1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums. You totally should register so you can experience everything our community offers. We have various resources related to Skyrim which include a massive array of Guides and Tutorials. If you're here just for the discussion you can check out our General Skyrim Discussion section or if you're here for help you can check out our Skyrim Help section. We also have the latest Skyrim News and fun stuff like Roleplaying and even a Skyrim Fan Fiction section!

Are you here to discuss Dawnguard? You may discuss it by signing up and checking out this section.

So if you love Skyrim you should join for sure. Click the 'Sign Up' button on the right to register your account. You can register with your Facebook or Steam account.

Quest "Visit the College of Winterhold" Glitch~

Discussion in 'Skyrim Help' started by Kanga, Jul 7, 2012.

1. Kanga New Member

Message Count:
    Hello Skyrim fans! I'm having a bit of trouble with the simple quest "Visit the College of Winterhold". I started Skyrim on PS3, but since so many people said to get it on PC, I did so, and now I play it on PC. I only mention that, because I managed to complete the quest in discussion whilst playing the PS3 version.

I've done many quests in the college of winterhold, but there's no option to complete said quest in the title. I've spoken to Faralda, and all of the other mages, but no options appear, unless they're to do with other quests....

Is there a way to reset the quest with control commands? Or another way to fix the bug?

Thanks in advance! If this gets answered, I'll do my best in helping out with other questions where I can! <3
  2. Dagmar Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim

Message Count:
    It's a bug. One trigger for it is if you persuade Faralda to let you into the College instead of doing her spell casting test. It shouldn't interfere with your ability to complete the questline though. Since you're on the PC you can try using the console command setsgate MG01Pointer 200 to clear it out of your open quest journal.
  3. Kanga New Member

Message Count:
    Yep, it hasn't effected my questline. I'm going for all of the achievements on Steam, so I'm hoping that using that console command will let me try again in order to get the achievement.

Thank you very much for your help! I will keep my promise and help out for a while. :)