wтғ and oтнerwιѕe creepy мoмenтѕ ιn oвlιvιon

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Wolfie

I'm such a chicken in Oblivion. Scared as hell by ghosts, wraiths ... and creepy NPCs in general. I'll sneak around dungeons and then run back out screaming. And then you have those epic moments that are ruined by accidentally 'attacking' someone who got right in the way of my arrow/fireball/weapon. "Stop right there, criminal scum!*trollface*" *character facepalms. AGAIN.*
Other than that, I both love and hate when you Wait for the Count or Countess to pop up. They suddenly appear on their chair, throne, whatever ... and they're actually standing in it. IN the chair. It's SO WEIRD. Whenever I talk to them it changes to a sitting position, but still ... also, I am desperately terrible at speechcraft and sneaking. I use the console and everything if need be ... but I'm obviously not fit for those awesome lucky people who can do the Thieves Guild and/or DB quests. *sigh* In time...

(Sidenote: I'm about to do the final main quest. *Shudders with excitement despite already having watched 2 videos on the ending*)

Gowsh

Old Fart
As much as I'd like to improve it, my Speechcraft stat stays low for all my chars. I can't figure out how to use the smiley-frowny mini game, so I just bribe everybody.

Maybe it would be cheaper to train the skill? No, but then there's other stuff I'd rather train. Ah, for Morrowind where one could truly be a Jack of All Trades.

Enjoy!

Wolfie

After the final quest, I found that my Speechcraft sucked. I'm going to try and change that. I recently had a very WTF moment, though, when exiting Cloud Ruler Temple. Joffre was stuck waist-deep in the ground, and shivering tremendously. Whenever I spoke to him, he stopped moving - but after I exited the conversation, it continued. He ended up disappearing from the game entirely, and I had to use console commands to bring him back. WEIRD.

I also stink at Speechcraft! I also just bribe everyone. I mean, who doesn't like money? (Particular quest Orismer, apparently. I could never complete that freaking quest..)

Neriad13

Premium Member
I just had the weirdest moment. It was almost midnight and I'd successfully retrieved the Shield of the Crusader. Triumphantly, I was hauling it to Leyawiin, more than ready for a warm bed in town. As I tramped through the swamp, I came upon the shattered shards of a ruined, yet still-smoking oblivion gate. Circling it, I sighted the tortured and bloodied corpse of a horse lying twisting on the ground, even after all these months after the Oblivion Crisis's end. As my eyes traveled upward, I spotted a guard standing beside it, alone in the wilderness, staring at the gate forlornly. He was the most miserable looking man I'd ever seen in the game. The corners of his mouth were down just about as far as they could go, his eyes were perilously close to being rolled back into his head and it looked as though his entire face was liable to droop right off any second now. And oddest of all, he had all the normal dialogue options, sounded cheerful enough and yet his mouth didn't move when he spoke. I couldn't help but think that he was the undead rider of that horse, crawled out of the grave. Needless to say, I hightailed it out of there.

Gowsh

Old Fart
I couldn't help but think that he was the undead rider of that horse, crawled out of the grave. Needless to say, I hightailed it out of there.

Yeah, that sounds about right.

You either want to do that, or burn the CD, say 10 "Hail Mary's" and hide under the bed!

Whichever works. :)

My current char is level 11 or 12 and is having problems keeping his enchanted weapons loaded.

As an aside, does it creep anybody else out that we need to steal people's very souls, just to keep our magic stuff charged?

Be that as it may, I figured that Umbra would be a nice thing to have. This was not a good idea. My poor Khajiit got his tail handed to him post haste. Maybe later. :oops:

Plan B is to start closing Oblivion gates until he finds a Soul Trap sigil. Could be a while.

Neriad13

Premium Member
Yeah, that sounds about right.

You either want to do that, or burn the CD, say 10 "Hail Mary's" and hide under the bed!

Whichever works. :)

My current char is level 11 or 12 and is having problems keeping his enchanted weapons loaded.

As an aside, does it creep anybody else out that we need to steal people's very souls, just to keep our magic stuff charged?

Be that as it may, I figured that Umbra would be a nice thing to have. This was not a good idea. My poor Khajiit got his tail handed to him post haste. Maybe later. :oops:

Plan B is to start closing Oblivion gates until he finds a Soul Trap sigil. Could be a while.

But I don't have a CD to burn! I bought it off of Steam. It's the computer itself that's haunted now. *cries inconsolably*

It's honestly always creeped me out more that the souls powering weapons wear down with use. What happens to that lost energy? Is it scattered into the bones of fallen enemies and lost forever? Is that the one and only way to kill a person's soul?

MetalHeadManiac

Aela's TRUE husband
Walking into the cheydinhal abandoned house before i knew what the dark brotherhood was and talking to the door. "What..is the color..of night?"

The Laoch

He is the Prince of Order. Or was it biscuits?
I remember the first time I went to the shivering Isles, I almost peed my pants when I was wandering the wild and a gnarl popped out.

Jake Johnson

The only three real WTF moments I had in Oblivion were:

1) Becoming Arena Champion after discovering (and reporting) the truth about the Champion's father. (WTF? It's a murder?)

2) Finishing Final Resting in The Shivering Isles the wrong way. (Another murder, plus every guard in New Sheoth is now after me!)

There are actually some creepy moments in Skyrim, too:

1) Namira's quest

2) Meeting Astrid for the first time

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts