Waking Nightmare Won't Start

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Calen

Playing on a PC here.

Met Erandur in the Inn in Dawnstar, talked with him, and got the Waking Nightmare quest.

Except after telling me to follow him, Erandur doesn't go anywhere. He just stands next to the counter in the Inn listening to Karita sing. I went outside and waited for him. 24 hours, one at a time, and he never moved. I went back inside and he was still there. If I stand next to him, he will occasionally say "follow me, my son", but that's it. He doesn't move.

I rented a room a went to sleep for another 24 hours. His endurance for Karita's voice is amazing, but frustrating for me.

From reading on this forum about another bug in Waking Nightmare where Erandur vanishes mid-quest, (sheesh! doesn't Bethesda believe in testing?) (oh right, that's what customers are for) (and with the mods, half or more of the development team are the customers, too) ,
I went to the Temple and went inside, took all the books, and picked the lock on one chest. But, he never appeared. I went back to the Dawnstar Inn, and he was still there doing the same nothing.

What is Erandur waiting for?

If the quest is broken, is there any way to remove it from my Journal, other than loading a save from far enough back?

Thanks in advance,

Calen

tragik

Premium Member
Quick question, what if you go into the temple? I have read that with another bug he will show up behind you as you enter into the temple.

as far as removal from the Journal there is no way (unless a PC trick, I'm on XBOX) to remove it from your list.

Calen

Thanks for replying.

After he was frustratingly unresponsive in the Inn, I went on to the temple (I had read of that same glitch on some console systems, too), but he was not there, and did not show up either, and I ran around the one room I could in the temple for several minutes, taking everything I could, some books (including one that helps with a different quest) and one chest to unlock. I also checked out every "inch" of the walls in that room, looking for any hidden switches or coin purses.

tragik

Premium Member
Well, you can't get past that because he is the only one to help you.. have you tried to leave for several days and do other quests? I have done that and he was at the front door of the temple.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
Did you try reloading light right before you spoke with him? I've had similar things happen with other NPCs. A quick reload of an Autosave usually does the trick.

SyNerZ

hey dude, on that thing with Erandur, I had the same glitch, therefore I was angry, therefore I Killed him....He droped to the ground,then stood up, and started Walking.....

jamesblockey7

ok so this game is more glithcy than any game i have ever played in my life.

anyways this stupid plops happened to me about 20 times and i was just about to throw this game away when i found out how to get through it. first you have to save before right after you kill the orcs because sometimes he wont start walking at all when your done speaking with him. once you get him to walk follow behind him and when hes a good distance up the stairs(right before the place he usually gets stuck) use unrelenting force and shout him to the door, hell get his plops together and open the library.

BETHESDA, SPEND SOME MONEY AND HIRE TESTERS YOU fluffING IDIOTS!!!! WE DONT LIKE TO PLAY GAMES THAT WE HAVE TO QUIT AND RESTART A BUNCH OF TIMES BECAUSE YOU DIDNT DO ANY HOMEWORK AND WE CANT FINISH QUESTS OR QUESTS DONT GO AWAY AFTER WEVE FINISHED THEM. GEEEEZ WHAT A BUNCH OF RETARDS.

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.

anyways this stupid pl*** happened to me about 20 times and i was just about to throw this game away when i found out how to get through it. first you have to save before right after you kill the orcs because sometimes he wont start walking at all when your done speaking with him. once you get him to walk follow behind him and when hes a good distance up the stairs(right before the place he usually gets stuck) use unrelenting force and shout him to the door, hell get his pl*** together and open the library.

BETHESDA, SPEND SOME MONEY AND HIRE TESTERS YOU f***ing IDIOTS!!!! WE DONT LIKE TO PLAY GAMES THAT WE HAVE TO QUIT AND RESTART A BUNCH OF TIMES BECAUSE YOU DIDNT DO ANY HOMEWORK AND WE CANT FINISH QUESTS OR QUESTS DONT GO AWAY AFTER WEVE FINISHED THEM. GEEEEZ WHAT A BUNCH OF RETARDS.

Wow, Somebody sure spat the
Dummy.jpg
this time. Would you like some
tissues.jpg
??...lol

SGT_Sky

Silence, My Brother
hey dude, on that thing with Erandur, I had the same glitch, therefore I was angry, therefore I Killed him....He droped to the ground,then stood up, and started Walking.....
yeah if you beat the crap ot of him he usually gets back on track, which is good to remember because he does it in the temple too

You can't kill him until after the quest is finished so try that, and if that doesn't work then just reload a previous save

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Since this was originally posted January 23rd, I do hope he's got the situation resolved.

Halkin

pzzzztt

anyways this stupid pl*** happened to me about 20 times and i was just about to throw this game away when i found out how to get through it. first you have to save before right after you kill the orcs because sometimes he wont start walking at all when your done speaking with him. once you get him to walk follow behind him and when hes a good distance up the stairs(right before the place he usually gets stuck) use unrelenting force and shout him to the door, hell get his pl*** together and open the library.

BETHESDA, SPEND SOME MONEY AND HIRE TESTERS YOU f***ing IDIOTS!!!! WE DONT LIKE TO PLAY GAMES THAT WE HAVE TO QUIT AND RESTART A BUNCH OF TIMES BECAUSE YOU DIDNT DO ANY HOMEWORK AND WE CANT FINISH QUESTS OR QUESTS DONT GO AWAY AFTER WEVE FINISHED THEM. GEEEEZ WHAT A BUNCH OF RETARDS.

GRAWR!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts