Vigilant of Stendarr build?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Jaeger

I ran across several and like the looks of them, their god, etc.

I want to build one. Haven't done a paladin spillage before. Like help.

How about this skill set?

Alteration (several of them had alteration buffer cloaks)
Restoration (a traveling Stendarr party cured my character of a disease and the god is in to preservation of life)
Heavy Armor (all the Stendarrians had iron or steel heavy armor gauntlets and boots) of course I won't go very high in this tree considering I'm just going to wear 2 pieces of armor.
Block (the Amulet of Stendarr gives +20 to block)
Light weapon (they used maces)
Smithing and Enchanting. But limit myself to Advanced armors.

Magic items will be of the above schools and undead and daedra smiting.

Will only cast alteration and restoration spells (unless magic college wants you to cast the fear spell).

I'm going with an Imperial. Female. Something on a wiki website mentioned Cryodil as the major worship area, even though the god is nordic.

Well?

With their hatred of werewolves, would they put the smack down on the Companions once they find out they're werewolves?

Fidelius

I've been playing a Vigilant as best as I can and it's a fun and rewarding play style. I play on the XBOX 360 and the favorites menu can get a bit tedious as I have to refresh Stoneflesh often while trying to combine restoration and destruction with melee and a shield. I feel like I spend too much time in the favorites menu swapping items and spells.

Here's my build so far: http://skyrimcalculator.com/#62599

Block
One-handed
Alteration
Restoration
Smithing
Enchanting (no points yet)

I'm toying with some points in Destruction sticking strictly to fire spells because they are more potent when used on undead and vampires. If I had to do the build over again, I would drop destruction as it seems to dilute the build. I will probably just go 2/2 Augmented Flames and then go up to Adept Destruction so I can cheaply cast Fireball.

Does anyone know if the Silver Hand NPCs drop Silver one-handed maces? I would love to upgrade it as much as possible and then enchant it with two effects: fire and turn undead.

Important note: To get the most armor from Alteration spells, your armor value has to be zero. To achieve this you can't be wearing any type of armor on your hands and/or feet. Since this build sacrifices protection by not wearing body armor or a helm it might be best to also wear cloth on your hands and feet and then put three points into Mage Armor in the Alteration tree. If you're a die hard Role Player and you insist on wearing metal gloves and boots, then do not put points into Mage Armor as you won't gain any benefit.

Neriad13

Premium Member
I really wish it was a join-able faction. It looks like it should be. They're everywhere along the road, they have an outpost, a headquarters and a few named NPCs. It'd be so much fun to go on daedra hunting missions with them.

brandon

I've been playing a Vigilant as best as I can and it's a fun and rewarding play style. I play on the XBOX 360 and the favorites menu can get a bit tedious as I have to refresh Stoneflesh often while trying to combine restoration and destruction with melee and a shield. I feel like I spend too much time in the favorites menu swapping items and spells.

Here's my build so far: http://skyrimcalculator.com/#62599

Block
One-handed
Alteration
Restoration
Smithing
Enchanting (no points yet)

I'm toying with some points in Destruction sticking strictly to fire spells because they are more potent when used on undead and vampires. If I had to do the build over again, I would drop destruction as it seems to dilute the build. I will probably just go 2/2 Augmented Flames and then go up to Adept Destruction so I can cheaply cast Fireball.

Does anyone know if the Silver Hand NPCs drop Silver one-handed maces? I would love to upgrade it as much as possible and then enchant it with two effects: fire and turn undead.

Important note: To get the most armor from Alteration spells, your armor value has to be zero. To achieve this you can't be wearing any type of armor on your hands and/or feet. Since this build sacrifices protection by not wearing body armor or a helm it might be best to also wear cloth on your hands and feet and then put three points into Mage Armor in the Alteration tree. If you're a die hard Role Player and you insist on wearing metal gloves and boots, then do not put points into Mage Armor as you won't gain any benefit.
no ive never seen a silver mace. but silver is only usefull against werewolves and there arent enough of them around to worry about anyway. ive seen very few deadra. you have to do the deadric quest to spawn the majority ive come across. youd be better of with glass or ebony with turn undead or banish on it. and your thing about mage armor is right you cant wear one peice of armor with it. but fighting a flame atronach with a fireball is pretty i dont wanna say dumb. but its not smart. so if your planning on using any deffensive spells you cant just use fire. you need to use lightning as well

Couthful

Tamriel Adventurer
I like this idea and they are one of my favorite NPC factions. I might try this playstyle but my main character already plays similarly with destruction/alteration/one-hand/shield just without the heavy armor.

I agree I have to spend too much time in the favorites, and considering it lags sometimes it can be annoying. I wish all 4 d-pad buttons could be linked to a skill and only when you hold one of the bottons down would bring up the full favorites menu.

Dvalin

I really like this idea. I've come up with a build that I think would work for the hardcore role player out there.
http://skyrimcalculator.com/#62704
(I tend to be one, I've just recently put down my Forsworn Breton) I have trouble remembering, do the Vigilants cast destruction spells? I know they heal and use that obnoxious mage armor but can't remember if I've ever been blasted by ice or flame by one. (My Forsworn has a habit of attacking them onsite)
Secondly are they mostly high elves? What other races have you all noticed belonging to the faction?

brandon

I really like this idea. I've come up with a build that I think would work for the hardcore role player out there.
http://skyrimcalculator.com/#62704
(I tend to be one, I've just recently put down my Forsworn Breton) I have trouble remembering, do the Vigilants cast destruction spells? I know they heal and use that obnoxious mage armor but can't remember if I've ever been blasted by ice or flame by one. (My Forsworn has a habit of attacking them onsite)
Secondly are they mostly high elves? What other races have you all noticed belonging to the faction?
no i havent seen any high elves. but the races i have seen have been either nord or imperials. maybe a dark elf or two cant remember

iLouis

Psst...I know who you are. Hail Sithis!
I ran across several and like the looks of them, their god, etc.

I want to build one. Haven't done a paladin spillage before. Like help.

How about this skill set?

Alteration (several of them had alteration buffer cloaks)
Restoration (a traveling Stendarr party cured my character of a disease and the god is in to preservation of life)
Heavy Armor (all the Stendarrians had iron or steel heavy armor gauntlets and boots) of course I won't go very high in this tree considering I'm just going to wear 2 pieces of armor.
Block (the Amulet of Stendarr gives +20 to block)
Light weapon (they used maces)
Smithing and Enchanting. But limit myself to Advanced armors.

Magic items will be of the above schools and undead and daedra smiting.

Will only cast alteration and restoration spells (unless magic college wants you to cast the fear spell).

I'm going with an Imperial. Female. Something on a wiki website mentioned Cryodil as the major worship area, even though the god is nordic.

Well?

With their hatred of werewolves, would they put the smack down on the Companions once they find out they're werewolves?

There is no such thing as a light weapon...

Jaeger

You know, a good weapon for this class is a fire mace made with Fire Enchanter with the Augmented Flames 2/2 and Necromage - Undead (vamps) drop like flies.

Fidelius

Cool thematic weapon suggestion! I really wish they'd come up with a guild for the Vigilants. I'd even be happy with a medium sized quest chain.

nordicowboy

Must be my Nord blood......
After digging into the topic of Stendarr/ Vigilants, I don't see why destruction magic would be taboo. It seems like they would at least use Lightning since it's effective against their targets (except storm atronachs).

perkecet

this is true, and the extra 20 damage to undead is nice at lower levels or difficulties. however, it just isn't a viable option in mid to late game scenarios.

perkecet

this thread actually has made me want to try this build out. i'd do resto robes, whichever are level appropriate, along with the matching hood. steel, and then steel plate on hands and feet. i'd use a silver sword throughout the game (while leaving the difficulty at adept so it doesn't get annoyingly weak) while casting spells like turn undead and healing in the off hand. cast flesh spells before combat, while leveling alteration to 75 to get paralyze.

if a silver sword becomes unusable i might consider getting dawnbreaker.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts