Vigilant of Stendarr build?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

perkecet

this thread actually has made me want to try this build out. i'd do resto robes, whichever are level appropriate, along with the matching hood. steel, and then steel plate on hands and feet. i'd use a silver sword throughout the game (while leaving the difficulty at adept so it doesn't get annoyingly weak) while casting spells like turn undead and healing in the off hand. cast flesh spells before combat, while leveling alteration to 75 to get paralyze.

if a silver sword becomes unusable i might consider getting dawnbreaker.

i would definitely neglect block. just because the amulet fortifies it doesn't mean it's something a vigilant would use. never seen one with a shield.

oh and as to the questions about destruction, they do use it, often. i think i've seen them cast spells more than having a mace equipped.

perkecet

i started this up and it is really fun! challenging as well, since it's kind of a battlemage runt class. wears robes so you take a good bit of damage in melee, and mage armor isn't applicable because of the boots and gauntlets.

i'm deciding whether or not to go for dawnbreaker as of now. a typical battle in nordic ruins goes as thus: start with turn undead then immediately cast a flesh spell. use flames while chasing enemy then switch to healing while attacking with 1 hander in melee range.

Jaeger

Cool thematic weapon suggestion! I really wish they'd come up with a guild for the Vigilants. I'd even be happy with a medium sized quest chain.

Just got double enchant on the enchant tree. Thinking about Banish for the other enchant. My other choices are Fear, frost, huntsman, magic, paralyze, silent moons, soul trap, and turn undead. I don't want to have to chase them down, so fear and turn are out. Silent moons will put out another 46 damage, but it's not lore friendly. The Fire coupled with those perks and banish seems more lore friendly to the class.

perkecet

does anyone know a guaranteed location for an amulet of stendarr? my guy is at level 15 and i still haven't ran into one. really is ruining the immersion since the only places i know are on other vigilants and randomly on imperial soldiers.

perkecet

ah, yes! how could i forget about that place. thanks much

also, my vigilant has taken to collecting trophies from the abominations he has slain. vamp dust and atronach salts.

Jaeger

Would Onmund make the best follower if you wanted the follower to dress the part? Just give him some plate armor boots and gauntlets and he's good to go since followers won't use robes you give them. J'zargo seems to competitive and he did try to kill you. The dark elf apprentice summons atros. And Onmund is skilled in Heavy Armor and One-handed.

Skyrim:Followers - UESPWiki

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts