1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums. You totally should register so you can experience everything our community offers. We have various resources related to Skyrim which include a massive array of Guides and Tutorials. If you're here just for the discussion you can check out our General Skyrim Discussion section or if you're here for help you can check out our Skyrim Help section. We also have the latest Skyrim News and fun stuff like Roleplaying and even a Skyrim Fan Fiction section!

Are you here to discuss Dawnguard? You may discuss it by signing up and checking out this section.

So if you love Skyrim you should join for sure. Click the 'Sign Up' button on the right to register your account. You can register with your Facebook or Steam account.

Vladimir Kulich on Ulfric Stormcloak

Discussion in 'General Skyrim Discussion' started by imaginepageant, Apr 28, 2012.

1. imaginepageant

imaginepageant of House Lannister

Thought some of you might find this interesting!

After recent discussion on the forums about Ulfric's motivations to kill Torygg and start the civil war, I wondered what Vladimir Kulich, the actor who voiced Ulfric, thought, since he'd likely have some good insight to the character. So I asked him, and he answered:

So politically correct! I was hoping for more of a personal opinion, but he hasn't played the game himself, apparently, so I guess that can account for the neutrality.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Neriad13 likes this.
  2. Flint firestorm

Flint firestorm The leading man, who else?

Yes ulfric sounds noble. But if he thinks he is being noble he would sound noble. Is it not a mind set?
  3. Jersey Dagmar

Jersey Dagmar Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!

I dunno, the voice acting for Ulfric was extremely bland. As if the voice actor wasn't too interested in the character he was playing.
  4. Neriad13

Neriad13 Premium Member

How cool! ^.^

Personally, I think that Ulfric absolutely believes down to the core of his being that what he's doing is right, that his cause is just and that the only way Skyrim can be saved is by the sword...but that does not mean that the unintended consequences of his actions won't have far-reaching and terrible effects.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. imaginepageant

imaginepageant of House Lannister

I agree with you 100%.

That being said, I just want to clarify that I did not aim to further the debate on Ulfric's motivations in sharing Vladimir's insight. Nor was I trying to use it to support my own opinions, since he didn't create the character, and thus has no authority on the matter. I was simply curious about his take on things.
  6. Veleda

Veleda New Member

That's very interesting, thank you. I love Vladimir Kulich (just re-watched The 13th Warrior for the n'th time) and think he did a fabulous job with Ulfric.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Balerion Blackdread

Balerion Blackdread Eater of Worlds and Pie

Translation:
    • Like Like x 1
    JerseyTheJester likes this.