer a slave I see," said the bartender.
    "Erik the barkeep?" Grefolin called out. "Nice to see you fighting the very men you serve business to."
    "Call me Erik the Slayer!" he replied, splitting another vertically.
    Felian looked back as many of the troops were focusing in toward the rear of the town where Isnar and Crengar were.
    "Should we help them?" Grefolin asked.
    "No," said the wood elf. "Help me take the fort."
    The fort was to the east of the town, it was encircled with a spiked wooden gate. Many other Imperials were inside of it, some had climbed to the towers within firing arrows down randomly. Erik the Slayer and Thanden took out the guards at the gate, as Felian stayed back and shot down the tower guards. Grefolin grabbed the heavy entrance gate and lifted it up, he held it high with all his strength so that the others could enter it. As he lifted it, though, an Imperial charged him from the inside wielding a long spear. Grefolin's eyes widened, but Felian's husky dog, Stealthion, rushed through and tackled the Imperial, tearing at his throat.
    Felian followed the others in, as Grefolin closed the gate behind him.
    "Good dog!" the man said, sighing of relief.
    They took out the bulk of the Imperials inside with ease, as a few others surrendered by kneeling down and tossing their weapons.
    "We surrender!" said one of them, it was the same one who had the injured leg and killed the boy earlier. "Please, you win. Have mercy!"
    Felian, without thought, swung his katana into the man's throat, not fully severing the head. Blood spat out on Felian as the man slowly died. Felian nodded to Thanden and Erik, who then killed the rest of the surrendered Imperials.
    In the distance, on the fields heading toward Whiterun, they saw few Imperials riding horses in retreat.
    "We can follow them and kill them before they reach the city," Thanden spoke.
    "No," Felian said. "Let them tell Whiterun we are here."
    They looked back at Rorikstead, few Imperials were still in the lost fight up in the fields fighting Isnar and the others. The battle was won.
    "Come," Felian said as they exited the fort and headed toward the rest, Stealthion trotting alongside. "Let us meet our new army."

Felyse's arm was aching, but finally all the Imperials were vanquished. She wasted no time on celebrating however, removing arrows from her shield. When she saw Felian approaching, she slung the shield across her shoulder and walked to him. "Felian." she said.

GuardianCren1812

The guy with the axe
    Crengar sat on a pile of imperial bodies at the end of the battle. They had won, but something didn't feel complete to Crengar and he couldn't figure out what.

He looked over and smiled as Falian came back with his own share of the militia. "Hail!" he called proudly, patting a spot on the top carcass Crengar was sitting on. "Feel free to rest a bit, my friend." He offered courteously.

He had some spare hide armor on, better than the blacksmith rags at least.

Felyse nodded. "Glad to see you too, Felian. Where have you been during the assault?" She was binding up a small cut wound now.

Skyrimosity

The Army of the Oppressors had been routed, taking heavy casualties in the fighting. Edwyn went into Rorikstead to check around. Many were dead. Not only soldiers though. Men, Women, and Children fighting to take what was rightfully theirs. The sight made Edwyn sick. There were more dead than he'd have thought, and he only knew if the Revolution gained popularity that many more would die. It sickened him that people had to die this way for their own country. It was... unnecessary. Edwyn saw one of Balgruuf's scouts in the distance, standing in awe among his hiding place in the brush. Edwyn nodded towards him. They knew what it meant. Rorikstead was their's, at least for now. More rebellions would take place as the story spread. But, that would only cause the Oppressors to send more troops. Edwyn walked back out to where he had fought and saw the Bosmer that had been the cause of the sudden uprising. He wanted to know if he would try to lead this... Revolution, or if he'd accept Balgruuf to. "It is a shame more of Balgruuf's men couldn't get here in time. We could've reduced these casualties. My name is Edwyn. I'm in Freedom's Crusaders."

GuardianCren1812

The guy with the axe
    Crengar looked around at the exhausted militia in thought, letting the two friends next to him have their talk.

Start Dale

I got 99 problems but a Deadra ain't one.
    Donmjark rested on his knees, his sword pierced the ground his shield laying flat on the ground.

"Tell me thats it for now". Donmjark took the Iron helmet off of his head wiped his brow and looked round himself. "If anyone is hungry i left a deer down at the barracks".

He struggled to his feet, and started towards the barracks "Actually i left a couple of things there, anyone want to come with then i can get this Iron mess off of me and go get my old gear from where i left it, unless i'm mistaken we will be expecting guests".

Felyse nodded. She would have to get her armor on as well, might as well walk along with the other for a bit.

GuardianCren1812

The guy with the axe
    Crengar stood and nodded at Donmjark. "Maybe there's an armory vault there, with a better variety of weapons."

solace84

God of the Arena
    "It is a shame more of Balgruuf's men couldn't get here in time. We could've reduced these casualties. My name is Edwyn. I'm in Freedom's Crusaders."
    Felian stood again to greet the man. "Felian Oakenshield. Glad to have such men alongside us. We should meet with Balgruuf, form a plan. Acrel is far off from these lands now, but the Jarl of Whiterun will surely intend to destroy us presently." Felian saw the others leaving to get armor and food. "If you'll excuse me, I must grab my armor as well."

Skyrimosity

*At the cave of Freedom's Crusaders"​
    "Jarl Balgruuf sir. Something incredible has happened."
    "Spit it out then."
    "Rorikstead has fallen!"
    "What? To who?"
    "There was an uprising. A few Nord slaves and the townspeople overthrew their garrison."
    "Men, gather your belongings. We walk to Rorikstead."
    *A series of Hurrah's arise from the group, being happy to leave the cave.*​
    After gathering their belongings, Freedom's Crusaders began the short trek to Rorikstead. They brought along the weapons caravan they took earlier so they could supply some of the townspeople with swords and bows. As they neared Rorikstead, they saw it was true what the scout had said. The townspeople had taken not only the city, but the nearby fort as well. Balgruuf and his men walked up to a group of people he saw just outside the city.​
    "People of Rorikstead, you have taken a glorious step toward a free Skyrim. If you have no weapons, we have extras in the caravan. Feel free to take as you please."
    The former Jarl looked at the crowd and saw Edwyn.​
    "Edwyn, what were you doing here in this attack? You received no such orders."
    "I'm sorry Balgruuf, I had adorned the attire of a dead Soldier and pretended to patrol out here earlier. I only intended to gather details about the enemy but when the uprising started I used my disguise and killed the enemy commander."
    "Well done Edwyn. You have shown you are a very capable soldier but I must ask you more closely follow my orders from here on."
    The Jarl continued to look at the people, amazed they could take the city so quickly and without Resistance help. Well, besides Edwyn that is.​

GuardianCren1812

The guy with the axe
    Crengar tried to open the armory door in the barracks. Even with the weapons Balgruuf and his resistance brought, there can never be enough weapons in a war.

The door was locked. Crengar backed up and kicked the door down, splintering it in the process. There was definitely enough to arm a platoon, but what caught Crengar's eye the most was a familiar axe on a weapon rack on the other side of the room.

He approached it. It was a very finely crafted ebony axe with blank runes of fire etched all along it's head and handle.

"Stone-fury..." he whispered in disbelief, reaching out to take the battleaxe beneath the blade. By the time his hand gripped the equally sized weapon, the runes of fire glowed to life in a sentient recognition.

He smiled the brightest he's ever had, almost to the point of tears. Like being reunited with an old sibling as he held the axe up proudly. "Whole again, my friend."

He turned to go out to look for some help bringing the rest of the weapons out.

solace84

God of the Arena
    Felian put on his blade's armor and glass helmet. He grabbed his old ebony shield and headed back outside to the fields. His dog whimpered next to him, overlooking the death-filled town.
    "It's okay Stealth," he said, petting the dog.
    Thanden called down to him from a hill.
    "Balgruuf is here with the freedom fighters!" Thanden yelled.
    Felian nodded and walked toward the men.

GuardianCren1812

The guy with the axe
    Crengar calls out to some men from the barracks. They step out with a good cache of weapons, adding to the pile of scavenged gear. Crengar drops a good rack's worth in himself. "Enjoy."

He held Stone-fury over his shoulder, sitting on his favored corpse pile again. "Balgruuf is here with the freedom fighters!" he overheard from a nearby hill. Crengar's heart soared at that name, he thought Balgruuf long dead by now.

Of course, he should have known better.

GuardianCren1812

The guy with the axe
    "We may have a chance at Whiterun. Though, I still think they have the upper hand."

Crengar nodded. "True. But then, they also had the upper hand here." he shrugged a bit, just making an encouraging thought.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts